Remember to tread lightly... - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Georgia Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
kappaknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,320
Remember to tread lightly...

It don't take much to give off-roaders a bad rep.

Forsyth County looks to ban mudding | www.wsbtv.com

__________________
2013 Commando Green JKUR / Jeep Clothing for off-roading...
/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO
-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)
kappaknight is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
AV8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Georgia USA
Posts: 444
Those are some certified idiots right there. Trashing a park like that should result in fines and hopefully they will be held accountable for the full cost of repairs.

__________________
1995 YJ 2.5L 5-speed Rio Grande (with factory puke patterned seats) - RE2.5" lift with 31x10.5 Duratracs - Tom Woods HD SYE and custom shaft - D30 Aussie locker with Posi-Lok cable - Solid Diff covers - Tom Woods CV front driveshaft
AV8R is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
MosesTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: jackson, ga
Posts: 1,315
I agree people doing it on land designed for something else should get fined. The first video looks like a mud park though. I can't imagine people are walking their dogs or jogging out in that mess even before the offroading began.
MosesTJ is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #4
Jeeponator

WF Supporting Member
 
Michigunman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 1,382
These "teens" should have their vehicles sold and given a Prius to drive. Dumb sh*ts.
__________________
Michigunman

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Michigunman is online now   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
kappaknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosesTJ View Post
I agree people doing it on land designed for something else should get fined. The first video looks like a mud park though. I can't imagine people are walking their dogs or jogging out in that mess even before the offroading began.
Yeah, I think they were just trying to get some stock mudding footage from wherever that park is.
__________________
2013 Commando Green JKUR / Jeep Clothing for off-roading...
/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO
-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)
kappaknight is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Trailsnail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cumming, Ga
Posts: 840
One of the first things I mentioned after joining the forum was that I will only wheel in legal areas. That's why we drive over an hour for our fun, because its legal. Not only should these dumb asses be given Prius' to drive and pay restitution, but also do work with the forest service to maintain legal areas like Beasley Knob.
Trailsnail is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Trailsnail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cumming, Ga
Posts: 840
I just looked at Google maps and called a friend that lives near there. That is the park in the video. The muddy area is for future parking. These punks destroyed a lot of the survey work that was done.
Trailsnail is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
The Yetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 70
There's gotta be more to this story cause I wouldn't take my little brother to a dirt hill and tell him we are at the park. That's not a park, police must be bored in Forsyth
The Yetti is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:19 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Philmycrackin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: chicago burbs
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailsnail View Post
One of the first things I mentioned after joining the forum was that I will only wheel in legal areas. That's why we drive over an hour for our fun, because its legal. Not only should these dumb asses be given Prius' to drive and pay restitution, but also do work with the forest service to maintain legal areas like Beasley Knob.

yep x2
__________________
The butcher backed up into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work.
Philmycrackin is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #10
Jeeponator

WF Supporting Member
 
Michigunman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yetti View Post
There's gotta be more to this story cause I wouldn't take my little brother to a dirt hill and tell him we are at the park. That's not a park, police must be bored in Forsyth
Sorry, but that is the wrong attitude. This IS a park, and adjacent area. Its not exactly out in the sticks. There is an area that while not really legal, people have wheeled on in the past without incident. Personally don't condone it but it was not a problem. These youngsters took it to the next level and encroached on actual park area.

This is why when you ask the question "is this a legal spot" and hear "been going here for years" .... stay away.

I live in Cumming and sure I wish there is place I could go hit some trails down the street. There isn't. You have to drive to the legal spots.
__________________
Michigunman

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Michigunman is online now   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
The Yetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigunman

Sorry, but that is the wrong attitude. This IS a park, and adjacent area. Its not exactly out in the sticks. There is an area that while not really legal, people have wheeled on in the past without incident. Personally don't condone it but it was not a problem. These youngsters took it to the next level and encroached on actual park area.

This is why when you ask the question "is this a legal spot" and hear "been going here for years" .... stay away.

I live in Cumming and sure I wish there is place I could go hit some trails down the street. There isn't. You have to drive to the legal spots.
I don't live up there and maybe I came off a little strong I just figured a park would have grass and a slide or something
The Yetti is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Trailsnail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cumming, Ga
Posts: 840
Uhhhhhh, that's called a playground. Modern parks have dog areas, walking trails, etc.
Trailsnail is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
The Yetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailsnail
Uhhhhhh, that's called a playground. Modern parks have dog areas, walking trails, etc.
Didn't see that in the video...
The Yetti is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Ga jeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: North GA
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailsnail
One of the first things I mentioned after joining the forum was that I will only wheel in legal areas. That's why we drive over an hour for our fun, because its legal. Not only should these dumb asses be given Prius' to drive and pay restitution, but also do work with the forest service to maintain legal areas like Beasley Knob.
It does make us all look bad and this is why good riding places get shut down. We have a problem up here "north GA "with people bringing old mattresses,furniture and other junk and dumping it
Ga jeeper is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
Trailsnail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cumming, Ga
Posts: 840
Amen.
Trailsnail is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #16
Jeeponator

WF Supporting Member
 
Michigunman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yetti View Post
I don't live up there and maybe I came off a little strong I just figured a park would have grass and a slide or something
Yeah, can't count on the media for displaying accuracy. Just like they showed a clearly established trail/path/road and called it something the trucks "carved".

Understood you don't know the area. Just given the fact of it's location anyone in the area should know it's likely not OK.

The important point being don't wheel there if you don't know it's a public road/area or have permission from a private land owner.

Oh, not to mention tearing up earth, doing donuts in your truck with people unsafely riding in the open bed and posting it on youtube.
__________________
Michigunman

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Michigunman is online now   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
kappaknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailsnail View Post
I just looked at Google maps and called a friend that lives near there. That is the park in the video. The muddy area is for future parking. These punks destroyed a lot of the survey work that was done.
I stand corrected if that is actually the park. It does just look like a random mud hole that we see at ORV parks.
__________________
2013 Commando Green JKUR / Jeep Clothing for off-roading...
/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO
-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)
kappaknight is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
Mikega8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Douglasville GA
Posts: 79
While I agree that these kids need to have consequences for their actions, I think it is a shame that there are so few places for them to go. As a teenager, we had boocoos of trails around to ride on, mostly old logging roads and power lines. We were respectful of the land though.
Today, all are gated off. I understand why, but we tell kids to get off the X boxes and go outside, then give them nowhere to go. I do not have an answer but I do know that a lot of young'uns need to learn respect of others and their property.
__________________

http://www.bchoffroad.com/

-(ollllllo)-



Mikega8 is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 02:44 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
reed_cochran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 29
The big open place you see in the video with the white pickup is a mudhole up on a hill behind the ACE hardware down the street from Windermere park. The place the cars are in the YouTube video is not the park but however is still private property. I live right down the street from there and I've thought about going but would never take that chance.
reed_cochran is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:44 AM   #20
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 6
Can Ga. Legal parks or whatever you call a Jeep legal parks be easily found on the net. I have a new Wrangler (too nice to trash) and I'm building a 94 with a 5.7 GM to play in the dirt with. Not finished yet but when it's ready, I need somewhere to play!
I live in Marietta. Anything close?
Trout Fisher is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:13 AM   #21
Jeeper
 
Trailsnail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cumming, Ga
Posts: 840
Beasley Knob in Blairsville

Trailsnail is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC