Jeep Jamobree FL - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Florida Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
WWCW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Spring Hill
Posts: 66
Jeep Jamobree FL

I am trying to find info to get Jeep Jamboree in FL. I contacted them. They would love to do it but they usually require about 900 acres min. for trails. Is there anything like that in FL? with challenges for all types? Not sure if OCALA is big enough to handle that. What about Big Cypress?

WWCW is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Canesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southwest coast of Florida
Posts: 262
Lazy Springs? I have no idea how large it is.

__________________
I modify my Jeep with one basic rule in mind - that it suit my needs.
Canesfan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
digitalbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Posts: 251
L-Cross claims 1200 acres but, it is mostly just mud.

L-Cross Extreme MX Park - Home

Hard Rock is only 100 acres with three tracks and the 4X4 is whatever is left.
Maybe Ocala National Forest?
digitalbill is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-07-2014, 12:01 PM   #4
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
bills1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Delray Beach, FL
Posts: 286
The Ocala National Forest is located north of Orlando between the Ocklawaha and St. Johns Rivers. Encompassing approximately 383,000 acres

I think you're good

Seriously, I know there's over 80 miles of Jeep trails as well.

I would 100% be in if they came here.
bills1974 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-07-2014, 12:20 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
WWCW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Spring Hill
Posts: 66
ocala has more than 80 miles of jeep trails? are they challenging? like Hardrock? They told me they will look into it but the more info I can present them along with % of interested. I think JJ's are good group & if it gets established they do it every year, like MOAB etc.
WWCW is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #6
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
bills1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Delray Beach, FL
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWCW View Post
ocala has more than 80 miles of jeep trails? are they challenging? like Hardrock? They told me they will look into it but the more info I can present them along with % of interested. I think JJ's are good group & if it gets established they do it every year, like MOAB etc.
According to this, there's 81 miles of Jeep trails.

Ocala National Forest - OHV Riding & Camping

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make it up there yet, but I've been watching a ton of videos. Looks like a mix, from wide open sand trails to mud.
bills1974 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2014, 06:36 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
Skennedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ocala FL
Posts: 49
The ocala forest and surrounding area is more than big enough to handle it.
I'm going to the TN Jeep jamboree in April...can't wait.
Skennedy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2014, 09:02 AM   #8
my jeep needs a lot...

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
tabber02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: left coast, florida
Posts: 9,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWCW View Post
ocala has more than 80 miles of jeep trails? are they challenging? like Hardrock? They told me they will look into it but the more info I can present them along with % of interested. I think JJ's are good group & if it gets established they do it every year, like MOAB etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bills1974 View Post
According to this, there's 81 miles of Jeep trails.

Ocala National Forest - OHV Riding & Camping

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make it up there yet, but I've been watching a ton of videos. Looks like a mix, from wide open sand trails to mud.
yes ocala has over 81 miles of trails. most of it is fire road, no - there might be a few areas with some interesting stuff - but it's mostly just trail riding around lakes and the bomb range. that's not to say that isn't fun though. i'm planning to head back up there one of these weekends to camp and do it all over again. it's a good time. prerunning and exploring... but again, there isn't anything out there that resembles the HardRock ORV.

BUT... the hardrock isn't far away, and theres another park in Gainesville. and there's the jeeptoberfest obstacle course, all of those things, that might appeal to them. plus there's several things in the area....
__________________

-bob

2010 JK - Mountain Edition
i spend way too much money on it... that's all


Become a Supporting Member of the Wrangler Forum, upgrade your account today



tabber02 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-15-2014, 06:34 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
Skennedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ocala FL
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabber02 View Post
yes ocala has over 81 miles of trails. most of it is fire road, no - there might be a few areas with some interesting stuff - but it's mostly just trail riding around lakes and the bomb range. that's not to say that isn't fun though. i'm planning to head back up there one of these weekends to camp and do it all over again. it's a good time. prerunning and exploring... but again, there isn't anything out there that resembles the HardRock ORV.

BUT... the hardrock isn't far away, and theres another park in Gainesville. and there's the jeeptoberfest obstacle course, all of those things, that might appeal to them. plus there's several things in the area....
We were out in the forest last weekend cruising around....cool place to ride,some trials get a little skinny in some places and there can be a lot of water at times.
Skennedy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-18-2014, 11:44 AM   #10
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
brighton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 805
Osceola Nat'l. Forest is also easily that big. However, it's all sandy trails, water crossings, and some mud holes.

While it's a fun way to spend a Saturday going trail riding, or to go camping at Ocean Pond campground, it's really not Jeep Jamboree worthy.
__________________
'10 JKU Mango Tango 6sp
brighton is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #11
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
brighton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 805
Out of curiosity and because I was bored at work, I decided to look up the size of Osceola National Forest. Interesting facts from this site:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5372426.pdf

The 3 National Forests in Florida:

Appalachicola - 567,742 acres (32,726 wilderness acres)
Ocala - 383,689 acres (13,871 wilderness acres)
Osceola - 229,186 acres (28,736 wilderness acres)

Mixed Use Roads
Appalachicola - 52 mi.
Ocala - 107 mi.
Osceola - 377 mi.

Motorized OHV Trails
Appalachicola - 34 mi.
Ocala - 138 mi.
Osceola - 0 mi.

I assume all the trails we ride on at Osceola are considered Mixed Use Roads (road being used loosely since 4x4 is required on all but a few paved or gravel roads), while Motorized OHV trails are exclusively for ATVs and similar off-highway vehicles.
__________________
'10 JKU Mango Tango 6sp
brighton is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-18-2014, 01:48 PM   #12
my jeep needs a lot...

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
tabber02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: left coast, florida
Posts: 9,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton View Post
Out of curiosity and because I was bored at work, I decided to look up the size of Osceola National Forest. Interesting facts from this site:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5372426.pdf

The 3 National Forests in Florida:

Appalachicola - 567,742 acres (32,726 wilderness acres)
Ocala - 383,689 acres (13,871 wilderness acres)
Osceola - 229,186 acres (28,736 wilderness acres)

Mixed Use Roads
Appalachicola - 52 mi.
Ocala - 107 mi.
Osceola - 377 mi.

Motorized OHV Trails
Appalachicola - 34 mi.
Ocala - 138 mi.
Osceola - 0 mi.

I assume all the trails we ride on at Osceola are considered Mixed Use Roads (road being used loosely since 4x4 is required on all but a few paved or gravel roads), while Motorized OHV trails are exclusively for ATVs and similar off-highway vehicles.
pretty sure with a licensed vehicle, our jeeps are (unless its a trailer princess), are permitted to wheel the motorized OHV trails unless it's marked solely for ATV/UTV and Motorcycles. some of them are...
__________________

-bob

2010 JK - Mountain Edition
i spend way too much money on it... that's all


Become a Supporting Member of the Wrangler Forum, upgrade your account today



tabber02 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-18-2014, 02:16 PM   #13
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
brighton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabber02 View Post
pretty sure with a licensed vehicle, our jeeps are (unless its a trailer princess), are permitted to wheel the motorized OHV trails unless it's marked solely for ATV/UTV and Motorcycles. some of them are...
I wonder if the info above for Motorized OHV Trails are those marked solely for unlicensed ATVs and dirt bikes. I don't remember seeing trails like that at Osceola, but there are trails with signs that have symbols for jeeps, ATVs and motorcycles, similar to this:




In any case, there are many miles of trails that are accessible only by 4x4, and after heavy rains, become impassable even by most 4x4 vehicles. When the water subsides, it can leave a lot of rutted trails with some off-camber sections. However, I think for a Jeep Jamboree, they would really want areas with a lot more hills and challenging terrain. Also, I don't think they typically use private ORV parks, although I could be wrong.
__________________
'10 JKU Mango Tango 6sp
brighton is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-18-2014, 04:18 PM   #14
my jeep needs a lot...

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
tabber02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: left coast, florida
Posts: 9,666
yup, those signs are all over Ocala.

__________________

-bob

2010 JK - Mountain Edition
i spend way too much money on it... that's all


Become a Supporting Member of the Wrangler Forum, upgrade your account today



tabber02 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC