Go topless jeep Day New Orleans - Saturday May 19th - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Louisiana Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Nicoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Metairie
Posts: 241
Images: 6
Go topless jeep Day New Orleans - Saturday May 19th

Hey New Orleans area Jeep freeks! It's that time of year again, although many of us have no doubt been rollin around without tops already, National Go Topless Jeep Day is Saturday May 19th.

Event details: We're gonna meet up at the Hooter's on Veterans at 2pm for a couple beers and some wings. Take the top off and come on out for a bit.

Cheers!

Nicoya is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Charcoal2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Slidell,La
Posts: 176
I'm definitely down. We gonna hit the spillway first?

__________________
2010 JK Unlimited Sport
2.5" Teraflex Lift kit with shocks
33" BFG Rugged Terrains

Bumpers and Fenders next...
Charcoal2010 is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
Nicoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Metairie
Posts: 241
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charcoal2010
I'm definitely down. We gonna hit the spillway first?
Dame! I'm getting the jeep redy saturday morning for the ride on Sunday, but I be on Hooter!!!
Nicoya is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Charcoal2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Slidell,La
Posts: 176
Cool man. I'll go to Hooters!
__________________
2010 JK Unlimited Sport
2.5" Teraflex Lift kit with shocks
33" BFG Rugged Terrains

Bumpers and Fenders next...
Charcoal2010 is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Charcoal2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Slidell,La
Posts: 176
Rust, u coming to hooters?
__________________
2010 JK Unlimited Sport
2.5" Teraflex Lift kit with shocks
33" BFG Rugged Terrains

Bumpers and Fenders next...
Charcoal2010 is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Nicoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Metairie
Posts: 241
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charcoal2010
Rust, u coming to hooters?
Yes en 15
Nicoya is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Nicoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Metairie
Posts: 241
Images: 6
hooters

Nicoya is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
John E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoya
Nice Pics! The only thing missing is that little black rubi that was parked between the two. Had I read this earlier I would have looked for you guys but I was more concerned with catching the end of the LSU game.
John E is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 51
Damn! Tent sale going on too!! I live about a mile from there. Can't get my top off unless I break out the torch! Been getting boat ready for the kids for tomorrow. Y'all had perfect weather for today. Great pics.
Swamppro is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Charcoal2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Slidell,La
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E View Post
Nice Pics! The only thing missing is that little black rubi that was parked between the two. Had I read this earlier I would have looked for you guys but I was more concerned with catching the end of the LSU game.
So that was you? One of the guys went inside to see if they could figure out who the owner was but we didn't want to make a big deal about it. We were sitting outside right by the parking lot. Oh well, maybe next time.
__________________
2010 JK Unlimited Sport
2.5" Teraflex Lift kit with shocks
33" BFG Rugged Terrains

Bumpers and Fenders next...
Charcoal2010 is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
John E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charcoal2010

So that was you? One of the guys went inside to see if they could figure out who the owner was but we didn't want to make a big deal about it. We were sitting outside right by the parking lot. Oh well, maybe next time.
I will try to meet with y'all next time, Hooters is a nice scenery but you
guys need to come ride with me next weekend, I'll be Jeepin it in Cozumel.
John E is offline   Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:52 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Nicoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Metairie
Posts: 241
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E

I will try to meet with y'all next time, Hooters is a nice scenery but you
guys need to come ride with me next weekend, I'll be Jeepin it in Cozumel.
That is not jeeping, is a tour. Been there en when in the jeep tour two-months ago!
Nicoya is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
wildrumpus jk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: new orleans/houma
Posts: 197
Dang missed it, next time then
wildrumpus jk is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #14
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lake Charles (Moss Bluff), Louisiana
Posts: 4
Moving to NO area (Metairie) sometime in July. Is it safe to ride topless in this area? I currently live in Lake Charles and have never had any problems. I know the basic rules. Don't leave anything out in the open. But I am not very familiar with this area and would rather not have someone bust the lock on my center console. Any advice?
LASpell is offline   Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Covington, LA
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASpell View Post
Moving to NO area (Metairie) sometime in July. Is it safe to ride topless in this area? I currently live in Lake Charles and have never had any problems. I know the basic rules. Don't leave anything out in the open. But I am not very familiar with this area and would rather not have someone bust the lock on my center console. Any advice?
The New Orleans metro area is no different than any other big city in America, except maybe more friendlier. Common sense is your best friend, don't leave things out in the open, if you have a soft top leave the doors unlocked, if you go into the city pay the extra money for a parking garage instead of parking along the street.
licensedtwochill is offline   Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #16
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lake Charles (Moss Bluff), Louisiana
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by licensedtwochill View Post
The New Orleans metro area is no different than any other big city in America, except maybe more friendlier. Common sense is your best friend, don't leave things out in the open, if you have a soft top leave the doors unlocked, if you go into the city pay the extra money for a parking garage instead of parking along the street.
Thanks for the advice. That's kind of what I figured. I'm just not extremely familiar with the area. It's good to hear that I won't have to keep the top on for the next couple years.

LASpell is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC