YES YOU CAN! Just did it last night! lol
Florida requires this:
Your car must have the following lights:
- Bright (high-beam) headlights which show objects 450 feet ahead.
- Dimmed (low-beam) headlights which show objects 150 feet ahead.
- Two red taillights mounted on the rear, visible from 1,000 feet.
- A white light that makes the license plate visible from 50 feet (The plate must be kept clean).
- Two red stoplights. They must be seen from 300 feet in the daytime, and must come on when the foot brake is pressed.
(source: State of Florida.com - Vehicle Guide
As a side note, this must have been changed recently, you only need 1 rear facing mirror ("Mirrors
: Your car must have at least one rearview mirror which gives a view of the highway at least 200 feet to the rear.", same source).
That means you can remove the doors with NO side mirrors as long as your windshield mirror is intact. I bought my Jeep in Oct of 1994 (1995 model). At that time, FL statute stated 2 rear facing mirrors, guess its 1 now! lol)
Hope this helps!