My Jeep seriously vandalized in Florida - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Florida Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
Legomyjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Paulding County
Posts: 174
My Jeep seriously vandalized in Florida

I'm from GA....came to Panama City Beach for a family vacation. My Jeep is red, a JKU, built, with a uga tag holder. Apparently someone felt the need to slash my tires including the fifth. Guage the side so bad, metal shavings spiral out. Stab the side. I'm a mom, kids...little kids....and I love my Jeep. I'm so angry, so hurt...so upset. Is this common here in Florida? Does this happen just bc I'm a UGA fan? Again, I have kids...had I not noticed...we all could be dead right now!

If anyone knows anything (which I doubt) please contact me or the police.

Legomyjeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
n00g7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern VT // Western Wisconsin
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legomyjeep View Post
I'm from GA....came to Panama City Beach for a family vacation. My Jeep is red, a JKU, built, with a uga tag holder. Apparently someone felt the need to slash my tires including the fifth. Guage the side so bad, metal shavings spiral out. Stab the side. I'm a mom, kids...little kids....and I love my Jeep. I'm so angry, so hurt...so upset. Is this common here in Florida? Does this happen just bc I'm a UGA fan? Again, I have kids...had I not noticed...we all could be dead right now!

If anyone knows anything (which I doubt) please contact me or the police.
Insurance should replace for your deductible, at least. Probably just random.

__________________
That moment when you look at a really nice JK and think to yourself, "Well I SUPPOSE I could see myself trading in my TJ for one of those, but for those ugly ass door handles."
n00g7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Panama City, FL
Posts: 64
Thats absolutely terrible. I got stationed down herein Panama City August of 2011 and Ive never had my vehicle vandalized. Granted i didnt have a Jeep though. I wouldnt think its because of you being a UGA fan as there are plenty of their fans in the area around here. Sorry to hear about the damage :/. Makes me worried about getting my 2013 next week...
riptide09 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
damndirtydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Eden Utah
Posts: 1,638
UGA fans are typically pretty rude, and I have seen that for myself on a few occasions. So I would guess it may be some payback and unfortunatly your JKU took the brunt of someones hostility towards Bulldogs.
Our Wranglers are already vulnerable with soft tops and exterior excessories that it's best thing is to leave the sports adornments off the vehicle, more so with college sport teams.
Bulldog, Gator, Seminole there's no reason for the BS that happened to your jeep. There's knuckleheads in every city looking for any reason to act stupid.
Sorry to hear about the vandalism.
damndirtydog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Legomyjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Paulding County
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by damndirtydog View Post
UGA fans are typically pretty rude, and I have seen that for myself on a few occasions. So I would guess it may be some payback and unfortunatly your JKU took the brunt of someones hostility towards Bulldogs.
Our Wranglers are already vulnerable with soft tops and exterior excessories that it's best thing is to leave the sports adornments off the vehicle, more so with college sport teams.
Bulldog, Gator, Seminole there's no reason for the BS that happened to your jeep. There's knuckleheads in every city looking for any reason to act stupid.
Sorry to hear about the vandalism.
Every team has rude fans. But that is no reason to take a knife and destroy my Jeep. At no time am I rude to anyone about their team. The thing I've found is that most UGA fans are good southerners...hospitality included. Bama fans...I've experienced jerks...but the same goes fir them, good ole southernd bred with hospitality. I have yet to meet a nice Gators fan...but I live in ga, so it only makes sense that I haven't. I used to live close to Tallahassee, Noles fans are just like UGA and Bama...good southern folk with a few rotten apples. Frankly I forgot my tag had a UGA holder.

But nonetheless, destroying my Jeep, intentionally taking a knife and stabbing my rear tires and my fifth, stabbing the driver door and running the blade down the side with intense pressure was not called for. I rarely trash talk and will only do it with the people close to me jokingly without hurting anyone and i always end all talk with compliments, acknowledging what strengths their team posesses. I don't get in fights, I don't attack anyone. I believe in respecting anyone I come in contact with. Retaliation toward me specifically is impossible. Retaliation in general just bc of a license plate holder is disgusting. I can't even get home. I have children...please don't use this as a bash a football team moment. I can only take so much "attacks" Between being angry and upset, I'm in tears. I just don't understand why someone would do this...fine scratch the paint, but messing with the safety of a vehicle...it can result in vehicular homicide. Go "whatever" team is not worth that.
Legomyjeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Panama City, FL
Posts: 64
Doubtful your tire being slashed would result in vehicular homicide. 9.5/10 if the person didnt notice as they walked up they surely would upon moving their car the first couple feet. Also the TPMS would be a dead giveaway too.

Now cutting your break lines or loosening your lugnuts....thats a different story. Either way its unfortunate that it happened however insurance should cover all of it. I know they covered mine when my GTI got keyed.
riptide09 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Legomyjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Paulding County
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by riptide09 View Post
Doubtful your tire being slashed would result in vehicular homicide. 9.5/10 if the person didnt notice as they walked up they surely would upon moving their car the first couple feet. Also the TPMS would be a dead giveaway too.

Now cutting your break lines or loosening your lugnuts....thats a different story. Either way its unfortunate that it happened however insurance should cover all of it. I know they covered mine when my GTI got keyed.
End result, my departure tomorrow cannot happen. I needed to be home tomorrow. My tires are special ordered, no one has them in stock. I'm forced to buy 4 other tires just to get home safely with small children. I'm forced to pay to stay longer and no I'm not enjoying this at all. Saying insurance will cover it doesn't make things okay...ever. nor will insurance cover the additional circumstances this has left me and my children in. I don't have that kinda of money flowing outta my pockets. ..I drive a jeep, she takes all my $$, that and i have a daughter (only humor I can muster up right now) I did nothing to deserve it. But hey, lets nit pick my words and forget the actual circumstances. Ugh...nevermind!
Legomyjeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Panama City, FL
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legomyjeep View Post
End result, my departure tomorrow cannot happen. I needed to be home tomorrow. My tires are special ordered, no one has them in stock. I'm forced to buy 4 other tires just to get home safely with small children. I'm forced to pay to stay longer and no I'm not enjoying this at all. Saying insurance will cover it doesn't make things okay...ever. nor will insurance cover the additional circumstances this has left me and my children in. I don't have that kinda of money flowing outta my pockets. ..I drive a jeep, she takes all my $$, that and i have a daughter (only humor I can muster up right now) I did nothing to deserve it. But hey, lets nit pick my words and forget the actual circumstances. Ugh...nevermind!

My apologies, my intent wasnt to nitpick your words. I was just trying to take away that feeling that your family was in danger. It definitely sucks to be out of pocket all the money, I would be hardpressed to believe 80% of this forum has enough money at the drop of a hat to replace 5 tires and fix gouges in their cars body. On a positive note, your family is ok, and youre ok! I hope your next visit to Panama City is a better one :/
riptide09 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
viperx6x9x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norfolk Va.
Posts: 1,073
Sorry to hear about your vehicle. But don't forget to file the police report anyway. It is highly unlikely the perps will ever get caught. But at least it will be on file, and you will have something in writing in case your job tries to give you any crap about getting back to work on time.

And don't read too much into the sports team thing. I'm an aggie, and we have a fierce rivalry with UT, even with the SEC move. Nobody ever goes around slashing tires and being malicious because of it. We may kidnap (dognap?, cownap?) each others mascots from time to time though, but we always give em back. As crappy as this is, it was probably a random act.

I hope you have a safe trip home at least.
__________________
War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left.
viperx6x9x is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Panama City, FL
Posts: 64
Try these two places, they may have them in Panama City

Parkway Tire: (850) 785-6300
Baytown Tire (850) 873-8900
riptide09 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Nopoatc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Port Charlotte, FL
Posts: 15
Sorry to hear that your trip with the family was ruined. Once you get home and reflect back, I hope you realize it was just one of those things that should happen but did.
I went to GA to get away from a hurricane once with my wife and young children and was almost robbed in the hotel parking lot while my children were with me. I assume that incident does not mean that it is a common thing in GA and that all people from GA are criminals.
Bad things happen everyday to good people in all parts of this country everyday.
Have a safe trip home.
Nopoatc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Legomyjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Paulding County
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by riptide09 View Post

My apologies, my intent wasnt to nitpick your words. I was just trying to take away that feeling that your family was in danger. It definitely sucks to be out of pocket all the money, I would be hardpressed to believe 80% of this forum has enough money at the drop of a hat to replace 5 tires and fix gouges in their cars body. On a positive note, your family is ok, and youre ok! I hope your next visit to Panama City is a better one :/
I gotcha, I'm super sensitive right now bc I'm upset in so many directions...family, financial, getting home, pets at home (love my lab like I love my Jeep, lol), ruined trip, disappoitment in the actions of people, and my Jeep is my baby. (Just got her back Fri from getting rear axle replaced from trail/mud run). Yes, my family is safe, I never felt we were endanger of something happening to us, damaging a Jeep is a slight indicator that the coward wouldn't approach a person, just an object that can't fight back. I am well trained to fight back, should I need to. And have others with me with even more training.

She's a Jeep, she's sacred...clearly they have no class or respect.
Legomyjeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Legomyjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Paulding County
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopoatc View Post
Sorry to hear that your trip with the family was ruined. Once you get home and reflect back, I hope you realize it was just one of those things that should happen but did.
I went to GA to get away from a hurricane once with my wife and young children and was almost robbed in the hotel parking lot while my children were with me. I assume that incident does not mean that it is a common thing in GA and that all people from GA are criminals.
Bad things happen everyday to good people in all parts of this country everyday.
Have a safe trip home.
There r bad apples everywhere. But I'm sure u can imagine just how upset and angry I was to walk out to my Jeep to find intentional vandalism...a parking lot full of cars, predominantly Alabama plates, a few georgia plates and one Tenn plate (yes I scoped em out, lol) 4 other Jeeps...and mine was the only one hit. I usually move from anger pretty quick....now just super sad.
Legomyjeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
viperx6x9x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norfolk Va.
Posts: 1,073
Yeah it sucks, some people are just a$$holes that have no respect for other peoples hard earned property. I would be just as pissed if it happened to my jeep, or any other vehicle i ever owned for that matter. But there isn't anything you can do about it really, and dwelling on it is just going to get you angrier.

Go find yourself some new tunes to listen to on the way back, and try to enjoy the ride. Anything to get your mind in another place will make you feel better, even if it's only slightly.
__________________
War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left.
viperx6x9x is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #15
Moderator

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Sinister6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 4,280
I would talk to your insurance company before buying new tires. Have them rent you a car to drive back... Have the insurance company deal with getting your car back home. I would definitely want somebody to go through the vehicle before I drove it... Especially with an attack that for lack of a better term, was so personal!
That's why we have insurance...so we don't have to sweat the small stuff! Good luck!
__________________
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of sheep.

MY BUILD: :
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f322/si...ad-235526.html
Sinister6 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
Legomyjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Paulding County
Posts: 174
Thanks for the advice anyone has given. After the initial shock I realized that the damage, inconvience and financial burden are indeed upsetting. The fact that it waa done to my Jeep, my Lego, was also upsetting. But what had/has me the most distraught is the act itself. The hate someone had inside them. Had it been keyed...and that's it, I'd chalk it up to. Foolishness. The stabbing of the door and tires...that came from hate. And I think that's the part that has me lost in understanding. I know ill never get the answer as to why, but it still gets to me that we can act this way toward each other.

Ans they didn't damage anything I could mod up....so I can't even justify goin for mods haha...ill get more humorous with it today...maybe even get an extra beach day from it.
Legomyjeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
DFW6ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FloMo
Posts: 847
I'm sorry to read what happened to you. It could very well be a random event. I've been keyed before for no apparent reason.

Interesting story....here north TX, in a very affluent town called Southlake, a person was serially keying Hummers in the HS football stadium parking lot. It happened several times before someone caught him in the act with a hidden cam on their Hummer. Turns out the guy lived in a $350,000+ home in Southlake (probably paid $16,000/year in property taxes) and was having financial problems, so he decided to take out his frustrations on all the little rich kids in town driving Hummers. Why he didn't key the Audis, Bimmers, Porches in the lot is beyond me.
Anyway, sorry this happened. There are some real a$$-clowns out there, but most of humanity's pretty decent. Try and not let this cloud your perception of how the rest of us are.
__________________
2012 Black JKUR...stock for now
DFW6ER is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
Legomyjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Paulding County
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW6ER View Post
I'm sorry to read what happened to you. It could very well be a random event. I've been keyed before for no apparent reason.

Interesting story....here north TX, in a very affluent town called Southlake, a person was serially keying Hummers in the HS football stadium parking lot. It happened several times before someone caught him in the act with a hidden cam on their Hummer. Turns out the guy lived in a $350,000+ home in Southlake (probably paid $16,000/year in property taxes) and was having financial problems, so he decided to take out his frustrations on all the little rich kids in town driving Hummers. Why he didn't key the Audis, Bimmers, Porches in the lot is beyond me.
Anyway, sorry this happened. There are some real a$$-clowns out there, but most of humanity's pretty decent. Try and not let this cloud your perception of how the rest of us are.
Amidst such a dumb act, it never takes me too long to find a silver lining. I can't stand being bummed or worse angry. This one got me for a whole day though. My Jeep is my baby. My dd, my joy ride, my time out, my family fun....I just love having her. But I had people rally around, made all the calls...she's in the shop now and I'm still enjoying an ocean breeze u just can't stay upset at the beach...not even possible. Whether one believes in karma or God...I'm taken care of, my family is good and I'm still and always will be a jeeper and they (whoever they r) will either recieve what they've dealt or feel remorse. I'm a believer in God, so praying for them was my game changer. My baby will get fixed, ill go home in her and save to treat her to another mod...hmmm fenders, front axle or body armor....tranny cooler...regear....oh..idk

Legomyjeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC