Flagpole Knob trip 9 March 2013 - Page 10 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Virginia Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #271
Jeeper
 
sgtkersh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 257
Flagpole Knob trip 9 March 2013

We had a great time guys. Thanks to Dan and Vance for getting us there and through the trails. Good times!


Sent from AutoGuide.com App

__________________
2013 JKU Sport, Sahara tires/rims - everything else in progress
sgtkersh is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #272
Jeeper
 
d_rehmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtkersh View Post
We had a great time guys. Thanks to Dan and Vance for getting us there and through the trails. Good times!


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Patrick?

__________________
2011 Wrangler JK. Auto.
Teraflex 2.5" Suspension Lift
Firestone Destination 33" A/T's
Uniden 510XL 3' Wilson Flex Antenna
d_rehmann is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #273
Jeeper
 
darknes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 118
Great run guys the second trail we took was the best for the day.
darknes is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #274
Jeeper
 
d_rehmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 237
For those that attended today, would you mind doing like a sign in sheet? I would like to know who all was there by screen name pretty much.
__________________
2011 Wrangler JK. Auto.
Teraflex 2.5" Suspension Lift
Firestone Destination 33" A/T's
Uniden 510XL 3' Wilson Flex Antenna
d_rehmann is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2013, 07:08 AM   #275
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
danrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_rehmann View Post
For those that attended today, would you mind doing like a sign in sheet? I would like to know who all was there by screen name pretty much.
d_rehmann
danrb
kawa001
sgkersh
Patrick(no screen name)
darknes (TJ that joined latter in the day)
danrb is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #276
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
danrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_rehmann View Post
I must say. Thanks to you guys, I will have a story to tell for the rest of my life about how I beat the hell out of my new Jeep. This was definitely one of the most wild ( bka: emotional cocktail of fun, tense, scary, worried, wild, and more fun) experiences of my short life so far. I look plenty to wheeling with you guys again very soon!
You'll have a lot more stories I'm sure. No two trips have been the same for me. As for a starter trip this was a tough one. At least you can say you went further than that first group we passed and one of the guys in that group told me he'd been jeepin for 30 years.
danrb is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2013, 07:17 AM   #277
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
danrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtkersh View Post
We had a great time guys. Thanks to Dan and Vance for getting us there and through the trails. Good times!


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Thanks to the group for making the right decision to turn around. We probably could have made it, but this would have been one of those trips we would have been spending the night up there.
danrb is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #278
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
I had a great time also for my first time out. Thanks Vance and Dan for doing a great job getting us newbies up so far. I've got a ton of pictures, so I'll try to post some.
PatrickC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #279
Jeeper
 
Reaper2332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 463
Hey guys,

Started a new thread for a trip to flagpole next Saturday 16 March. Check it out and let me know if your interested in going. Hopefully I can get atleast most of the peeps that missed out yesterday.
Reaper2332 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #280
Jeeper
 
Reaper2332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 463
d_rehmann
danrb. DAN
kawa001. VANCE
sgkersh. MARK
Patrick(no screen name)
darknes (TJ that joined latter in the day)

Reaper2332. JASON (did not attend.... sad face....)
Reaper2332 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #281
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Loudoun County, VA
Posts: 340
Next weekend might work. Just finished eating breakfast at the Sugar Grove NIOC. Love those $3 Navy breakfasts. We're getting ready to start today's wheeling. The plan is to attempt Flagpole for the opposite direction.
kawa001 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #282
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
danrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa001 View Post
Next weekend might work. Just finished eating breakfast at the Sugar Grove NIOC. Love those $3 Navy breakfasts. We're getting ready to start today's wheeling. The plan is to attempt Flagpole for the opposite direction.
I'm sure that by the end of yesterday the snow would have been a lot less. Good luck today.
danrb is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #283
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3
Kephart Run not Gephart Run
rocknrubi04 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #284
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3
Smile

Kephart Run not Gephart Run I believe
rocknrubi04 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #285
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
danrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknes View Post
Great run guys the second trail we took was the best for the day.
Hey Darknes, Great having you with us yesterday. Liked your Jeep. Hope we can get together again.
danrb is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #286
Jeeper
 
d_rehmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 237
Can't guarantee, but, I am down for this weekend. Any update on the pictures from this weekend?
__________________
2011 Wrangler JK. Auto.
Teraflex 2.5" Suspension Lift
Firestone Destination 33" A/T's
Uniden 510XL 3' Wilson Flex Antenna
d_rehmann is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #287
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_rehmann View Post
Can't guarantee, but, I am down for this weekend. Any update on the pictures from this weekend?
I'll post some tonight. Unfortunately, I don't think I can make it next weekend. I'm ready to try that thing again with just a bit less snow.
PatrickC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #288
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
Pictures

Here are some good ones. I also have a great shot of the rock crawler from the other group up on that big one that Dennis got stuck on. I didn't want to post it without their permission, but if anyone knows them, I have it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0115.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	220839

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0156.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	220840

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0158.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	220841

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0214.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	220842
PatrickC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #289
Jeeper
 
Reaper2332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickC View Post
Here are some good ones. I also have a great shot of the rock crawler from the other group up on that big one that Dennis got stuck on. I didn't want to post it without their permission, but if anyone knows them, I have it.
You can post the pic, but if the plate is showing black it out. That's the only concern with posting pics on here.
Reaper2332 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #290
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Loudoun County, VA
Posts: 340
The adventure continues. We are still not home yet. We tried driving up to the Flagpole exit approaching from the West VA side. We got to within 200 yards of the exit but got stopped by big snow drifts. The frame got hung up on the snow the tires just spun. The drifts were too bad to winch forward so I had to break out the Come-along, built a snow anchor and pull the Jeep out from the rear. So today, I used my winch, the come-along and my traction plates. All this on a paved road! BTW, chains rock! I buying some for the front tires, too. We still aren't home yet. Stopped for dinner in Wardensville.
kawa001 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-11-2013, 04:37 AM   #291
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
danrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa001 View Post
The adventure continues. We are still not home yet. We tried driving up to the Flagpole exit approaching from the West VA side. We got to within 200 yards of the exit but got stopped by big snow drifts. The frame got hung up on the snow the tires just spun. The drifts were too bad to winch forward so I had to break out the Come-along, built a snow anchor and pull the Jeep out from the rear. So today, I used my winch, the come-along and my traction plates. All this on a paved road! BTW, chains rock! I buying some for the front tires, too. We still aren't home yet. Stopped for dinner in Wardensville.
Man you have one patient wife. Glad to here you made it.
danrb is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2013, 04:44 AM   #292
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
danrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 896
SgtKersh,

What was the name of that other group. Sorry for the poor memory. I want to look them up and see if they posted any pics.
danrb is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2013, 06:14 AM   #293
Jeeper
 
sgtkersh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 257
Flagpole Knob trip 9 March 2013

VA Jeep OffRoad on Facebook. They have posted pictures and I downloaded them yesterday but they are all too big to post here. Even a zip file is 15MBs. I can try to spend some time layer resizing, or shoot me your email and I can try to forward that way.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
__________________
2013 JKU Sport, Sahara tires/rims - everything else in progress
sgtkersh is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #294
Jeeper
 
darknes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrb View Post
SgtKersh,

What was the name of that other group. Sorry for the poor memory. I want to look them up and see if they posted any pics.
They have the pics of everyone going over the rocks.
darknes is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #295
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Loudoun County, VA
Posts: 340
So my wife and I attempted to approach the Flagpole exit from from the WV side on Sunday. It's about a six mile paved road. We hit wet, heavy snow immediately but chains on the rear tires allowed us to continue. Big snow drifts about two hundred yards from the top was all that separated us from the Flagpole exit and Briery Branch's plowed pavement. We had to winch out of a ditch once, use the traction plates once, and rear extract with the come along and improvised snow anchor. On the way down we rescued a Taco that was close to sliding off the road. Great day.

My thoughts are next time we go wheeling in snow is to stick to the paved roads and make 2 mile long tobaggan runs. :->

Here's a YouTube video of Sunday's adventure plus some pics from Sat and Sunday.
Be sure to watch in HD.
Pics
kawa001 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #296
Jeeper
 
sgtkersh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 257
Flagpole Knob trip 9 March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa001 View Post
So my wife and I attempted to approach the Flagpole exit from from the WV side on Sunday. It's about a six mile paved road. We hit wet, heavy snow immediately but chains on the rear tires allowed us to continue. Big snow drifts about two hundred yards from the top was all that separated us from the Flagpole exit and Briery Branch's plowed pavement. We had to winch out of a ditch once, use the traction plates once, and rear extract with the come along and improvised snow anchor. On the way down we rescued a Taco that was close to sliding off the road. Great day.

My thoughts are next time we go wheeling in snow is to stick to the paved roads and make 2 mile long tobaggan runs. :->

Here's a YouTube video of Sunday's adventure plus some pics from Sat and Sunday.
Be sure to watch in HD.
Pics
Dang Vance, now that's some serious snow wheeling!


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
__________________
2013 JKU Sport, Sahara tires/rims - everything else in progress
sgtkersh is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #297
Jeeper
 
YJ ALL DIRTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: louisa va
Posts: 46
Looked extremely fun to say the least

__________________
94' yj on 33" mickey thompson baja mud claw tires, rough country 4" lift and 2" shackles, full light bar on windshield and a rugged ridge 8500 winch


Whether you think you can or you can't, your right....
YJ ALL DIRTY is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC