UCF Ultra High Clearance T-Case Skid - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Colorado Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #31
Jeeper
 
GSPup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal5280 View Post
Ok that's be awesome to see some pictures.

I am running metal cloaks up front now so that's taken care of, I was going to do the lift last depending how I like the 35s without a lift. I wan't to make sure that I am not limiting myself without the lift.
Forgot to mention I have a 1" BL also, I used to have the metal cloaks and I rubbed bad in the front when fully flexed so I went with true hi lines. If you go with a 3" lift you should be fine. As far as bumpstops I have a 1 inch bump in the rear and don't rub anymore and have stock bumpstops in the front with no rubbing.

GSPup is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #32
Jeeper
 
GSPup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 548
So...17" at the lowest point on my belly skid to give you a height reference. 9" between the tire and the front fender and 8.5" between the rear tire and the tub. No rubbing front or back with 1" bump-stops in the back and stock bumps in the front. At this point I think I'm getting as close as possible to max travel out of my stock suspension.

GSPup is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #33
Jeeper
 
Justin04Lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 3,412
Are you using wheel spacers?
__________________
Rock Krawler X-factor Short Arm 3.5, 35 general red letters
Justin04Lj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #34
Jeeper
 
GSPup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin04Lj View Post
Are you using wheel spacers?
Who me...yes, 1.25".
GSPup is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
Justin04Lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 3,412
Cool. Ive debated on spacers or not. The backspace of my rims seems to clear everything well though.
__________________
Rock Krawler X-factor Short Arm 3.5, 35 general red letters
Justin04Lj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
GSPup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin04Lj View Post
Cool. Ive debated on spacers or not. The backspace of my rims seems to clear everything well though.
At full bump and full turn I can almost guarantee you will rub on your control arms or frame, because I still rub with spacers. Not really a big deal though.
GSPup is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2013, 03:52 AM   #37
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Neal5280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 561
Very nice! I should have the skid and lopro mount on thursday. I was hoping to install this weekend but am on call and won't have any other way into the office. So I am going to hold off and paint them this weekend and hopefully install the week of the 24th.

What did you use to finish yours? Not sure what the most durable will be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPup View Post
So...17" at the lowest point on my belly skid to give you a height reference. 9" between the tire and the front fender and 8.5" between the rear tire and the tub. No rubbing front or back with 1" bump-stops in the back and stock bumps in the front. At this point I think I'm getting as close as possible to max travel out of my stock suspension.
__________________
Current: GY DuraTrac 33s – D30/35 Open/Open –~3” Lift–MC Arched Fenders/TB–TrekTop NX
Have Waiting to Install: UCF Ultra High Clearance TT/Oil Pan Skid – MC F/R CA – Novak Cable Shifter – Custom Rocker Guards - Rear dana 44
LOOKING FOR: NP241 T-Case
Considering Trading: TrekTop NX for OEM Style Black Soft Top
Neal5280 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2013, 03:55 AM   #38
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Neal5280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 561
LOL I mentioned in passing to my wife about doing the upgrade sooner than later and the laser stare came out quick, LOL. I think that I will just hold off until next spring and keep the harmony where it is But I'll be keeping an eye out around town just in case something were to happen and I would HAVE to replace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreckenridgeTJ View Post
__________________
Current: GY DuraTrac 33s – D30/35 Open/Open –~3” Lift–MC Arched Fenders/TB–TrekTop NX
Have Waiting to Install: UCF Ultra High Clearance TT/Oil Pan Skid – MC F/R CA – Novak Cable Shifter – Custom Rocker Guards - Rear dana 44
LOOKING FOR: NP241 T-Case
Considering Trading: TrekTop NX for OEM Style Black Soft Top
Neal5280 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #39
Jeeper
 
GSPup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal5280 View Post
Very nice! I should have the skid and lopro mount on thursday. I was hoping to install this weekend but am on call and won't have any other way into the office. So I am going to hold off and paint them this weekend and hopefully install the week of the 24th.

What did you use to finish yours? Not sure what the most durable will be...
I had mine powdercoated...one of my good friends has a shop and did it for like $20. I need to touch it up with a rattle can though.
GSPup is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-14-2013, 12:28 AM   #40
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Neal5280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 561
Cool thanks, that's the route I was thinking but don't know anyone who does it any recommendations in SE Denver/Aurora?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPup View Post
I had mine powdercoated...one of my good friends has a shop and did it for like $20. I need to touch it up with a rattle can though.
__________________
Current: GY DuraTrac 33s – D30/35 Open/Open –~3” Lift–MC Arched Fenders/TB–TrekTop NX
Have Waiting to Install: UCF Ultra High Clearance TT/Oil Pan Skid – MC F/R CA – Novak Cable Shifter – Custom Rocker Guards - Rear dana 44
LOOKING FOR: NP241 T-Case
Considering Trading: TrekTop NX for OEM Style Black Soft Top
Neal5280 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #41
Jeeper
 
GSPup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal5280 View Post
Cool thanks, that's the route I was thinking but don't know anyone who does it any recommendations in SE Denver/Aurora?
If your willing to drive to I25 and 58th ave, my buddy owns Precision Powdercoat and will do it cheaper than anyone in your area. Let me know if you want his contact info.
GSPup is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #42
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Neal5280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 561
Awesome, thanks. You can PM me the info if you'd like. I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPup View Post
If your willing to drive to I25 and 58th ave, my buddy owns Precision Powdercoat and will do it cheaper than anyone in your area. Let me know if you want his contact info.
__________________
Current: GY DuraTrac 33s – D30/35 Open/Open –~3” Lift–MC Arched Fenders/TB–TrekTop NX
Have Waiting to Install: UCF Ultra High Clearance TT/Oil Pan Skid – MC F/R CA – Novak Cable Shifter – Custom Rocker Guards - Rear dana 44
LOOKING FOR: NP241 T-Case
Considering Trading: TrekTop NX for OEM Style Black Soft Top
Neal5280 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #43
Jeeper
 
GSPup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal5280 View Post
Awesome, thanks. You can PM me the info if you'd like. I appreciate it.
720-244-4787 his name is Caleb his shoop is Precision Powder.
GSPup is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #44
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Neal5280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPup View Post

720-244-4787 his name is Caleb his shoop is Precision Powder.
Awesome thanks! I'll give him a ring Monday.
__________________
Current: GY DuraTrac 33s – D30/35 Open/Open –~3” Lift–MC Arched Fenders/TB–TrekTop NX
Have Waiting to Install: UCF Ultra High Clearance TT/Oil Pan Skid – MC F/R CA – Novak Cable Shifter – Custom Rocker Guards - Rear dana 44
LOOKING FOR: NP241 T-Case
Considering Trading: TrekTop NX for OEM Style Black Soft Top
Neal5280 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #45
Jeeper
 
doctahjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPup View Post
720-244-4787 his name is Caleb his shoop is Precision Powder.
replying so i can keep a tag on this. i've had my pathfinder (my DD) rims plastidipped for a little over a year and it's really held up greatl, but now the plasti is starting to crack a little. been wanting to PC them for awhile anyway, and now that i have the jeep as our 3rd car i can dump the wheels/rims off my pathy and take them all up there to get done...
__________________
'99 4.0L 5spd, +2in procomp springs, 33x12.5x15 bfg at
doctahjones is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #46
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Neal5280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 561
So I have a buddy who's wrenched for 4 wheel parts for a while now, and he did a lift on a tj and removed the 2" budget boost and handed em' to me. So I think that for now I am going to do the bb and new shocks, plus mine are shot, and hold off on the TT for now until I have the $$ to do the SYE and Driveshaft. Looks like I'm getting close to having a very similiar set up to you GSPup. I figure that next spring when I do my rear axle I'll do the TT, SYE & DS, rear axle. Should make for a very fun summer next year!
__________________
Current: GY DuraTrac 33s – D30/35 Open/Open –~3” Lift–MC Arched Fenders/TB–TrekTop NX
Have Waiting to Install: UCF Ultra High Clearance TT/Oil Pan Skid – MC F/R CA – Novak Cable Shifter – Custom Rocker Guards - Rear dana 44
LOOKING FOR: NP241 T-Case
Considering Trading: TrekTop NX for OEM Style Black Soft Top
Neal5280 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #47
Jeeper
 
GSPup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal5280 View Post
So I have a buddy who's wrenched for 4 wheel parts for a while now, and he did a lift on a tj and removed the 2" budget boost and handed em' to me. So I think that for now I am going to do the bb and new shocks, plus mine are shot, and hold off on the TT for now until I have the $$ to do the SYE and Driveshaft. Looks like I'm getting close to having a very similiar set up to you GSPup. I figure that next spring when I do my rear axle I'll do the TT, SYE & DS, rear axle. Should make for a very fun summer next year!
Nice ! I had the metalcloaks for awhile and the setup worked fine...I rubbed in the front with my 35's a bit but you should be fine. You have 33's right ?
GSPup is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #48
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Neal5280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 561
Yep I am on 33's and plan to be probably thru next year after I am all set up I'll move up to 35's. But have to do it the right way and make sure I am not breaking anything because it is my DD and I have to be able to get to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPup View Post
Nice ! I had the metalcloaks for awhile and the setup worked fine...I rubbed in the front with my 35's a bit but you should be fine. You have 33's right ?

__________________
Current: GY DuraTrac 33s – D30/35 Open/Open –~3” Lift–MC Arched Fenders/TB–TrekTop NX
Have Waiting to Install: UCF Ultra High Clearance TT/Oil Pan Skid – MC F/R CA – Novak Cable Shifter – Custom Rocker Guards - Rear dana 44
LOOKING FOR: NP241 T-Case
Considering Trading: TrekTop NX for OEM Style Black Soft Top
Neal5280 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC