Flagpole Knob Trip 4/27/2013 - Page 3 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Virginia Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #61
Jeeper
 
Reaper2332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladi8r View Post

I'm in for exploring...
Sweet, look forward to wheeling with you again troy!

Reaper2332 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #62
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gbobva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 285
I'll be there

Gbobva is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #63
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
danrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 887
Anyone going camping? Bob's cubs scouts have a camping trip that weekend.
__________________
2013 JKUR. Rock Krawler 3.5 X-Factor, Nitto Trail Trappler 35x12.5x17, ACE Rock Sliders, Poison Spyder Brawler MID Front Bumper with Brawler Bar, ENGO E10000S Electric Winch, ACE Engineering JK Pro Series Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, JW Speaker 8700, Dually Fog lights and sPOD
danrb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #64
Jeeper
 
d_rehmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 237
Reaper,

No flagpole? With the sun out much longer, I don't see why we can't do both. That is just my opinion, but you are the leader. With that being said, if we do flagpole and the other trails, I would love to come. But not just the other trails.
__________________
2011 Wrangler JK. Auto.
Teraflex 2.5" Suspension Lift
Firestone Destination 33" A/T's
Uniden 510XL 3' Wilson Flex Antenna
d_rehmann is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #65
Jeeper
 
Reaper2332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 463
I wouldnt mind doing flagpole again, but I cant do both. After we are done exploting some other trails I am taking off, but some of the other guys might want to tag along with ya. I try to be home by 5 to see my daughter before she goes to bed.
Reaper2332 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 04:38 AM   #66
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
danrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 887
Probably going, need to see if all the parts come for my rear diff cover in time.

If the weather permits, who is going doorless/tube doors/half doors? Any topless/bikini/bimini/spiderwebshade vehicles? Wondering what the trip to Harrisonburg would be like with no doors and no top? I'm thinking trail doors and spiderweb shade...
danrb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 04:54 AM   #67
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
danrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_rehmann View Post
Reaper,

No flagpole? With the sun out much longer, I don't see why we can't do both. That is just my opinion, but you are the leader. With that being said, if we do flagpole and the other trails, I would love to come. But not just the other trails.
I'm up for a quick jaunt to Flagpole. That is the main purpose, since the kids haven't been to the top yet.
danrb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 06:30 AM   #68
Jeeper
 
Jack Burton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sterling VA
Posts: 67
I'm excited to see Flag Pole. I've never been and I hear it and Peters Run are the highlights of GWNF.
__________________
...he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
Jack Burton is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #69
Jeeper
 
jwraymond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Broadway, va
Posts: 17
Is there a meeting point in harrisonburg? Cause I live right outside harrisonburg. And is the plan tk drive from switzer all the way over or union springs up to flagpole?
jwraymond is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #70
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gbobva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrb View Post
Probably going, need to see if all the parts come for my rear diff cover in time.

If the weather permits, who is going doorless/tube doors/half doors? Any topless/bikini/bimini/spiderwebshade vehicles? Wondering what the trip to Harrisonburg would be like with no doors and no top? I'm thinking trail doors and spiderweb shade...
weather permitting (even maybe if it doesn't...): tube doors and spiderweb shade is the order of the day. It will most likely be just me tho. The kids dont do well on a long road trip no doors or top.
Gbobva is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #71
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
danrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbobva View Post

weather permitting (even maybe if it doesn't...): tube doors and spiderweb shade is the order of the day. It will most likely be just me tho. The kids dont do well on a long road trip no doors or top.
That's my concern about trail doors. Maybe just the shade then for me :-(
__________________
2013 JKUR. Rock Krawler 3.5 X-Factor, Nitto Trail Trappler 35x12.5x17, ACE Rock Sliders, Poison Spyder Brawler MID Front Bumper with Brawler Bar, ENGO E10000S Electric Winch, ACE Engineering JK Pro Series Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, JW Speaker 8700, Dually Fog lights and sPOD
danrb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #72
Jeeper
 
d_rehmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrb View Post
I'm up for a quick jaunt to Flagpole. That is the main purpose, since the kids haven't been to the top yet.
Sounds good. I think I will be in then.

Anyone else want to hit up Flagpole?
__________________
2011 Wrangler JK. Auto.
Teraflex 2.5" Suspension Lift
Firestone Destination 33" A/T's
Uniden 510XL 3' Wilson Flex Antenna
d_rehmann is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #73
Jeeper
 
Gladi8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_rehmann View Post
Sounds good. I think I will be in then.

Anyone else want to hit up Flagpole?
I'll do Flagpole as well after exploring...
Gladi8r is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #74
Jeeper
 
Reaper2332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 463
Might want to keep an eye on the weather. Forcast for next week is under 70. Not sure how the ride would feel if your topless and doorless.
Reaper2332 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #75
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
danrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper2332 View Post
Might want to keep an eye on the weather. Forcast for next week is under 70. Not sure how the ride would feel if your topless and doorless.
I've already put my regular doors back on. Saw there was rain forecasted too. May not be a spiderweb shade day either.
danrb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #76
Jeeper
 
d_rehmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 237
They are calling for 55 degrees next saturday. Breaking out the shorts, Dan!
__________________
2011 Wrangler JK. Auto.
Teraflex 2.5" Suspension Lift
Firestone Destination 33" A/T's
Uniden 510XL 3' Wilson Flex Antenna
d_rehmann is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #77
Jeeper
 
d_rehmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 237
Reaper,

How long do you plan on exploring? I am not asking for a trip plan or anything, I would just like to know what to expect. Like I mentioned earlier, I would like to do Flagpole after you decide to head out.
__________________
2011 Wrangler JK. Auto.
Teraflex 2.5" Suspension Lift
Firestone Destination 33" A/T's
Uniden 510XL 3' Wilson Flex Antenna
d_rehmann is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #78
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
danrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_rehmann View Post
They are calling for 55 degrees next saturday. Breaking out the shorts, Dan!
danrb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #79
Jeeper
 
Reaper2332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_rehmann View Post
Reaper,

How long do you plan on exploring? I am not asking for a trip plan or anything, I would just like to know what to expect. Like I mentioned earlier, I would like to do Flagpole after you decide to head out.
I plan on hitting long run and dictum ridge while we are out there. Depending on the time after that I will be taking off. I plan on taking off around 3-330ish.
Reaper2332 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #80
Jeeper
 
Reaper2332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 463
Hey guys,
Havent had time to put a trip plan together but I will try to get one up as soon as possible.

Just in case:

We will meet at the sheetz in haymarket at 0715. We will depart roughly 0745. I plan on going long run to dictum ridge and possibly second mountain afterwards. After that I believe dan will take over and ya'll will do flagpole knob.


See you all Saturday!
Reaper2332 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #81
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 36
Ill likely join in this weekend. Look forward to wheelin with y'all again.
mjf23 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #82
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
danrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper2332 View Post
Hey guys,
Havent had time to put a trip plan together but I will try to get one up as soon as possible.

Just in case:

We will meet at the sheetz in haymarket at 0715. We will depart roughly 0745. I plan on going long run to dictum ridge and possibly second mountain afterwards. After that I believe dan will take over and ya'll will do flagpole knob.

See you all Saturday!
My goal is too go to flagpole. The kids have never been up there. That said I may break off early to do that.
__________________
2013 JKUR. Rock Krawler 3.5 X-Factor, Nitto Trail Trappler 35x12.5x17, ACE Rock Sliders, Poison Spyder Brawler MID Front Bumper with Brawler Bar, ENGO E10000S Electric Winch, ACE Engineering JK Pro Series Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, JW Speaker 8700, Dually Fog lights and sPOD
danrb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #83
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 36
Quote:
plan on going long run to dictum ridge and possibly second mountain afterwards.

FYI, went out to second mountain last fall... it was plowed over and just verrrry long and flat. Still some scenic views, and even a few family sedans parked along on the trail...

Also, Dictum was gated off at the time, and not sure about Long Run but I think someone in our group said it might have been plowed too. Highlight of that day was that little up and down part at the entrance.

I'd be down for scoping out Dictum and Long with ya in the morning.
mjf23 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #84
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 36
Just now reading the whole thread here...

I think doors off wheeling is awesome if you have a convenient place to store the doors, but the long drive to and from is kinda annoying... also forecast in Hburg is 60's this weekend which might still a bit cold for us southern folk! < FL/GA
mjf23 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #85
Jeeper
 
Gladi8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrb View Post
My goal is too go to flagpole. The kids have never been up there. That said I may break off early to do that.
Dan I'm with you as well being that I have never been to Flagpole...
Gladi8r is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #86
Jeeper
 
Reaper2332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladi8r View Post

Dan I'm with you as well being that I have never been to Flagpole...
I have a feeling dictum ridge and second mountain won't be as technical. We will discuss as a group saturday morning the plan.
Reaper2332 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #87
Jeeper
 
Gladi8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper2332 View Post
I have a feeling dictum ridge and second mountain won't be as technical. We will discuss as a group saturday morning the plan.
Roger that...
Gladi8r is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 05:07 PM   #88
Jeeper
 
Reaper2332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper2332 View Post

I have a feeling dictum ridge and second mountain won't be as technical. We will discuss as a group saturday morning the plan.
Hey glen, you get your cb yet?
Reaper2332 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #89
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gbobva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 285
No, not yet. I might well have my midland portable by this weekend, but not installed in the rig yet.
Gbobva is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #90
Jeeper
 
Reaper2332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbobva View Post
No, not yet. I might well have my midland portable by this weekend, but not installed in the rig yet.
Well it will be portable so we should still be able to talk right?

Reaper2332 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC