Lift suggestions from my fellow Arkansans - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Arkansas Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #31
Jeeper
 
Bomber65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bryant, Ar
Posts: 185
Looks good Blu. Now we need to schedule a Superlift trip to test it out.

__________________
2004 Jeep Wrangler X ...4.0 5-spd, 3" Zone lift, 33x12.50R15 BFG KM2, Pro Comp 15x8 Type 7069, JKS Front Adjustable Trackbar, Savvy Aluminum Control Arms, Currie Anti-Rock
Bomber65 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #32
Jeeper
 
chickiebaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 160
Send a message via Yahoo to chickiebaby
Looking good!

chickiebaby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #33
Jeeper
 
bcpaddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LR Arkansas
Posts: 488
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber65 View Post
Looks good Blu. Now we need to schedule a Superlift trip to test it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickiebaby View Post
Looking good!
Thanks guys... It wasn't nearly as hard as I had suspected. Pretty much did by myself Tuesday night and last night... Well my wife and son helped with a couple of things ....

I still need to drop the TC (if thats even necessary??)

And obviously I'm gonna need some bigger tires
__________________
_______
/I ,[_____],
I---I_ -oIIIIIo-
()_) ()_)o-)_)

BC
bcpaddler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #34
Jeeper
 
Bomber65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bryant, Ar
Posts: 185
You will probably need the TC drop. But you could take it on a test drive before and see if you have any driveline vibes.
__________________
2004 Jeep Wrangler X ...4.0 5-spd, 3" Zone lift, 33x12.50R15 BFG KM2, Pro Comp 15x8 Type 7069, JKS Front Adjustable Trackbar, Savvy Aluminum Control Arms, Currie Anti-Rock
Bomber65 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
arcountryboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England, AR
Posts: 849
Looks good, I just ordered a 2.5 lift and 32" super swamper TSL's for mine.
__________________
Arkansas Crawlers
BlueRibbon Coalition


arcountryboy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
Doc3613's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Benton Arkansas
Posts: 149
I'm looking at the RC 3.5 with 33.
Doc3613 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #37
Jeeper
 
bcpaddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LR Arkansas
Posts: 488
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3613 View Post
I'm looking at the RC 3.5 with 33.
I think you'll like it Eric... You should also look at the Zone as well. They're both priced about the same.
__________________
_______
/I ,[_____],
I---I_ -oIIIIIo-
()_) ()_)o-)_)

BC
bcpaddler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
Bomber65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bryant, Ar
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcpaddler View Post
I think you'll like it Eric... You should also look at the Zone as well. They're both priced about the same.
I recommend the Zone lift also. But I'm a little biased.

Blu, you get the TC dropped?
__________________
2004 Jeep Wrangler X ...4.0 5-spd, 3" Zone lift, 33x12.50R15 BFG KM2, Pro Comp 15x8 Type 7069, JKS Front Adjustable Trackbar, Savvy Aluminum Control Arms, Currie Anti-Rock
Bomber65 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #39
Jeeper
 
bcpaddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LR Arkansas
Posts: 488
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber65

I recommend the Zone lift also. But I'm a little biased.

Blu, you get the TC dropped?
Yep, did it this evening... I drove it beforehand, and really didn't feel any vibes... but I put it in any way. I've noticed since its dropped, its harder (for lack of better words) to shift into 2nd, 4th, and reverse... do I need to do something else?
__________________
_______
/I ,[_____],
I---I_ -oIIIIIo-
()_) ()_)o-)_)

BC
bcpaddler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #40
Jeeper
 
Bomber65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bryant, Ar
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcpaddler View Post
Yep, did it this evening... I drove it beforehand, and really didn't feel any vibes... but I put it in any way. I've noticed since its dropped, its harder (for lack of better words) to shift into 2nd, 4th, and reverse... do I need to do something else?
Thats one of the downsides to the TC drop. It drops your gear shift down a little and makes it harder to get in gear. Some even pop out of gear. One thing you can do is remove the console and cut a little out where the shifter drops thru the tub. I left mine alone since its not a big problem and I am also going to do a SYE so I can remove the TC drop.
__________________
2004 Jeep Wrangler X ...4.0 5-spd, 3" Zone lift, 33x12.50R15 BFG KM2, Pro Comp 15x8 Type 7069, JKS Front Adjustable Trackbar, Savvy Aluminum Control Arms, Currie Anti-Rock
Bomber65 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #41
Jeeper
 
bcpaddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LR Arkansas
Posts: 488
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber65

Thats one of the downsides to the TC drop. It drops your gear shift down a little and makes it harder to get in gear. Some even pop out of gear. One thing you can do is remove the console and cut a little out where the shifter drops thru the tub. I left mine alone since its not a big problem and I am also going to do a SYE so I can remove the TC drop.
I'm already pricing sye.. looking at about 500 bones...
__________________
_______
/I ,[_____],
I---I_ -oIIIIIo-
()_) ()_)o-)_)

BC
bcpaddler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #42
Jeeper
 
Bomber65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bryant, Ar
Posts: 185
Email Tom Wood's and you can get a $40 coupon for being a Wrangler Forum member. Another option is Adam's driveshaft. A little cheaper than Tom Wood's. Your also going to need adjustable rear control arms. At least the uppers to dial in your pinion. The madness seems to never end on these upgrades.

tom@tomscds.com
__________________
2004 Jeep Wrangler X ...4.0 5-spd, 3" Zone lift, 33x12.50R15 BFG KM2, Pro Comp 15x8 Type 7069, JKS Front Adjustable Trackbar, Savvy Aluminum Control Arms, Currie Anti-Rock
Bomber65 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #43
Jeeper
 
Doc3613's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Benton Arkansas
Posts: 149
I'll ck out the zone also. Wish my tax money will get here lol
Doc3613 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #44
Jeeper
 
bcpaddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LR Arkansas
Posts: 488
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3613
I'll ck out the zone also. Wish my tax money will get here lol
Lol me too! Think I've got my old flat bottom sold too. Mo' JEEP $$$. These things are more expensive and addicting than crack... LMAO
__________________
_______
/I ,[_____],
I---I_ -oIIIIIo-
()_) ()_)o-)_)

BC
bcpaddler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #45
Jeeper
 
Doc3613's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Benton Arkansas
Posts: 149
Yes they are lmao. I'd like to get new tire/wheels to but $$$$$ ain't that good.
Doc3613 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #46
Jeeper
 
Doc3613's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Benton Arkansas
Posts: 149
Well i ordered my RC 3.25 lift. Hopefully i will have it on before the next meet. Now to find tires/wheels. These 17's are going to be high
Doc3613 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
bcpaddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LR Arkansas
Posts: 488
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3613
Well i ordered my RC 3.25 lift. Hopefully i will have it on before the next meet. Now to find tires/wheels. These 17's are going to be high
Awesome!
__________________
_______
/I ,[_____],
I---I_ -oIIIIIo-
()_) ()_)o-)_)

BC
bcpaddler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #48
Jeeper
 
bcpaddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LR Arkansas
Posts: 488
Images: 2
Hey John / Chickiebaby, did either of you have to get your front end aligned after installing your lift? Mine isn't pulling or anything?? The only think I had to do was adjust my drag link a little as my steering wheel was pointed to about 10 o'clock afterwards....

I don't think it would mess with the camber would it?
__________________
_______
/I ,[_____],
I---I_ -oIIIIIo-
()_) ()_)o-)_)

BC
bcpaddler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #49
Jeeper
 
Bomber65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bryant, Ar
Posts: 185
I had to get an alignment and buy cam bolts. I think those are for the caster adjustment. Wasn't your wheels tilted (toe-in) real bad after the lift? There is way to do your alignment with a tape measure, but I didn't want to try it. Thought it was better to let the pro's handle that part.
__________________
2004 Jeep Wrangler X ...4.0 5-spd, 3" Zone lift, 33x12.50R15 BFG KM2, Pro Comp 15x8 Type 7069, JKS Front Adjustable Trackbar, Savvy Aluminum Control Arms, Currie Anti-Rock
Bomber65 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
chickiebaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 160
Send a message via Yahoo to chickiebaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcpaddler
Hey John / Chickiebaby, did either of you have to get your front end aligned after installing your lift? Mine isn't pulling or anything?? The only think I had to do was adjust my drag link a little as my steering wheel was pointed to about 10 o'clock afterwards....

I don't think it would mess with the camber would it?
yes I had to get it aligned. Drove much better after that and bigger tires.
chickiebaby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #51
Jeeper
 
bcpaddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LR Arkansas
Posts: 488
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber65 View Post
Email Tom Wood's and you can get a $40 coupon for being a Wrangler Forum member. Another option is Adam's driveshaft. A little cheaper than Tom Wood's. Your also going to need adjustable rear control arms. At least the uppers to dial in your pinion. The madness seems to never end on these upgrades.

tom@tomscds.com
Just ordered the SYE kit - $525.00 from Tom Woods. However the $40.00 discount has expired Should be here by next Friday.

Just about to order the UCA's for the rear... looking at another $250.00... I was leaning towards Currie, but I may have to go with RC.... HOLY SHEYAT this is getting expensive but Daddy Like
__________________
_______
/I ,[_____],
I---I_ -oIIIIIo-
()_) ()_)o-)_)

BC
bcpaddler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #52
Jeeper
 
Bomber65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bryant, Ar
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcpaddler View Post
Just ordered the SYE kit - $525.00 from Tom Woods. However the $40.00 discount has expired Should be here by next Friday.

Just about to order the UCA's for the rear... looking at another $250.00... I was leaning towards Currie, but I may have to go with RC.... HOLY SHEYAT this is getting expensive but Daddy Like
It never ends does it? Savvy (currie) was back ordered on the aluminum control arms. Savvy, Currie and Rokman all use Johnny Joints. Its more expensive to go that way but worth it.

A little late now, but Adams driveshaft has SYE and driveshaft for about $400. My $40 coupon for Tom Wood's expires in November 2012.
__________________
2004 Jeep Wrangler X ...4.0 5-spd, 3" Zone lift, 33x12.50R15 BFG KM2, Pro Comp 15x8 Type 7069, JKS Front Adjustable Trackbar, Savvy Aluminum Control Arms, Currie Anti-Rock
Bomber65 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #53
Jeeper
 
bcpaddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LR Arkansas
Posts: 488
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber65

It never ends does it? Savvy (currie) was back ordered on the aluminum control arms. Savvy, Currie and Rokman all use Johnny Joints. Its more expensive to go that way but worth it.

A little late now, but Adams driveshaft has SYE and driveshaft for about $400. My $40 coupon for Tom Wood's expires in November 2012.
Nope, it doesn't.... after this I'm done for a minute or two... my wife is going to kill me LMAO!
__________________
_______
/I ,[_____],
I---I_ -oIIIIIo-
()_) ()_)o-)_)

BC
bcpaddler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #54
Jeeper
 
Doc3613's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Benton Arkansas
Posts: 149
No wife for me but my checking account is smoking lmbo
Doc3613 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #55
Jeeper
 
bcpaddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LR Arkansas
Posts: 488
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3613
No wife for me but my checking account is smoking lmbo
mine, well let's just say its close to burning "rubber" lol
__________________
_______
/I ,[_____],
I---I_ -oIIIIIo-
()_) ()_)o-)_)

BC
bcpaddler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #56
Jeeper
 
Doc3613's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Benton Arkansas
Posts: 149
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-555709136.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	105569

Before
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3425199421.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	105570  
Doc3613 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #57
Jeeper
 
bcpaddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LR Arkansas
Posts: 488
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3613

Before
Looks sweet!

__________________
_______
/I ,[_____],
I---I_ -oIIIIIo-
()_) ()_)o-)_)

BC
bcpaddler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best JK 4" lift for 35" tires - suggestions? ry2dsrt JK General Discussion Forum 11 10-03-2011 08:13 PM
Lift suggestions B-RY YJ General Discussion Forum 7 08-19-2011 08:48 AM
Suggestions on a 2.5" lift ed0985587 YJ Tech Forum 9 08-12-2011 07:01 AM
Anyone Jeep Smart??? tjnut213 TJ General Discussion Forum 11 04-08-2011 12:01 PM
Lift Kit Suggestions.... TheGG54 TJ General Discussion Forum 17 10-11-2009 11:55 PM



» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.



Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC