Flagpole Knob Trip 4/27/2013 - Page 5 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Virginia Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #121
Jeeper
 
Gladi8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 538
Just got done doing a half-ass job washing the Jeep & boy do I have quite a few pinstripes on my passenger side...

Gladi8r is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #122
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
danrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladi8r View Post
Just got done doing a half-ass job washing the Jeep & boy do I have quite a few pinstripes on my passenger side...
I cleaned mine the day after. Couldn't breath with all the dust. All my pinstripes buffed out.

danrb is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #123
Jeeper
 
Reaper2332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrb View Post

I cleaned mine the day after. Couldn't breath with all the dust. All my pinstripes buffed out.
Mine is still as dirty as it was coming off the trail! Troy try mcguires rubbing compound, that's what I use to get the pin strips out. Or you can just embrace them because they make your jeep look good!
Reaper2332 is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #124
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gbobva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 300
Troy,

What is the name of the CB mount you have that attaches to the passenger grab bar?

Thanks
Gbobva is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #125
Jeeper
 
SHYUperman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbobva View Post
Troy,

What is the name of the CB mount you have that attaches to the passenger grab bar?

Thanks
Are you referring to the cooltech versamount or versamount2?

Cool Tech LLC. JK VersaMount

Cool Tech LLC. JK VersaMount 2
SHYUperman is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #126
Jeeper
 
Gladi8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYUperman View Post

Are you referring to the cooltech versamount or versamount2?

Cool Tech LLC. JK VersaMount

Cool Tech LLC. JK VersaMount 2
That's it...
Gladi8r is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #127
Jeeper
 
Gladi8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper2332 View Post

Mine is still as dirty as it was coming off the trail! Troy try mcguires rubbing compound, that's what I use to get the pin strips out. Or you can just embrace them because they make your jeep look good!
Thanks Jason...
Gladi8r is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #128
Jeeper
 
Gladi8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrb View Post

I cleaned mine the day after. Couldn't breath with all the dust. All my pinstripes buffed out.
Dan what did you use? Thanks!
Gladi8r is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #129
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
danrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladi8r View Post

Dan what did you use? Thanks!
http://www.stationautowash.com/

They do a much better job then me. I had some huge scratches, that are now gone.
__________________
2013 JKUR. Rock Krawler 3.5 X-Factor, RK Draglink flip, Nitto Trail Grappler 35x12.5x17, ACE Rock Sliders, Poison Spyder Brawler MID Front Bumper with Brawler Bar, ENGO E10000S Electric Winch, ACE Engineering JK Pro Series Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, JW Speaker 8700, Dually Fog lights and sPOD
danrb is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #130
Jeeper
 
Gladi8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 538
Guys I washed my Jeep real good today & I have lots of scratches all down my passenger side, on the hood & top as well...I have scratches on the drivers side too...Found a couple of chips in the hood & one in the windshield...My wheels are also scratched...

Oh well what you going to do? If you wanna play your Jeep is going to pay for it...
Gladi8r is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #131
Jeeper
 
Reaper2332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladi8r View Post
Guys I washed my Jeep real good today & I have lots of scratches all down my passenger side, on the hood & top as well...I have scratches on the drivers side too...Found a couple of chips in the hood & one in the windshield...My wheels are also scratched...

Oh well what you going to do? If you wanna play your Jeep is going to pay for it...
That sucks dude. Did you try that mcguires rubbing compound yet on the scratches?

I had a rock kick up on me a couple of fridays ago. I have a nice crack running across my windshield now.
Reaper2332 is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #132
Jeeper
 
Gladi8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper2332 View Post

That sucks dude. Did you try that mcguires rubbing compound yet on the scratches?

I had a rock kick up on me a couple of fridays ago. I have a nice crack running across my windshield now.
No I haven't...I was going to detail it, but if we're going to RC this weekend why bother...
Gladi8r is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #133
Jeeper
 
Reaper2332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladi8r View Post

No I haven't...I was going to detail it, but if we're going to RC this weekend why bother...
Good point haha. I wish I knew where you got those scratches. The only ones I got was when that guys dog jumped up on my door.
Reaper2332 is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #134
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
danrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper2332 View Post
Good point haha. I wish I knew where you got those scratches. The only ones I got was when that guys dog jumped up on my door.
Part of the problem is black scratches really stand out. There is a thread about this and how to buff them out. My Gecko they buff out easily as do most lighter colored cars.

Here is an option I'm thinking about.
http://www.trailskinz.com/pricing.html
danrb is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #135
Newb
 
Zee71mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrb View Post

Part of the problem is black scratches really stand out. There is a thread about this and how to buff them out. My Gecko they buff out easily as do most lighter colored cars.

Here is an option I'm thinking about.
http://www.trailskinz.com/pricing.html
Hey Guys I actually ran into a lady who has the trailskinz when I was out at wheelin4 hope a couple weekends ago She likes them a lot and they did not move at all when we went through some very narrow spots. They are actually on my wish list to get! Have fun at RC!
Zee71mach1 is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #136
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
danrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee71mach1 View Post

Hey Guys I actually ran into a lady who has the trailskinz when I was out at wheelin4 hope a couple weekends ago She likes them a lot and they did not move at all when we went through some very narrow spots. They are actually on my wish list to get! Have fun at RC!
My wish list too. They aren't too expensive.
__________________
2013 JKUR. Rock Krawler 3.5 X-Factor, RK Draglink flip, Nitto Trail Grappler 35x12.5x17, ACE Rock Sliders, Poison Spyder Brawler MID Front Bumper with Brawler Bar, ENGO E10000S Electric Winch, ACE Engineering JK Pro Series Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, JW Speaker 8700, Dually Fog lights and sPOD
danrb is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #137
Jeeper
 
Gladi8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrb View Post
Part of the problem is black scratches really stand out. There is a thread about this and how to buff them out. My Gecko they buff out easily as do most lighter colored cars.

Here is an option I'm thinking about.
TrailSkinz | Skin it - Trail it - Protect it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee71mach1 View Post
Hey Guys I actually ran into a lady who has the trailskinz when I was out at wheelin4 hope a couple weekends ago She likes them a lot and they did not move at all when we went through some very narrow spots. They are actually on my wish list to get! Have fun at RC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrb View Post
My wish list too. They aren't too expensive.
I can tell you this about the TrailSkinz...You have to ensure that the magnet & the part of your Jeep that it adheres to are thoroughly cleaned...If not, the dirt in between will scratch your paint...

Gladi8r is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC