Looking for trails/mud in Hampton Roads - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Virginia Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-11-2013, 05:28 AM   #1
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3
Looking for trails/mud in Hampton Roads

Hey guys. New to the area and very new to the Jeep scene. Just looking for some decent trails to see what this thing can do. Just got a 4.5 Rubicon Express
lift on 33's. no winch, no lockers. Trying to avoid getting tickets as well so any quite spots with minimum traffic would be great. Looking anywhere from York Town to NC border. If I don't find anything soon I'm just going to sell it. Hopefully you guys can help.

Hooyasmith is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Reaper2332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooyasmith View Post
Hey guys. New to the area and very new to the Jeep scene. Just looking for some decent trails to see what this thing can do. Just got a 4.5 Rubicon Express
lift on 33's. no winch, no lockers. Trying to avoid getting tickets as well so any quite spots with minimum traffic would be great. Looking anywhere from York Town to NC border. If I don't find anything soon I'm just going to sell it. Hopefully you guys can help.
Not sure about the area you live in, but if you travel west to George Washington National Forest they have quite a few trails.

Also there is a few trails I believe around charlottesville called shoe creek and potts mountain. Ive never been so hopefully someone will chime in that knows the location and has tried them.

Reaper2332 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
AAONMS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fruit Cove, FL
Posts: 28
While I’m sure there are Norfolk/Portsmouth area clubs, the Middle Peninsula Jeep Association might be another good place to look.
www.mpjai.com
Believe they are over out of News.
__________________
Shriners
AAONMS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: chesapeake va
Posts: 16
sorry, there are no legal public offroad areas in southeast VA .
cd712 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Poquoson, VA
Posts: 2
Within 3 hours is Corolla, NC on the Outer Banks. Traffic on Hwy 12 can be thick this time of year but you can park on the beach and explore the sand roads in the neighborhoods. Tread lightly and watch for the wild horses!
xxxxxxRPEGRAMJR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Reaper2332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPEGRAMJR View Post
Within 3 hours is Corolla, NC on the Outer Banks. Traffic on Hwy 12 can be thick this time of year but you can park on the beach and explore the sand roads in the neighborhoods. Tread lightly and watch for the wild horses!
Just got back from the outer banks yesterday. It was a lot of fun and really cool seeing the wild horses! Kinda found it funny though, when I reached the end of the beach it looked like virginia was trying to keep people out and prevent people from leaving haha. Also seen a house burn down, kinda felt bad for the owner....
Reaper2332 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-20-2013, 07:01 AM   #7
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Poquoson, VA
Posts: 2
Glad you had a good time. Definitely a nice change of pace and a stock Jeep does just fine so long as you air down (I go to 20psi). Sucks about the house, they aren't cheap. Wasn't the house in the middle of the beach was it? Agreed about VA. Would be nice to turn off there at the fortress and be halfway home!
xxxxxxRPEGRAMJR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
Reaper2332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPEGRAMJR View Post
Glad you had a good time. Definitely a nice change of pace and a stock Jeep does just fine so long as you air down (I go to 20psi). Sucks about the house, they aren't cheap. Wasn't the house in the middle of the beach was it? Agreed about VA. Would be nice to turn off there at the fortress and be halfway home!
Yeah the house required a 4wd to get to. It would have been nice just to drive the beach up to va beach and then head north from there instead of going 20 miles south before going north!

Reaper2332 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC