locals with lift kits - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Georgia Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
MosesTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: jackson, ga
Posts: 1,300
locals with lift kits

I bought my wife a 97' TJ and it came with a 3"BL and 33's. It has worked for now but I am looking to go with a 4" SL and 1.25" BL. I was hoping someone had this setup I could see in person and even compare the height I currently have to that. I'm thinking RCD 4", Daystar BL, Brown Dog MML, extended brake lines all for around $1300. I would like to see pics too.
Thanks,
Kris.

MosesTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
darren636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 241
Idk but i like my 3 inch bl it makes it easy to work on my rig gives you room to get in there

darren636 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-19-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
Z-TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SC/NC
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosesTJ View Post
I bought my wife a 97' TJ and it came with a 3"BL and 33's. It has worked for now but I am looking to go with a 4" SL and 1.25" BL. I was hoping someone had this setup I could see in person and even compare the height I currently have to that. I'm thinking RCD 4", Daystar BL, Brown Dog MML, extended brake lines all for around $1300. I would like to see pics too.
Thanks,
Kris.
Look at the Zone combo lift. I ran it for over a year and it was great. It is only a 3sl with 1.25" bl but comes with the motor mount lift. Under 600$
Z-TJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
MosesTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: jackson, ga
Posts: 1,300
I'm really going for a 5.25" lift overall. Zone has 4"SL, 1.25"BL, and a cheap version of a 1"mml for $679. Guess I could get the lift and get the other parts from savvy or day star.
MosesTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
MosesTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: jackson, ga
Posts: 1,300
there are very few people on the boards in ga. compared to the amount of jeeps I see.
MosesTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #6
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
kappaknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,290
Yes and no. I'm sure many are here, but it's unclear if they all check the local forums. I recently just found this section of the site myself.
__________________
2013 Commando Green JKUR
/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO
-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)
kappaknight is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 102
I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I bought a 04 Rubicon in October that came with a 3" BL and a 2 1/2" or 3 1/2" SL. In my opinion, the 33's that I currently have on the rig look ridiculous with the total amount of lift I have. It appears that I could easily fit 35's under the lift and still have no rub issues.

I'm looking to replace my 3" BL with a 1.25" as well in the next few months....but I first have to buy a jack that lifts high enough to even get the 3" BL pucks off.
vwlos is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 102
This is how mine currently looks with the 3" BL and SL on 33's. I think this amount of lift makes the tires look tiny...just my 2 cents

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4169403963.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	193914
vwlos is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
darren636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 241
Vwlos i took my chain saw and cut some stumps to put my jack on it works great.
darren636 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
darren636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 241
Go big or go Home lol
darren636 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
MosesTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: jackson, ga
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwlos
I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I bought a 04 Rubicon in October that came with a 3" BL and a 2 1/2" or 3 1/2" SL. In my opinion, the 33's that I currently have on the rig look ridiculous with the total amount of lift I have. It appears that I could easily fit 35's under the lift and still have no rub issues.

I'm looking to replace my 3" BL with a 1.25" as well in the next few months....but I first have to buy a jack that lifts high enough to even get the 3" BL pucks off.
I used a standard floor jack with a 2' piece of 6" x 6" post. Oh and removing the old BL is a pain in the a$$, especially if you do not know what was previously done. With the 3" BL the previous owner threw away the stock front rubber core supports so I had to figure the height and cut the ones from the 3" BL.
MosesTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 102
Did you end up installing a mml as well when you replaced the 3"bl? Also, just to clarify how you raised the tub....did you stand the 2' piece of 6"x6" upright on the floor jack or does your floor jack raise up high enough to lay the 6"x6" long was along the bottom of the tub?? I'm really confused on this "probably simple" detail.
vwlos is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
MosesTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: jackson, ga
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwlos
Did you end up installing a mml as well when you replaced the 3"bl? Also, just to clarify how you raised the tub....did you stand the 2' piece of 6"x6" upright on the floor jack or does your floor jack raise up high enough to lay the 6"x6" long was along the bottom of the tub?? I'm really confused on this "probably simple" detail.
I did the brown dog 1" MML. I laid the wood down to even the jacking point.
MosesTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 102
Sorry for asking a question on your old post, but I'll be doing this in the next 2 weeks, and I have 1 quick technical question. When you lowered the first side, was it real difficult to start the bolts back in the holes since it was 3" lower and pitched down at an angle? In my head, it seems like it would be difficult....

vwlos is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC