Jacksonville area Jeepers? - Page 9 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Florida Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #241
Jeeper
 
Wisel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bahrain
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite56 View Post
New jeep checking in from the northside of Jacksonville. Look for me around town!
Welcome!!!

Wisel is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:08 AM   #242
Jeeper
 
elite56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 821
On the north side we haven't really had a lot of developments yet so there's still quite a few fun dirt roads that turn into mud after a good rain. They're nothing too extreme but they're a lot of fun to go around on.

elite56 is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #243
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 76
Anyone with an AEV Procal near Jacksonville?
I'd like to turn on my foglights as drl, but don't want to spend $150 for an aev procal just for that.

Is there anyone near Jacksonville that can help me out?

Thanks
1happyathlete is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #244
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
brighton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1happyathlete View Post
Anyone with an AEV Procal near Jacksonville?
I'd like to turn on my foglights as drl, but don't want to spend $150 for an aev procal just for that.

Is there anyone near Jacksonville that can help me out?

Thanks
The ProCal's are tied to the VIN and can't be used on another jeep without returning the first to factory settings.

My ProCal has been well worth the $150 to get rid of the TPMS plus recalibrating the speedo for larger tires. I also run with the turn lamps as DRL.
__________________
'10 JKU Mango Tango 6sp
brighton is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #245
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton View Post
The ProCal's are tied to the VIN and can't be used on another jeep without returning the first to factory settings.
.
Good to know - thanks
1happyathlete is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #246
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
brighton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1happyathlete View Post

Good to know - thanks
Yeah, otherwise they wouldn't sell many, maybe one per Jeep club. I don't know if there is any other alternative if all you need is DRL. Maybe a dealer could do it but I don't know what they would charge.
__________________
'10 JKU Mango Tango 6sp
brighton is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #247
Jeeper
 
elite56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 821
Someone told me of a wheeling place near regency that I'm going to go check out tomorrow. If anyone wants to join shoot me a PM.
elite56 is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #248
Jeeper
 
NorthFljeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Jax
Posts: 24
I had a place that I liked to go across the line in GA. Just under the 95 bridge. Went there this past weekend. Looks like someone got stuck in here the day before and destroyed the beginning of this road. I just didnt realize it before I went in.

NorthFljeep is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #249
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 31
That looks fun!!! Im looking for a buddy to go wheelin in daytona jacksonvill area!!
amg55driver is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #250
Jeeper
 
SickBoys95YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Orange Park,Fl
Posts: 29
Orange Park here......not new to Jeeps, just the community.

Sick
__________________
The "Other" money pit.......'95 YJ. If you can see it, it's been replaced or upgraded.4" lift 1" shackles,2.5L/5spd/4.56's turning 33's. Oh yeah.......16-19 MPG too!!
SickBoys95YJ is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:55 AM   #251
Jeeper
 
HSL 4X4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 228
Just moved back to Jacksonville, looking for a jeep club or just some cool people with nothing going on that want to show me around some places! Also anybody in the area that needs help with add ons and what not hit me up, I can always lend a helping hand.
HSL 4X4 is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #252
Jeeper
 
Daspes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSL 4X4 View Post
Just moved back to Jacksonville, looking for a jeep club or just some cool people with nothing going on that want to show me around some places! Also anybody in the area that needs help with add ons and what not hit me up, I can always lend a helping hand.
There's a couple of clubs in the area. Most of the local Jeepers are going to be down at Vilano Beach today for Southern Sands annual Show and Shine. Come on down and hang.
Daspes is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #253
Jeeper
 
HSL 4X4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daspes View Post

There's a couple of clubs in the area. Most of the local Jeepers are going to be down at Vilano Beach today for Southern Sands annual Show and Shine. Come on down and hang.
Awesome, thanks a lot!
HSL 4X4 is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #254
Jeeper
 
NFGZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 708
Just picked up a stock TJ for my wife. 4.0l automatic with 88k on it. Taking it to a buddy tonight for Mickey Thompson baja ATZ p3's tonight. Wouldn't mind finding some trails to hit around here.
NFGZ is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #255
Jeeper
 
numbah1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 618
Lived and was stationed in Jacksonville for many years. Loving Alabama now.
numbah1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #256
Jeeper
 
NFGZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah1 View Post
Lived and was stationed in Jacksonville for many years. Loving Alabama now.
Navy? Lots of navy here with the bases
NFGZ is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #257
Jeeper
 
NFGZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 708
Anyone know if the trails near the town center are legal? I was told there are no "posted" signs around so it was okay to drive back there. Just curious before I waste 45 minutes of drive time to get out there only to find no tresspassing signs and have to turn around
NFGZ is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:31 AM   #258
Jeeper
 
numbah1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFGZ View Post

Navy? Lots of navy here with the bases
Army, actually.
numbah1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #259
Jeeper
 
NFGZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFGZ View Post
Anyone know if the trails near the town center are legal? I was told there are no "posted" signs around so it was okay to drive back there. Just curious before I waste 45 minutes of drive time to get out there only to find no tresspassing signs and have to turn around
To answer my own question, it is not posted HOWEVER we didnt go as a friend informed us some cops told them that they were not to be back there. Glad I didnt spend the 45 minutes driving there LOL
NFGZ is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #260
Jeeper
 
elite56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFGZ View Post
To answer my own question, it is not posted HOWEVER we didnt go as a friend informed us some cops told them that they were not to be back there. Glad I didnt spend the 45 minutes driving there LOL
Yep don't go there. The cops will arrest anyone they find on site there. I've heard they're being lenient right now because they just started getting strict about that spot but I wouldn't expect that in the future.
elite56 is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:29 AM   #261
Jeeper
 
NorthFljeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Jax
Posts: 24
Are you talking about the place behind publix?
NorthFljeep is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:50 AM   #262
Jeeper
 
NFGZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthFljeep View Post
Are you talking about the place behind publix?
Correct, in the town center
NFGZ is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:55 AM   #263
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
brighton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 988
Unfortunately, there's virtually nowhere to wheel in the Jacksonville area that's "legal", whether it's posted or not. Either you have the permission of the landowner, or you risk a ticket. That means traveling to places like Osceola or Ocala Nat'l. Forest for some trail-riding, Hardrock in Ocala, or even longer distances to Georgia, Alabama, and S. Carolina to get to the good stuff. Sad, but that's just the way it is around here.
__________________
'10 JKU Mango Tango 6sp
brighton is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #264
Jeeper
 
NFGZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton View Post
Unfortunately, there's virtually nowhere to wheel in the Jacksonville area that's "legal", whether it's posted or not. Either you have the permission of the landowner, or you risk a ticket. That means traveling to places like Osceola or Ocala Nat'l. Forest for some trail-riding, Hardrock in Ocala, or even longer distances to Georgia, Alabama, and S. Carolina to get to the good stuff. Sad, but that's just the way it is around here.
Thats what I'm slowly learning. I wouldnt mind taking a trip to Georgia if anyone knows of any good spots. My tent could use a few nights out too.
NFGZ is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:00 PM   #265
Jeeper
 
NorthFljeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Jax
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFGZ View Post
Correct, in the town center
Ahh okay well if I "ever" went there I think this is what I think it would look like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-425957743.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	669249

Of course hypothetically speaking.
NorthFljeep is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:16 AM   #266
Jeeper
 
NFGZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthFljeep View Post
Ahh okay well if I "ever" went there I think this is what I think it would look like.

Attachment 669249

Of course hypothetically speaking.
haha looks like a lot of fun, might be a little too much for my stock height jeep on 31's though.

We're trying to plan a little outting Friday night. My little sister is in town and wants to do some 4 wheeling, so we're going to see if a buddy who owns a little bit of land in St. Augustine wont let us wheel gently on it. He uses it to hunt so we'll see.
NFGZ is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:09 AM   #267
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 11
Is there a classified section on the forum? I'm selling my very nice '01 Sahara.
Thanks.
Jeff
Darnpilot is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:07 AM   #268
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
brighton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnpilot View Post
Is there a classified section on the forum? I'm selling my very nice '01 Sahara.
Thanks.
Jeff
Jeeps For Sale - Jeep Wrangler Forum

I'd also suggest contacting the local jeep clubs: Matanzas, Just Jeeps, Southern Sands, etc.
__________________
'10 JKU Mango Tango 6sp
brighton is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:31 AM   #269
Jeeper
 
NFGZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnpilot View Post
Is there a classified section on the forum? I'm selling my very nice '01 Sahara.
Thanks.
Jeff
Any fun parts on it you'd wanna sell? Looking for some off road lights, possible lift, possibly new wheel / tire set up. If so, willing to also give my stock parts (for some money off) to replace whatever you sell
NFGZ is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #270
Jeeper
 
NFGZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 708
Anyone know where Flagler Estates is and wouldnt mind sharing? Seems like thats a pretty good spot everyone around here talks about. Im not involved in any clubs or anything to have the opportunity to ride along with anyone.

NFGZ is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC