Taking Bets - Page 3 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Colorado Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #61
Jeeper
 
Rooster454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_Runner View Post
Chris, your 3.73 did okay with 35s here in Colorado? Heck, that is one reason I have not gone to 35s on my auto 4.10 (2012) yet.
since you have the 2012 you'll be fine with 35's IMO. I'm running 37's on a 2012 JKUR although I have a 6 speed, but it's really not that bad

Rooster454 is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #62
Jeeper
 
jagerhelix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CoLoRaDo
Posts: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfp88 View Post
So who feels comfortable installing axles? lol
Since you have the axle out of the jeep you have a great oppertunity to learn on this one and save a ton of cash. You still have your jeep to drive so you can take your time on it. The only reason I haven't done my gears and locker setup is not having the time for any hickups that might present themselves that would leave be without a vehicle. I'm sure if you dive into it and post pics plenty of people would be willing to help you a long the way. I also watched this video about thirty times.


jagerhelix is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #63
Jeeper
 
chrisfp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagerhelix

Since you have the axle out of the jeep you have a great oppertunity to learn on this one and save a ton of cash. You still have your jeep to drive so you can take your time on it. The only reason I haven't done my gears and locker setup is not having the time for any hickups that might present themselves that would leave be without a vehicle. I'm sure if you dive into it and post pics plenty of people would be willing to help you a long the way. I also watched this video about thirty times.

Sweet. Ya plan is to take our time with it fully assemble it and then drop it in the jeep.
chrisfp88 is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #64
Jeeper
 
JFjeld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfp88 View Post
K so new little tidbit in the fun and games apparently the carrier on this prorock will accept an OX Locker I am calling them today. I spoke to dynatrac today and that was their suggestion.
??? The OX replaces the carrier...

In any event, I have OX front and rear in my TJ and I absolutely love them. Just be careful how you route your cables. Good luck with your axle swap.
__________________
2001 2.5L TJ, HPD30/D44 with dual OX and 4.88, full armor, X20-8 winch, 35" STTs on 15x8 black Cragar Soft 8s, 1" BL, 1" Brown Dog MML, 4.5" suspension w/ fully adjustable control arms and tie rod upgrade, OBA, Novak Shifter, PS hood louver, Teraflex ESS SYE, UCF UHC tummy tuck, Adams Driveshaft
JFjeld is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #65
Jeeper
 
chrisfp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFjeld
??? The OX replaces the carrier...

In any event, I have OX front and rear in my TJ and I absolutely love them. Just be careful how you route your cables. Good luck with your axle swap.
Yes ox makes a locker carrier combo for the prorock. I'm gonna get the one with the electronic actuator. They look awesome.
chrisfp88 is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #66
Jeeper
 
chrisfp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,309
K well, payroll lady is out of my office, so the most I'm gonna be able to do tomorrow is put a deposit on the axle, then I'll have to go back to pay it off in full. :sigh: Anyways I do get my new tires tomorrow so that's good at least. With the axle the guy will throw in the gears, inners, outers, and the housing. I will need to get ball joints and the ox locker, is there anything else I'm failing to think of that I will need for it?
chrisfp88 is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #67
Jeeper
 
chrisfp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfp88
K well, payroll lady is out of my office, so the most I'm gonna be able to do tomorrow is put a deposit on the axle, then I'll have to go back to pay it off in full. :sigh: Anyways I do get my new tires tomorrow so that's good at least. With the axle the guy will throw in the gears, inners, outers, and the housing. I will need to get ball joints and the ox locker, is there anything else I'm failing to think of that I will need for it?
Here they are. We checked out the 44 yesterday. I put a deposit on it. Hope to pay it off/pick up next week.

chrisfp88 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC