JL pickup spotted - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JL Jeep Wrangler Forum > JL Wranlger Pics And Vids Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today



Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-20-2016, 09:23 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
yjcolorado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 67
yjcolorado is on a distinguished road
JL pickup spotted

Jeep Wrangler Pickup Spy Shots – Preview Of the Jeep Pickup Truck

Just one shot from an aerial view. The truck looks to have the same front end as the recent JL 2 door and 4 door vehicles seen tested. Here you see the same raised area on the hood up near the windshield. Some reports have described the grille as having more rake than the JK, but I believe it looks to have less rake than the JK. This shot looks consistent with that assumption but maybe this grille is unique to the pickup. The pickup also looks longer than I expected which is a good surprise.
__________________
Current: 2007 JKU 3.8L, 6-Speed Manual, LSD
Sold: 1995 YJ S 2.5 L I4 AX-5
yjcolorado is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:25 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
yjcolorado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 67
yjcolorado is on a distinguished road
Here is the image:


__________________
Current: 2007 JKU 3.8L, 6-Speed Manual, LSD
Sold: 1995 YJ S 2.5 L I4 AX-5
yjcolorado is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:53 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
AleYeah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 688
AleYeah is on a distinguished road
Looks like it has freedom panels... cool. I wonder if there will be soft top options.
__________________
2014 Flame Red JKU Sport S. Manual, premium soft top, 3.73, connectivity, Trac-Lok, BFG T/A KO in 285/70/R17, Argent AEV Savegre rims, Spiderwebshade JK-4D, Gobi Stealth rack, ACE sliders.
AleYeah is offline   Quote
 
Old 07-20-2016, 09:56 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
Comanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: FIMA Camp #243
Posts: 314
Comanche is on a distinguished road
Take my money!!!
__________________
Beer, meat, fire.
Comanche is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:21 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
WaltA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: 3rd Planet, Sol system
Posts: 7,104
WaltA is on a distinguished road
Unless there is a lot of extra padding under all that camo, its going to make one mighty long Wrangler.
__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
[All custom ordered, purchased new]
WaltA is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:26 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
Comanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: FIMA Camp #243
Posts: 314
Comanche is on a distinguished road
__________________
Beer, meat, fire.
Comanche is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:26 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
gotbru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: STL
Posts: 75
gotbru is on a distinguished road
I looks like a modified Ram bed, tail lights and all. I'm sure it is just a mock up. Wheels aren't even centered. I would at least like to see rear fender flares like the current JK.
__________________

2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock - Granite Crystal Metallic * Auto * 4.10s * TeraFlex 2.5 Lift * TeraFlex Sport Arms (Front Lowers) * Fox 2.0 IFP Shocks * 315/70/R17 Cooper STT Pro's on Fuel JM2 Wheels * SuperLift Front/Rear Track Bars * TeraFlex Hinge/Tire Carrier
gotbru is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:36 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
wachuko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 380
wachuko is on a distinguished road
I might have to wait until 2019 to buy my next vehicle... Jeep and truck combined... win-win in my book... but please, make the tow capacity at least 6K...
__________________
Drive safe!
Wachuko

2012 BMW X5 Diesel
2015 FIAT 500 Abarth , 2015 FIAT 500c 1957 Edition
And a few Porsches.Wish list:Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hard Rock in Orange
wachuko is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:51 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
s.conrad32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 86
s.conrad32 is on a distinguished road
If there is a 2 door version sign me up right now.
s.conrad32 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
TheGreatGrapeApe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 776
TheGreatGrapeApe is on a distinguished road
It's definitely an early mock-up and likely more of an aerodynamics/payload/towing test mule rather than a glimpse into the final form, but it's still very nice to see them out in it, just makes their announced shortened "shortly after the JL/JLU" timeline seem very reasonable and highly probable.
__________________
_--- @ ---_
You need a license to buy a gun, but they'll sell Anyone a stamp (or internet account). - Adapted from Red Green
2010 JK-X 6spd RescueGreen -> 2015 JK Sport-S 6spd BAJAYELLOW
2012 JKU-R 5spd DozerYellow -> 2015 JKU Aspen-X 5spd BAJAYELLOW
TheGreatGrapeApe is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:40 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Low Country SC
Posts: 102
ben2112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
I might have to wait until 2019 to buy my next vehicle... Jeep and truck combined... win-win in my book... but please, make the tow capacity at least 6K...
X2 I got excited when I saw the images. If the rumors hold and they do put the 3.0L Turbo Diesel, I can see them getting 6K towing easy with it. Man oh man.. I can't wait.
__________________
My 95 YJ gave birth to a 15 JKU. Well, what do ya know.. I am a daddy..
ben2112 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 02:19 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
wachuko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 380
wachuko is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2112 View Post
X2 I got excited when I saw the images. If the rumors hold and they do put the 3.0L Turbo Diesel, I can see them getting 6K towing easy with it. Man oh man.. I can't wait.
At some point I was about to buy a 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Off-Road 4x4 in Inferno with black/orange interior... then all the issues started being documented in the forum (tranny programming, vibrations, etc), lack of availability of the options I wanted and that was the end of the Tacoma...

Then I almost signed the paper work for a Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JKUHR... but it was red and I wanted Orange... so I walked away from that one... I really came close that day to driving off in it...and still think if I made a mistake not buying it... oh well...

Then I went and placed a deposit on a GMC Canyon Double Cab 4x4 Diesel truck. VW thing happened, everything got delayed for months! I ended up canceling the order after a three months delay from the date it was promised. Wife beat me to the punch and got herself a new car (plan was for me to get the new car and she got the X5)...

So now I patiently wait. No orange Jeeps out this year... thought about waiting for the JL... but if this truck is really coming out, it combines the two vehicles that I like a lot. And if they bring it out with a diesel option, ooohhh my!!!
__________________
Drive safe!
Wachuko

2012 BMW X5 Diesel
2015 FIAT 500 Abarth , 2015 FIAT 500c 1957 Edition
And a few Porsches.Wish list:Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hard Rock in Orange
wachuko is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:11 PM   #13
Newb
 
ExpoSahara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 7
ExpoSahara is on a distinguished road
The only reason why I would sell my TJ !
ExpoSahara is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:58 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 163
Lloydrage is on a distinguished road
Im pretty damn excited to see this thing for real. Im not sure I would swap out my Rebel for this but you never know.

The fact Jeep is going to make a wrangler truck, 4 door, diesel is amazing.
__________________
Current Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit EcoDiesel (Wife's DD)
2016 Ram Rebel 5.7 Hemi (DD)
2017 JKUR Gobi Half Doors w/Auto & 4.10 (Ordered 3/15/17) - Toy
Lloydrage is online now   Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:03 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
terrypm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: MS
Posts: 298
terrypm is on a distinguished road
I saw this yesterday. I know it is a JK but I wonder how close will the JL look like it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4789.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	3165113   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4794.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	224.6 KB
ID:	3165121  

__________________

Previous 2000 Jeep TJ owner, now 2012 Jeep JKU
terrypm is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 03:27 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
RedundanT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Southern IL
Posts: 636
RedundanT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjcolorado View Post
Here is the image:

Way too much speculation on that photo alone. The camo hides so much of the truth. Look at the windshield, doesn't looked any more raked than a JK, and it's been said the glass will be raked more than the current model. The rear axle spacing should be enough to rule this out as the JL. This is just a test exercise and nothing more. We can guess all we want but until they release the final version we are just speculating. We can hope it will come out with the 3.0L diesel, but we also know the history of jeep. They never have put enough motor in any of the Wranglers, won't hold my breath they will this model either.
RedundanT is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:28 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 30
SC_Titan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
At some point I was about to buy a 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Off-Road 4x4 in Inferno with black/orange interior... then all the issues started being documented in the forum (tranny programming, vibrations, etc), lack of availability of the options I wanted and that was the end of the Tacoma...

Then I almost signed the paper work for a Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JKUHR... but it was red and I wanted Orange... so I walked away from that one... I really came close that day to driving off in it...and still think if I made a mistake not buying it... oh well...

Then I went and placed a deposit on a GMC Canyon Double Cab 4x4 Diesel truck. VW thing happened, everything got delayed for months! I ended up canceling the order after a three months delay from the date it was promised. Wife beat me to the punch and got herself a new car (plan was for me to get the new car and she got the X5)...

So now I patiently wait. No orange Jeeps out this year... thought about waiting for the JL... but if this truck is really coming out, it combines the two vehicles that I like a lot. And if they bring it out with a diesel option, ooohhh my!!!
went from 2015 JKUHR to 2016 Taco DCLB

got to say the Taco is a better vehicle even if i miss the doors being off
SC_Titan is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:53 AM   #18
Jeeper
 
wachuko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 380
wachuko is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_Titan View Post
went from 2015 JKUHR to 2016 Taco DCLB

got to say the Taco is a better vehicle even if i miss the doors being off
Here you go:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/forums/3...omas-2016.186/

Too many things going on with the new Tacoma... I hope they address those in the following year... Love the looks of it and was also planning to get one. I had been going back and forth between a Tacoma (not anymore because of so many serious problems reported by first year owners), a JKU HR, or a Canyon Diesel... as much as I want a Jeep, my mind is telling me that the Canyon will give me everything that I need...

But now this new truck from Jeep has me wanting to wait...
__________________
Drive safe!
Wachuko

2012 BMW X5 Diesel
2015 FIAT 500 Abarth , 2015 FIAT 500c 1957 Edition
And a few Porsches.Wish list:Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hard Rock in Orange
wachuko is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:14 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
mrcarcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Midland/Odessa, TX
Posts: 4,471
mrcarcrazy is on a distinguished road
add me to the list of TJ owners waiting for the JL pickup w/ a diesel.
__________________
#2 Jeep (1999)http://www.wranglerforum.com/f322/99...ld-819418.html
99 Sahara, automatic. - for sale.
2017 Rubicon Hardrock.
mrcarcrazy is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 03:10 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
173ABN VN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: rural N.E. Kansas
Posts: 323
173ABN VN is on a distinguished road
So I saw what I'm guessing is the JEEP pickup going down the HWY today.In my rearview mirror thought it was a Rubicon but when it went by it had a bed.Kind of reminded me of the old Scramblers but larger and that Rubicon look...russ
173ABN VN is offline   Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 04:16 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
JeepWranglerN00b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 40
JeepWranglerN00b is on a distinguished road
If it comes with a diesel engine, i'm getting that jl truck in manual. Hands down!
JeepWranglerN00b is offline   Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 04:47 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Low Country SC
Posts: 102
ben2112 is on a distinguished road
I really doubt the diesel will have a manual. If they use the 3.0L like the rumors are saying, it will be the same transmission as the 1500 Ecodiesel..
__________________
My 95 YJ gave birth to a 15 JKU. Well, what do ya know.. I am a daddy..
ben2112 is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 06:39 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
JeepWranglerN00b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 40
JeepWranglerN00b is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2112 View Post
I really doubt the diesel will have a manual. If they use the 3.0L like the rumors are saying, it will be the same transmission as the 1500 Ecodiesel..
Seriously..? Damn. Now I'll have to choose either a diesel OR a manual :/
JeepWranglerN00b is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 06:57 AM   #24
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Low Country SC
Posts: 102
ben2112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWranglerN00b View Post
Seriously..? Damn. Now I'll have to choose either a diesel OR a manual :/
Yep.. I personally want the diesel. So I will give up the manual for the diesel.

But, I am going to wait for the 2nd or 3rd production year before I buy one. I refuse to be the lab rat. Been there, done that before. I am not in any hurry.
__________________
My 95 YJ gave birth to a 15 JKU. Well, what do ya know.. I am a daddy..
ben2112 is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 08:56 AM   #25
Jeeper
 
JeepWranglerN00b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 40
JeepWranglerN00b is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2112 View Post
Yep.. I personally want the diesel. So I will give up the manual for the diesel.

But, I am going to wait for the 2nd or 3rd production year before I buy one. I refuse to be the lab rat. Been there, done that before. I am not in any hurry.
I'm on the border with the "lab rat" year. I want a jeep truck so bad but i dont want to buy the 1st year and it have problems.
JeepWranglerN00b is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 05:37 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
turnbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,056
turnbull is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2112 View Post
I really doubt the diesel will have a manual. If they use the 3.0L like the rumors are saying, it will be the same transmission as the 1500 Ecodiesel..
It's already been confirmed that the JL will use the ZF 8-speed found in many other FCA vehicles, including the RAM 1500. That is not news. However, it has also been confirmed that there will be a new 6-speed manual, and this new manual might be strong enough to handle the torque of the 3.0l EcoDiesel, unlike the current NSG370. We will have to wait and see.
turnbull is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 06:03 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
JeepWranglerN00b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 40
JeepWranglerN00b is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbull View Post
It's already been confirmed that the JL will use the ZF 8-speed found in many other FCA vehicles, including the RAM 1500. That is not news. However, it has also been confirmed that there will be a new 6-speed manual, and this new manual might be strong enough to handle the torque of the 3.0l EcoDiesel, unlike the current NSG370. We will have to wait and see.
I'm praying to every deity that'll listen in hopes that this will come true!
JeepWranglerN00b is offline   Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 05:08 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 1,042
thinkxingu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWranglerN00b View Post
I'm on the border with the "lab rat" year. I want a jeep truck so bad but i dont want to buy the 1st year and it have problems.
I'm not sure it really matters with FCA--my '10, 3 years into the JK, still had the heater core and oil usage problems.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
__________________
"I have a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom."
thinkxingu is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 05:32 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 91
JkRed15 is on a distinguished road
If they can make a manual trans strong enough to handle the diesel i would be buying one as soon as i could.
__________________
Firecracker Red 2dr, 2.5" Duel rate springs, Fox 2.0 shocks, Jks quick discos, Jks front adjustable track bar, 285/75r16 Duratracs on MB11 wheels.
JkRed15 is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:15 AM   #30
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Low Country SC
Posts: 102
ben2112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JkRed15 View Post
If they can make a manual trans strong enough to handle the diesel i would be buying one as soon as i could.
Plop in the G56 from a Ram 2500..

__________________
My 95 YJ gave birth to a 15 JKU. Well, what do ya know.. I am a daddy..
ben2112 is offline   Quote
Reply

« JL Spotted Today | - »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC
Back

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner