Spillway - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Louisiana Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 51
Spillway

Anyone up for a muddy ride today?

Swamppro is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Frshmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 346
In case you aren't aware, riding in the spillway is illegal. Doing so anyway gives our sport a "black eye" so you probably won't get many responses from responsible off-roaders. Instead, try to hook up with the other locals and join the organized trail rides to get it out of your system... and the trail rides are 100x more fun than slinging mud in the spillway and won't put you at risk of fines and vehicular impounds.

Not trying to fuss at you, just hoping a friendly poke in the right direction can help you out a bit.

__________________
Mine: 2012 JKU Sport, Deep Cherry, Auto, 3.73s, Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex, chitty Procomp shocks, JKS Discos, Rubi rails, A.C.E. sliders, EVO ProTek Skids, EVO Rockstars, JCR Dagger with lights and tire carrier, PSC Brawler Lite with custom stinger and grill hoop, ENGO 10k with synthetic, 35x12.50-15 BFG KM2s, MOPAR flat flares.
Wife's: 2004 TJ Sport, 4.0/Auto, 2" BB, stock JKU shocks, JKS front LCAs, 31x10.50-15 BFG ATs.
Frshmt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Nicoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Metairie
Posts: 238
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamppro
Anyone up for a muddy ride today?
Hey buddy wanted to invite you and family personally to the 4x fest in Hammond thes Saturday
Nicoya is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoya

Hey buddy wanted to invite you and family personally to the 4x fest in Hammond thes Saturday
When you headed over that way?
Swamppro is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Nicoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Metairie
Posts: 238
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamppro

When you headed over that way?
10:00 or 11:00 am
Nicoya is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Frshmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 346
It's 10:00a - 4:00p... we'll be out there all day. Come on the early end of it if you want to pretend you're going to beat the heat, but bottom line is, the temperature is gonna suck sweaty balls. They'll have $5 cups you can buy with unlimited refills, though, so don't worry about being thirsty!
__________________
Mine: 2012 JKU Sport, Deep Cherry, Auto, 3.73s, Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex, chitty Procomp shocks, JKS Discos, Rubi rails, A.C.E. sliders, EVO ProTek Skids, EVO Rockstars, JCR Dagger with lights and tire carrier, PSC Brawler Lite with custom stinger and grill hoop, ENGO 10k with synthetic, 35x12.50-15 BFG KM2s, MOPAR flat flares.
Wife's: 2004 TJ Sport, 4.0/Auto, 2" BB, stock JKU shocks, JKS front LCAs, 31x10.50-15 BFG ATs.
Frshmt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Red Headed Coonazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Orleans,La. Proud to swim home!
Posts: 188
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frshmt View Post
In case you aren't aware, riding in the spillway is illegal. Doing so anyway gives our sport a "black eye" so you probably won't get many responses from responsible off-roaders. Instead, try to hook up with the other locals and join the organized trail rides to get it out of your system... and the trail rides are 100x more fun than slinging mud in the spillway and won't put you at risk of fines and vehicular impounds.

Not trying to fuss at you, just hoping a friendly poke in the right direction can help you out a bit.

Ok. Not trying to argue here but, exactly what is illegal in the spillway. I have been going there for years to work/play with my dogs and there are always people fishing out there on weekends. It seems they have any roads that they don't want you to access closed off. It is really not a good place to off road but it is a great place to bring your dogs to retrive and swim after a good rain when some of the smaller ponds have fresh water in them. Anyway, just wondering. What is legal/illegal?
__________________
If you are not getting old then your ass is dead!
Red Headed Coonazz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Dragonii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Headed Coonazz View Post
Ok. Not trying to argue here but, exactly what is illegal in the spillway. I have been going there for years to work/play with my dogs and there are always people fishing out there on weekends. It seems they have any roads that they don't want you to access closed off. It is really not a good place to off road but it is a great place to bring your dogs to retrive and swim after a good rain when some of the smaller ponds have fresh water in them. Anyway, just wondering. What is legal/illegal?
I was wondering the same thing. The last time I was out there I saw people all over the place, fishing, hanging out and even a few trucks driving around with nothing better to do.
I even drove right past a ranger and he just waved. And I had mud everywhere.
Dragonii is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Red Headed Coonazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Orleans,La. Proud to swim home!
Posts: 188
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonii View Post
I was wondering the same thing. The last time I was out there I saw people all over the place, fishing, hanging out and even a few trucks driving around with nothing better to do.
I even drove right past a ranger and he just waved. And I had mud everywhere.
I don't suppose we'll have an answer to that.
__________________
If you are not getting old then your ass is dead!
Red Headed Coonazz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Southernwrangler4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denham springs and Winnfield la
Posts: 38
Send a message via Yahoo to Southernwrangler4x4
I don't think it's illegal to ride in the spillway bc my uncle lives close to it and he's always riding his 4-wheeler out there
Southernwrangler4x4 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
caprob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Offshore & Covington
Posts: 80
Justa anotha treada lightly kinda guya. LOL Not as bad as some of them who are afraid to drive them off the pavement. Some like this guy are legit in tryithough ng to help.

__________________
Keep Calm Jeep On! Rob
______====
[ [][],[___
l--\|\| --OlllllllO-
())-o-())-o-))
caprob is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC