Shoe creek trip 1/9 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Virginia Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 216
Me and a buddy are heading to shoe creek for the weekend of 1/10. Just wondering if anyone else will be out there that weekend or it anyone would like to ride with us.

Kidduhh is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 216
3 rigs so far. Anyone else?

Kidduhh is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
gyramax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Christiansburg, Va
Posts: 219
Which day(s) are you doing the trip?
gyramax is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 216
Were gonna leave when my buddy gets off at 5 on the 10th, set up camp that night, wheel during the day on Saturday the 11th, then camp that night. Then finish up in the morning then head home on Sunday, the 12th.
Kidduhh is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #5
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: I am over here in Bristow, VA
Posts: 13
How do you rate Shoe Creek for difficulty? I have a 13 JKU, 3.5" lift with 35s and have been on several trails since purchase. Sounds like a good run
vatsalagi is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 216
Everything that I've heard about it is that it's stock friendly. So your rig will be a breeze through there haha.
Kidduhh is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
gyramax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Christiansburg, Va
Posts: 219
Trail is stock friendly but still have to be careful. Had a guy bend his tie rod last trip. Big issue right now seems to be with some of the local landowners surrounding the trail, particularly at the lower end start point who are upset about some groups trashing up the place and not being able to stay on the marked trail. Need to tread lightly in this area and show the locals that not every off road group is made up of idiots.
gyramax is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyramax View Post
Trail is stock friendly but still have to be careful. Had a guy bend his tie rod last trip. Big issue right now seems to be with some of the local landowners surrounding the trail, particularly at the lower end start point who are upset about some groups trashing up the place and not being able to stay on the marked trail. Need to tread lightly in this area and show the locals that not every off road group is made up of idiots.
Yep. From what I heard is that the lower part is blocked off with gates, so I plan on starting from the top and working my way down.
Kidduhh is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
gyramax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Christiansburg, Va
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidduhh View Post
Yep. From what I heard is that the lower part is blocked off with gates, so I plan on starting from the top and working my way down.
From what I gather from other forum sites is that there is not yet any gate on the lower part but there are new "posted - private property" signs, most notably at what some groups call "Picture Rock". This is the rock face on the left somewhere sfter the old now gated spur up to "Slick Rock."
If I'm wrong or there is any additional info from people who were out this weekend, it would be appreciated. I would hate to see this trail gated, even if it is at the bottom.
gyramax is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyramax View Post
From what I gather from other forum sites is that there is not yet any gate on the lower part but there are new "posted - private property" signs, most notably at what some groups call "Picture Rock". This is the rock face on the left somewhere sfter the old now gated spur up to "Slick Rock." If I'm wrong or there is any additional info from people who were out this weekend, it would be appreciated. I would hate to see this trail gated, even if it is at the bottom.
X2. Don't wanna make the 3 hour trip and not even be able to get on the trail
Kidduhh is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
nobndry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lynchburg, VA/ Morgantown,WV
Posts: 1,198
I'm in as long as the weather is good. I'll see if I can get a couple of coworkers to come along in their jeeps.
__________________
2010 Wrangler 2dr Sport BLACK 6spd manual, 3.73 gears, 3" TF lift, 35"KM2

... See JKs do wave.

Jeep Instagram: @jeep.wrangler.jk
nobndry is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobndry View Post
I'm in as long as the weather is good. I'll see if I can get a couple of coworkers to come along in their jeeps.
Sweet man, pm me and I'll give you my number
Kidduhh is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:13 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 216
TRIP IS CANCELLED. Ended up having to work that weekend. Maybe a future trip if everyone is still down.
Kidduhh is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:04 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 216
I know it's kinda last minute, but I ended up getting this weekend off. So if anyone is down for a day trip on Saturday, let me know.
Kidduhh is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 216
Anyone? Only a couple days left
Kidduhh is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:16 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
nobndry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lynchburg, VA/ Morgantown,WV
Posts: 1,198
Sorry man I'd be in but I have a big calculus test the following monday so I'll be studying.

__________________
2010 Wrangler 2dr Sport BLACK 6spd manual, 3.73 gears, 3" TF lift, 35"KM2

... See JKs do wave.

Jeep Instagram: @jeep.wrangler.jk
nobndry is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC