Will be moving to florida!!!!! - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Florida Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
staud11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: san antonio
Posts: 258
Will be moving to florida!!!!!

Hey guys.. I just committed to Stetson university to play football yesterday!!! I'm pumped and I will be taking my jeep there in August! Just thought if introduce myself to my soon to be jeep bros! How is jeeping , fishing , and hunting there???

staud11 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
kramer2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,966
An early welcome to the Sunshine State.

BUT....you're arriving the worst month of the year IMO. August is so oppressively hot! But it's Florida, so we're still winning.

__________________
kramer2k is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
staud11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: san antonio
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k
An early welcome to the Sunshine State.

BUT....you're arriving the worst month of the year IMO. August is so oppressively hot! But it's Florida, so we're still winning.
I'm from Texas so I should be good with the heat!! I'm excited though! Stetson is only 20 minuets away from Daytona!
staud11 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
crafty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 1,667
Welcome from the other side of the Florida coast
__________________
Female rolling with the 93 YJ SOA Locked and Hard at Play
crafty is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
rabbits eat lettuce

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
tabber02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: left coast, florida
Posts: 9,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by staud11 View Post
I'm from Texas so I should be good with the heat!! I'm excited though! Stetson is only 20 minuets away from Daytona!
oh buddy... it's a different kind of heat. welcome to the dark side! you'll never leave.
__________________

-bob

2010 JK - Mountain Edition
i spend way too much money on it... that's all


Become a Supporting Member of the Wrangler Forum, upgrade your account today



tabber02 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
staud11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: san antonio
Posts: 258
Awesome I'm excited! It's beautiful there! When and where is that huge meeting y'all have every year when jeeps get together?? I saw a YouTube video with thousands of jeeps cruising the beach !
staud11 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Florida
Posts: 28
April 24th-28th.
Jeep beach 2013 in Daytona. I plan on going this year!
DeereHunter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #8
rabbits eat lettuce

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
tabber02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: left coast, florida
Posts: 9,939
yep, jeep beach is the big one... but there's all kinds of stuff through out the year. you'll be in the state for jeeptoberfest. that's a good one too.
__________________

-bob

2010 JK - Mountain Edition
i spend way too much money on it... that's all


Become a Supporting Member of the Wrangler Forum, upgrade your account today



tabber02 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
staud11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: san antonio
Posts: 258
dang ill miss it this year! At least ill only be 20 minuets from Daytona
staud11 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Florida
Posts: 28
What other events are going on? I plan on going to Jeep beach, but other than that i don't see much else in Florida.
DeereHunter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
staud11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: san antonio
Posts: 258
It's official !!!!



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2168523707.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	206545
staud11 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #12
rabbits eat lettuce

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
tabber02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: left coast, florida
Posts: 9,939
well congrats. see you on the flip side of the state. if you're ever over in tampa / st. pete and want to wheel shoot me a PM. i'll show you a couple trails
__________________

-bob

2010 JK - Mountain Edition
i spend way too much money on it... that's all


Become a Supporting Member of the Wrangler Forum, upgrade your account today



tabber02 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
staud11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: san antonio
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabber02
well congrats. see you on the flip side of the state. if you're ever over in tampa / st. pete and want to wheel shoot me a PM. i'll show you a couple trails
Awesome will do! Thank you!
staud11 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
Steeljag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central Fl.
Posts: 459
First off congratulations on attending and playing Football at Stetson University. Did you get a chance to visit the campus?

I'm a local in that area and have followed the University and it's re-build of a football program. They have pumped allot of money into practice fields and a sports field house......looks good!

20 minutes to the beach ? Lol.....20 minutes to the Daytona Speed way, twenty more ( red lights) to the water. From the campus you can jump on SR 44 ( it's called New York av) in Deland, and head straight East to New Smyrna Beach, allot less traffic getting there.

Get on A1A in Daytona and head north toward St. Augustine and your have the ocean at your side almost the entire time.

Jeeping? 30 to 40 minutes west your in the Ocala National Forest.

45 minutes east of the campus your in Orlando.

Walking from the campus is downtown Deland.....maybe kinda quite but they do have sports bars / small restaurants, etc. They also host a Motercycle day where they close off down town except for bikes / they also close it down for Tropical nights street party / Summer nights party / dog parade parties / car shows, etc.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your experience at Stetson. Hit me up with any questions about the area, and I'll do what I can to help!
Steeljag is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
staud11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: san antonio
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeljag
First off congratulations on attending and playing Football at Stetson University. Did you get a chance to visit the campus?

I'm a local in that area and have followed the University and it's re-build of a football program. They have pumped allot of money into practice fields and a sports field house......looks good!

20 minutes to the beach ? Lol.....20 minutes to the Daytona Speed way, twenty more ( red lights) to the water. From the campus you can jump on SR 44 ( it's called New York av) in Deland, and head straight East to New Smyrna Beach, allot less traffic getting there.

Get on A1A in Daytona and head north toward St. Augustine and your have the ocean at your side almost the entire time.

Jeeping? 30 to 40 minutes west your in the Ocala National Forest.

45 minutes east of the campus your in Orlando.

Walking from the campus is downtown Deland.....maybe kinda quite but they do have sports bars / small restaurants, etc. They also host a Motercycle day where they close off down town except for bikes / they also close it down for Tropical nights street party / Summer nights party / dog parade parties / car shows, etc.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your experience at Stetson. Hit me up with any questions about the area, and I'll do what I can to help!
Thank you! I was down at the campus last weekend on my official visit! The campus is beautiful! I also drove to a state park and found a few good looking fishing spots!

I'm pretty pumped to be part of a "new" d1 football program ! I also drove around downtown de land ! It reminds me of a little town you'd see in Texas haha
Any ways if I get a question ill be sure to ask! Thank you

staud11 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC