Deer Creek - Provo area - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Utah Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 10-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Jeepdad12jk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 17
Deer Creek - Provo area

Hello Utah Jeepers - I'm looking for the best place to find info for jeep trails in Deer Creek near Provo. I've found trail maps from 2005 - but nothing recent. Any info would be very much appreciated. Even a point in the right direction.

Thank you

Jeepdad12jk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
RedSurveyor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 594
Not much in the way of Utah Jeepers eh??? I don't know anything about that area being from the Uintah Basin but I have some good ideas for the northeast part of Utah if you ever head this direction. I'd be more than happy to help.
The best I can do for you is point you to Salty Rock Krawlers facebook page. Once in a while he does some runs in Utah but I have yet been able to attend.
Good Luck!

__________________
RedSurveyor is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
damndirtydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Eden Utah
Posts: 1,656
Join up over at JeepForum. There's a more active Utah chat and rides going on there. I like WF way better, but I do use JF for local info and to meet up for trips and rides.
damndirtydog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #4
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
RedSurveyor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by damndirtydog View Post
Join up over at JeepForum. There's a more active Utah chat and rides going on there. I like WF way better, but I do use JF for local info and to meet up for trips and rides.
Thanks I think I will do that just for info.
__________________
RedSurveyor is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-13-2014, 12:33 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
Jancie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSurveyor View Post
Thanks I think I will do that just for info.

And then you can PM me with details! I have a hard time keeping up with multiple forum boards. I have been wanting to join a local jeep club in the SLC area (within 50 miles or so). I don't mind going down to Provo or up to Ogden if I need to but I am sure there has to be some activities here in SLC.

New to all of this and still basically a stock JK but there has to be easy runs to go on I would think while I am learning everything.
__________________
2014 JK Billet 6 speed Manual
Rugged Ridge Entry Guard, Rocker Side Panel Kit, Ace Sliders. JCR Vanguard front bumper. Warn VR10000 Winch. Old Man Emu coil springs and shocks. JKS front swaybar quick disconnects. JKS Adjustable track bar.
Jancie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-13-2014, 06:24 AM   #6
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
RedSurveyor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jancie View Post

And then you can PM me with details! I have a hard time keeping up with multiple forum boards. I have been wanting to join a local jeep club in the SLC area (within 50 miles or so). I don't mind going down to Provo or up to Ogden if I need to but I am sure there has to be some activities here in SLC.

New to all of this and still basically a stock JK but there has to be easy runs to go on I would think while I am learning everything.
Mostly just trail names and a few route guide services. I have seen that there is a group on Facebook called salty rock krawlers though I haven't been able to go on any rides yet. They seem pretty cool. Also I hate to say this but there is another forum a guy just told me about a couple weeks ago that had a little bigger Utah group. They do stuff down on what they call rattlesnake quite often. ??? I'm over here in the Uintah Basin so it is a2 hour drive for me to go to all of their things. Bummer
__________________
RedSurveyor is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-13-2014, 07:28 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Jancie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSurveyor View Post
Mostly just trail names and a few route guide services. I have seen that there is a group on Facebook called salty rock krawlers though I haven't been able to go on any rides yet. They seem pretty cool. Also I hate to say this but there is another forum a guy just told me about a couple weeks ago that had a little bigger Utah group. They do stuff down on what they call rattlesnake quite often. ??? I'm over here in the Uintah Basin so it is a2 hour drive for me to go to all of their things. Bummer
Are you in Vernal? Roosevelt? I get over that way about once every 3 months but not in my jeep. My husband has business over there so I usually ride along with him.

I did meet a nice guy at a dealership in Roosevelt about 2-3 weeks ago. He works at a dealership there and is big time into the jeep thing - mods, you name it. Had a great chat with him. I remember his name but not sure if you might be the same person?
__________________
2014 JK Billet 6 speed Manual
Rugged Ridge Entry Guard, Rocker Side Panel Kit, Ace Sliders. JCR Vanguard front bumper. Warn VR10000 Winch. Old Man Emu coil springs and shocks. JKS front swaybar quick disconnects. JKS Adjustable track bar.
Jancie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-13-2014, 09:48 PM   #8
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
RedSurveyor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jancie View Post

Are you in Vernal? Roosevelt? I get over that way about once every 3 months but not in my jeep. My husband has business over there so I usually ride along with him.

I did meet a nice guy at a dealership in Roosevelt about 2-3 weeks ago. He works at a dealership there and is big time into the jeep thing - mods, you name it. Had a great chat with him. I remember his name but not sure if you might be the same person?
I'm actually in Duchesne. You are talking about Rory. He's a stud. Just bought a2014 jkur from him. I've delt with L&Lfor years.
__________________
RedSurveyor is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-14-2014, 12:19 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
Jancie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSurveyor View Post
I'm actually in Duchesne. You are talking about Rory. He's a stud. Just bought a2014 jkur from him. I've delt with L&Lfor years.

Yep, that is his name!! I didn't want to make the assumption that ya'll were one and the same. Ask him about the blondie that came in 3 weeks ago that was looking to see if there was an after-market 4x4 store in the area - he will remember me I am sure
__________________
2014 JK Billet 6 speed Manual
Rugged Ridge Entry Guard, Rocker Side Panel Kit, Ace Sliders. JCR Vanguard front bumper. Warn VR10000 Winch. Old Man Emu coil springs and shocks. JKS front swaybar quick disconnects. JKS Adjustable track bar.
Jancie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-14-2014, 12:20 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
Jancie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 566
Red - did you buy the blue one that was on the showroom floor?
__________________
2014 JK Billet 6 speed Manual
Rugged Ridge Entry Guard, Rocker Side Panel Kit, Ace Sliders. JCR Vanguard front bumper. Warn VR10000 Winch. Old Man Emu coil springs and shocks. JKS front swaybar quick disconnects. JKS Adjustable track bar.
Jancie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-14-2014, 06:24 AM   #11
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
RedSurveyor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jancie View Post
Red - did you buy the blue one that was on the showroom floor?
Rofl. I came so close. That polar edition is so pretty. My wife even wanted it! As we started to do the paper work on it, I had a change of emotion and because I was replacing my truck with a jeep I decided to go with the Rubicon. Lower gears for pulling a small trailer. And maybe lockers??? And afew other things.

__________________
RedSurveyor is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC