Virginia Jeep Meet & Greet - Page 9 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Virginia Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #241
Jeeper
 
BlueRidgeYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,917
Ugh, the Shenandoah Valley Gunshow is the 9th, and it is the other direction.

Guess I gotta get my nomad shoes on...

__________________
“Coming of age in a fascist police state will not be a barrel of fun for anybody, much less for people like me, who are not inclined to suffer Nazis gladly and feel only contempt for the cowardly flag-suckers who would gladly give up their outdated freedom to live for the mess of pottage they have been conned into believing will be freedom from fear.”
BlueRidgeYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #242
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 19,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeYJ View Post
Ugh, the Shenandoah Valley Gunshow is the 9th, and it is the other direction.

Guess I gotta get my nomad shoes on...
Lol, does this mean you are attending both?

__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #243
Jeeper
 
d_rehmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 237
Are any NoVA keepers going to be using a walkie talkie? I attended a cruise this weekend and didn't have one. Kinda made me feel left out. Haha.
d_rehmann is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #244
Jeeper
 
klkb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gainesville, Virginia
Posts: 2,976
:-/ Turns out I can't make it. I rechecked my work schedule and it looks like I'm not off. I'm really bummed to miss all the fun.
klkb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #245
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 19,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_rehmann View Post
Are any NoVA keepers going to be using a walkie talkie? I attended a cruise this weekend and didn't have one. Kinda made me feel left out. Haha.
We will be on channel 17 on the cb
__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #246
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 19,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by klkb View Post
:-/ Turns out I can't make it. I rechecked my work schedule and it looks like I'm not off. I'm really bummed to miss all the fun.
Awww kl :-( i was looking. Forward to meeting ya!
__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #247
Jeeper
 
d_rehmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbostixxx View Post
We will be on channel 17 on the cb
How much trouble (and price) is involved installing a CB?
d_rehmann is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #248
Jeeper
 
Supercop260's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_rehmann

How much trouble (and price) is involved installing a CB?
I have one but I only use it on trail rides (truckers dominate those things).

Depends on the set up you want. I bought a handheld for $130 but didn't like the range so I had an antenna put in.
Supercop260 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #249
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 19,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_rehmann View Post

How much trouble (and price) is involved installing a CB?
I spent $50 and took me 2 hours
__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #250
Jeeper
 
cigarsnbeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dade City, FL
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_rehmann

How much trouble (and price) is involved installing a CB?
I just spent 400 + shipping and am installing this week but you can get much cheaper like turbo said...

Midland makes one that can be both a car mounted and handheld it's model 75-822 ... It should be a good enough range for Sunday as a hand held and then you could upgrade later with a firestik antenna, coax cable, SWR meter (or borrow one), and mount... I have read a lot of people on this forum use them

Another option if you are looking for low cost is the radio shack brand CB, coax, and antenna should be pretty cheap and provide a little more range than just a handheld. Though you would need a SWR meter or could ask a nova jeeper to bring theirs with them so you could calibrate your antenna...

Fairly easy to install...

Right channel radios is a great website to learn about CB radios as they have some educational videos that take about 20 minutes to watch then have additional reading material.
__________________
2011 Jeep Wrangler
AEV 2.5" coils| Bilstien 5100 shocks| 18x9 XD Wheels| 35x12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers| JKS Disconnects|Cobra 29 lx|
cigarsnbeer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #251
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 19,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarsnbeer View Post

I just spent 400 + shipping and am installing this week but you can get much cheaper like turbo said...

Midland makes one that can be both a car mounted and handheld it's model 75-822 ... It should be a good enough range for Sunday as a hand held and then you could upgrade later with a firestik antenna, coax cable, SWR meter (or borrow one), and mount... I have read a lot of people on this forum use them

Another option if you are looking for low cost is the radio shack brand CB, coax, and antenna should be pretty cheap and provide a little more range than just a handheld. Though you would need a SWR meter or could ask a nova jeeper to bring theirs with them so you could calibrate your antenna...

Fairly easy to install...

Right channel radios is a great website to learn about CB radios as they have some educational videos that take about 20 minutes to watch then have additional reading material.
I got my coax from right channel, have a 2' firestik (need atleast a 3 foot to go over the soft top) and i bought a cobra dx 19 (compact cb) if i had a 3' turn to tune i would ask cigar to bring a swr meter, but i have a cut to tune and its too short, another time
__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #252
Jeeper
 
cigarsnbeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dade City, FL
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercop260

(truckers dominate those things).
Ya, but they are great to provide some bear info on long road trips! Also good to talk to those guys in traffic to see what is going on... They also call out the occasional hot chick on the road and give their 20... Such pervs gotta love um
__________________
2011 Jeep Wrangler
AEV 2.5" coils| Bilstien 5100 shocks| 18x9 XD Wheels| 35x12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers| JKS Disconnects|Cobra 29 lx|
cigarsnbeer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #253
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 19,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarsnbeer View Post

Ya, but they are great to provide some bear info on long road trips! Also good to talk to those guys in traffic to see what is going on... They also call out the occasional hot chick on the road and give their 20... Such pervs gotta love um
Haha
__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #254
EMS - It's a way of life.

WF Supporting Member
 
silver rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midlothian, Virginia
Posts: 19,436
I was bidding on one trying to get it before the meet.... No go...
silver rubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #255
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 19,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver rubi View Post
I was bidding on one trying to get it before the meet.... No go...
$50 radioshack lol
__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2012, 11:20 PM   #256
EMS - It's a way of life.

WF Supporting Member
 
silver rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midlothian, Virginia
Posts: 19,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbostixxx View Post

$50 radioshack lol
I keep telling you I don't want that one Haha. Why are you on here? I thought you were fishing....
silver rubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #257
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 19,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver rubi View Post

I keep telling you I don't want that one Haha. Why are you on here? I thought you were fishing....
I am!

__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #258
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
paleh0rse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,118
Actually, if someone has a SWR meter they can bring to the meet, that would be righteous. I've got a brand new 4' Firestik that I need to dial in.

Anyone? Please and thank you?
paleh0rse is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #259
EMS - It's a way of life.

WF Supporting Member
 
silver rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midlothian, Virginia
Posts: 19,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleh0rse View Post
Actually, if someone has a SWR meter they can bring to the meet, that would be righteous. I've got a brand new 4' Firestik that I need to dial in.

Anyone? Please and thank you?
Well heck... I need to get a cb and bring it with me so I can get it installed while I'm up there...
silver rubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 04:26 AM   #260
Jeeper
 
klkb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gainesville, Virginia
Posts: 2,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbostixxx

Awww kl :-( i was looking. Forward to meeting ya!
Yeah, same here. I'm getting all kinds of dates messed up these days.
klkb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #261
Jeeper
 
cigarsnbeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dade City, FL
Posts: 185
I'd love to help you out pale but I'm not getting an SWR, I just ordered a CB with one already built in...

Also just got an email from quadratec that they are out of stock on an item I was using for my install... Going to have to call today and see what's up!

I may have a ghetto install at the meet up until that part arrives... Annoying
__________________
2011 Jeep Wrangler
AEV 2.5" coils| Bilstien 5100 shocks| 18x9 XD Wheels| 35x12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers| JKS Disconnects|Cobra 29 lx|
cigarsnbeer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #262
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
paleh0rse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,118
It's all good, thanks anyways! I'll figure something out... May just stop by the Shack and grab one if nobody else has one handy.
paleh0rse is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #263
Jeeper
 
cigarsnbeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dade City, FL
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleh0rse
It's all good, thanks anyways! I'll figure something out... May just stop by the Shack and grab one if nobody else has one handy.
I'd be surprised if nobody attending from NOVA has one, doesn't look like they are checking on this thread to much.

They are only $20 bucks but, I'd hate to see you spend money that could be spent else wear on the jeep
__________________
2011 Jeep Wrangler
AEV 2.5" coils| Bilstien 5100 shocks| 18x9 XD Wheels| 35x12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers| JKS Disconnects|Cobra 29 lx|
cigarsnbeer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #264
Jeeper
 
KittyPrawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 2,104
Images: 2
Don't go to Radio Shack about CB stuff unless you want to confuse the poor 16 year old workers.
__________________
Deb
2013 True Blue JKU Rubicon Goodbye Pontiac!
I drive a 4 door. There is more space for bacon inside.
KittyPrawn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #265
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
paleh0rse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyPrawn View Post
Don't go to Radio Shack about CB stuff unless you want to confuse the poor 16 year old workers.
LOL! It's usually ok to go there if you already know what you need, though.
paleh0rse is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #266
Jeeper
 
KittyPrawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 2,104
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleh0rse View Post

LOL! It's usually ok to go there if you already know what you need, though.
I was looking for an antenna, preferably a magnetic one. I went to radio Shack and specifically asked for a CB antenna. I then had to explain what a CB radio was.

This also happened at a few auto part stores.. I will just purchase what I need online!
__________________
Deb
2013 True Blue JKU Rubicon Goodbye Pontiac!
I drive a 4 door. There is more space for bacon inside.
KittyPrawn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #267
Jeeper
 
cigarsnbeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dade City, FL
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver rubi View Post
Well heck... I need to get a cb and bring it with me so I can get it installed while I'm up there...
If you have the parts, I'll help! they dont take long

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyPrawn View Post
I was looking for an antenna, preferably a magnetic one. I went to radio Shack and specifically asked for a CB antenna. I then had to explain what a CB radio was.

This also happened at a few auto part stores.. I will just purchase what I need online!
Yep! workers at these type stores now a days for the most part are clueless! especially radio shack, I asked one if they had a shorter coax cable a few years back and they tried to hand me a low grade speaker wire.
__________________
2011 Jeep Wrangler
AEV 2.5" coils| Bilstien 5100 shocks| 18x9 XD Wheels| 35x12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers| JKS Disconnects|Cobra 29 lx|
cigarsnbeer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #268
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 19,524
Someone just rsvp'd and said they are bringing 12 jeeps? If you just rsvp'd today let me know if you are actually bringing 12 jeeps or if it was a mistype
__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #269
Jeeper
 
Supercop260's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6,051
I'm bringing 47...not gonna be a problem right? Lol
Supercop260 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #270
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 19,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercop260 View Post
I'm bringing 47...not gonna be a problem right? Lol
Haha nope! The more the merry!! Of course i just talked to the qs&l manager, he is stoked and asked if we want to do it on a weekly basis lol

Ok guys serious note, are there any charities you think we should have quaker steak and lube give back to?

__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC