Tummy Tuck???? - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Colorado Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
Newb
 
rollieholbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Arvada, CO
Posts: 8
Tummy Tuck????

I have been reading a few post here and there and I have heard the term Tummy Tuck. What does this mean? And what does it accomplish?

rollieholbrook is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Justin04Lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 3,734
A tummy tuck is essentially raising everything underneath your jeep to have more clearance over rocks and obstacles.

__________________
MetalCloak 3.5 sl 1 inch rokmen bl 35s rokmen tt novak 4x4 linkage
Justin04Lj is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
Justin04Lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 3,734
Like a motor mount lift (mml) body lift (bl) etc.
__________________
MetalCloak 3.5 sl 1 inch rokmen bl 35s rokmen tt novak 4x4 linkage
Justin04Lj is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
Adopt a Rescue

WF Supporting Member
 
Colo-TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bailey, CO
Posts: 4,477
Exactly... there is more to it than just that. to do it right it requires several Components. here is a link that should clear it up for you
So you want a Tummy Tuck... - JeepForum.com
__________________
Colo-TJ is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #5
Newb
 
rollieholbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Arvada, CO
Posts: 8
That would be interesting. I would like to check that out. Anybody have this done that is headed up Sunday. Let me know.
rollieholbrook is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
Justin04Lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 3,734
I know my explanation was very vague. I can think of a couple people that have done it.
__________________
MetalCloak 3.5 sl 1 inch rokmen bl 35s rokmen tt novak 4x4 linkage
Justin04Lj is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #7
Newb
 
rollieholbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Arvada, CO
Posts: 8
Thanks Colo-TJ.

It looks a little expesive for me for now.......

But it would be nice.
rollieholbrook is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #8
Adopt a Rescue

WF Supporting Member
 
Colo-TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bailey, CO
Posts: 4,477
There is some expense to this mod but it is Huge help. the stock set up robs clearence on a TJ. I have to do most of these anyway with my Axle swap and 35" tires. So I work on it a piece at a time and should have it done by late June. Hopefully...
doing the SYE and drive shaft 4/26 and the skid 6/2...axle 6/30 and then Holy Cross trail!!!late July... WOOHOO!!!! + this or that along the way...
__________________
Colo-TJ is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #9
Adopt a Rescue

WF Supporting Member
 
Colo-TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bailey, CO
Posts: 4,477
Already did BL and MML
__________________
Colo-TJ is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
4PlayHusker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arvada
Posts: 204
Hey Thanks for the info guys.

By the way, I had to create a new user cause they would not update my username. Didn't really want my real name out there..... lol
4PlayHusker is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
Justin04Lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 3,734
So are you Rollie then?
__________________
MetalCloak 3.5 sl 1 inch rokmen bl 35s rokmen tt novak 4x4 linkage
Justin04Lj is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
JeepandMud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,653
Rollie, I have the tummy tuck on mine, and yep I'm heading up Sunday . It does create more clearance over rocks. I like it even though I have got hung up before, on our last trail ride. But honestly it does really good sliding over rocks.
JeepandMud is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
4PlayHusker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arvada
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin04Lj View Post
So are you Rollie then?
Yep, I think so....
4PlayHusker is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Owen_TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo-TJ View Post
Exactly... there is more to it than just that. to do it right it requires several Components. here is a link that should clear it up for you
So you want a Tummy Tuck... - JeepForum.com
you beat me to it lol...

was just about to paste this same link
Owen_TJ is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #15
Adopt a Rescue

WF Supporting Member
 
Colo-TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bailey, CO
Posts: 4,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen_TJ View Post
you beat me to it lol...

was just about to paste this same link
you do yours yet??
__________________
Colo-TJ is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
Owen_TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo-TJ View Post
you do yours yet??
No, sir...gonna be a bit before i mod the jeep...

i just bought a new toy lol...pick it up tnite!!
actually sold my R6 in order to pay for it lol...

I was gonna make you ask, but i ended up picking up a built 1991 Mustang GT...copule quick highlights are a new 347 stroker, new t3550 tranny, max grip box suspension, and list of other stuff lol...all professionally installed. I'm basically just going to be doing aesthetic stuff to it...but yeah, pick it up tnite
Owen_TJ is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #17
Adopt a Rescue

WF Supporting Member
 
Colo-TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bailey, CO
Posts: 4,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen_TJ View Post
No, sir...gonna be a bit before i mod the jeep...

i just bought a new toy lol...pick it up tnite!!
actually sold my R6 in order to pay for it lol...

I was gonna make you ask, but i ended up picking up a built 1991 Mustang GT...copule quick highlights are a new 347 stroker, new t3550 tranny, max grip box suspension, and list of other stuff lol...all professionally installed. I'm basically just going to be doing aesthetic stuff to it...but yeah, pick it up tnite
Cool!! too bad you gotta let the jeep wait though. Congrats on the stang thang
__________________
Colo-TJ is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #18
Whiskey for my men...

WF Supporting Member
 
Oldguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepandMud View Post
Rollie, I have the tummy tuck on mine, and yep I'm heading up Sunday . It does create more clearance over rocks. I like it even though I have got hung up before, on our last trail ride. But honestly it does really good sliding over rocks.
Amy, the way you have your rig set up there was no way you could have hung up on anything. It was all in your imagination...
Oldguy is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #19
Adopt a Rescue

WF Supporting Member
 
Colo-TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bailey, CO
Posts: 4,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy View Post
Amy, the way you have your rig set up there was no way you could have hung up on anything. It was all in your imagination...
thats what I was trying to tell her.
__________________
Colo-TJ is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
JeepandMud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy View Post
Amy, the way you have your rig set up there was no way you could have hung up on anything. It was all in your imagination...
So it totally felt like I got hung up when I have to gun my engine just to continue on. You know what Ed? You and Chad need to leave me alone . Just because...yea no never mind. I'm just gonna sit back now and watch
JeepandMud is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
wanderlust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: colorado springs
Posts: 1,383
Just because they have shovels for skid plates, dot let them ruin your fun.
__________________
2012 JKUR dozer clear coat 6spd
mods.. lots of mods
wanderlust is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #22
Adopt a Rescue

WF Supporting Member
 
Colo-TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bailey, CO
Posts: 4,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepandMud View Post
So it totally felt like I got hung up when I have to gun my engine just to continue on. You know what Ed? You and Chad need to leave me alone . Just because...yea no never mind. I'm just gonna sit back now and watch
you are fine... do what your comfortable with....Just have fun is the main thing... I saw that smile!!
__________________
Colo-TJ is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
JeepandMud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,653
Yea, I had way too much fun . Eh, even if I do get hung up somehow I'll still have fun getting out of the situation. Plus, it'll be a fun story to share . I'm getting more comfortable with my jeep and it's flex so I may take a chance this week and push just that little bit further....possibly
JeepandMud is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #24
Whiskey for my men...

WF Supporting Member
 
Oldguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepandMud View Post
So it totally felt like I got hung up when I have to gun my engine just to continue on. You know what Ed? You and Chad need to leave me alone . Just because...yea no never mind. I'm just gonna sit back now and watch
We are not picking on you If we were picking on you there would be no doubt in your mind

The only way you could get hung up would be on a high shelf or a large rock catching one of your differentials. There were lots of small shelves on the way up to Moab Hill. Often they require gunning your engine to get up on them. That is not the same as hanging up on your belly pan. If we find a suitable shelf I'll get your Jeep hung up on it really good so that you can see and feel the difference Okay, now I'm picking on you
Oldguy is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #25
Whiskey for my men...

WF Supporting Member
 
Oldguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,689
Hey Chad! We should take her out to China Wall and she could do that rock that we both got so jammed up on. Then she'd understand the difference
Oldguy is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
JeepandMud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy View Post
We are not picking on you If we were picking on you there would be no doubt in your mind

The only way you could get hung up would be on a high shelf or a large rock catching one of your differentials. There were lots of small shelves on the way up to Moab Hill. Often they require gunning your engine to get up on them. That is not the same as hanging up on your belly pan. If we find a suitable shelf I'll get your Jeep hung up on it really good so that you can see and feel the difference Okay, now I'm picking on you
Ok you, now I know I'm in "trouble" for this ride . Don't think I want to know what your thinking, and giving hints I'll umm take it I guess . At least I'd be able to say that I did get fully hung up on a shelf.
JeepandMud is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #27
Adopt a Rescue

WF Supporting Member
 
Colo-TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bailey, CO
Posts: 4,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy View Post
Hey Chad! We should take her out to China Wall and she could do that rock that we both got so jammed up on. Then she'd understand the difference
with our luck she would just walk right up and over..
__________________
Colo-TJ is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
wanderlust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: colorado springs
Posts: 1,383
I left a bit of skid plate on that rock myself.
__________________
2012 JKUR dozer clear coat 6spd
mods.. lots of mods
wanderlust is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #29
Whiskey for my men...

WF Supporting Member
 
Oldguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo-TJ View Post
with our luck she would just walk right up and over..
Oh, getting up and over would be no big deal for her, she has plenty of clearance. It will be back and down where she'll high center...
Oldguy is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #30
Adopt a Rescue

WF Supporting Member
 
Colo-TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bailey, CO
Posts: 4,477

__________________
Colo-TJ is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC