Anyone here near Kearneysville/Martinsburg? - Page 8 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > West Virginia Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #211
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeezy9183 View Post
You guys enjoy ur jeep meet! I've been thinking long and hard and I'm going to go with 33" tires instead of the 35's. moneys a little tight and for no more than what ill be doing with the jeep, 33's will be fine. Maybe for the best meet, ill be in town...
Aww man, you ain't gonna make it?

I don't wanna tell you what to do with your Jeep 33s will not look much different than 32s on a JKU. If you really want 35s, save your money.

Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #212
Jeeper
 
adeezy9183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern md and martinsburg, wv
Posts: 114
Nah I'm down in md. Wife and I are coming up the weekend of the 18th to see my folks. We will see about the tires...

adeezy9183 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #213
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeezy9183 View Post
Nah I'm down in md. Wife and I are coming up the weekend of the 18th to see my folks. We will see about the tires...
Cool. Another idea to save some cash is to get some spacers and 35s and just use your stock wheels until you have the funds for new ones.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #214
Jeeper
 
adeezy9183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern md and martinsburg, wv
Posts: 114
Yea...I'm gettin the mb72 wheels in 15x8 so that wouldn't work since the stock wheels are 16". Ohh well. Ill just save it up and do it right the first time. I'm just anxious to get the lift and tires
adeezy9183 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-08-2013, 03:42 AM   #215
Jeeper
 
adeezy9183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern md and martinsburg, wv
Posts: 114
Any of you guys know anything about the rough country lifts? They have nice prices and I haven't heard anything bad about them. Everything for around $400 shipped. That's a 3.25" lift
adeezy9183 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #216
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeezy9183 View Post
Any of you guys know anything about the rough country lifts? They have nice prices and I haven't heard anything bad about them. Everything for around $400 shipped. That's a 3.25" lift
Lots of hatred for RC on this forum and I'm not sure why. I've read that the lifts tend to sag and the customer service is poor, but when I read other souces outside the forum people seem happy. My local dealer installs the RC lifts and guarantee them; in fact, they even recommend them! I've had in depth discussions with the service manager, who knows his shit, and he thinks they're really good lifts.

I'm a big stickler for the "Made in the USA," so I wouldn't even consider an RC lift. RC lifts are made in China and Chinese-made parts don't have to be built to the same standards as parts made in the USA. It's AEV or Rock Krawler for me. I'm going AEV.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-08-2013, 04:25 AM   #217
Jeeper
 
adeezy9183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern md and martinsburg, wv
Posts: 114
Didn't know they weren't made in USA. So RC is out of the question. Just trying to save a dime...I see if you profile you play guitar con artist. What kind of music do you play? I play myself and foresee a jam session perhaps....
adeezy9183 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-08-2013, 06:26 AM   #218
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeezy9183 View Post
Didn't know they weren't made in USA. So RC is out of the question. Just trying to save a dime...I see if you profile you play guitar con artist. What kind of music do you play? I play myself and foresee a jam session perhaps....
Very few kits are made in the USA, and for me personally, a lift isn't where I would "save a dime," so to speak. There's no way in god's green hell I'd ever skimp on stuff like a lift, wheels, bumpers, rock rails, or anything else "structure-related," and come to think of it, I wouldn't buy interior bits that weren't made in the USA, either. NOTHING I add to my Jeep will be made in China, it's not even an option. I've actually been searching and compiling a list of all products I'm interested in that are made in the USA; bumpers, lifts, wheels, tires, etc. Below are all lifts and where they're manufactured.

Made in the USA-

AEV
Rock Krawler
Skyjacker (some of them...)
JKS
TrailMaster (some of them...)

Made in Australia-

Old Man Emu (OME)

Made by 10 Year Olds in Sweatshops-

TeraFlex
Rough Country
Rubicon Express
Pro Comp
Rancho
Daystar
Superlift
Black Diamond
Fabtech
RCD

As for some jamming, I DO see a jam in the future! I mainly play Metal but I'm game to play other stuff, just don't expect me to be very good at it!
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #219
Jeeper
 
adeezy9183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern md and martinsburg, wv
Posts: 114
Right on...well definitely have to get together. My old man has some drums and we've been known to jam from time to jam. I've mostly been playing acoustic here lately. The mrs. Tends to complain when I plug In the Marshall lol. And I like all kinds of music. Here lately I've been on a classic rock kick
adeezy9183 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #220
Six
Jeeper
 
Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Durtburg, WV
Posts: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Artist View Post
Then don't bother. No Jeep, no BWW.

Whatever. If it was nice out I'd be on the Harley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeezy9183 View Post
You guys enjoy ur jeep meet! I've been thinking long and hard and I'm going to go with 33" tires instead of the 35's. moneys a little tight and for no more than what ill be doing with the jeep, 33's will be fine. Maybe for the best meet, ill be in town...
Check actual tire size. The OEM SRAs that I have are supposed to be 31" the 315/70/16 Duratracs I'm getting are supposed to be 35" but are actually about 33.5"-34" once on the Jeep and inflated, so it's not actually a 35" tire and won't bog down as much as something bigger.
Six is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #221
Six
Jeeper
 
Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Durtburg, WV
Posts: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeezy9183 View Post
Any of you guys know anything about the rough country lifts? They have nice prices and I haven't heard anything bad about them. Everything for around $400 shipped. That's a 3.25" lift
If you go over 2"-2.5" in a 2 door you're going to need drive shafts sooner than later according to most people's experiences on here. Stock DS's don't work the best at that angle.
Six is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #222
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six View Post
Whatever. If it was nice out I'd be on the Harley.
That was a joke.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #223
Jeeper
 
adeezy9183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern md and martinsburg, wv
Posts: 114
My whole neighborhood would hate me if I had an amp that big. The marshal I have is 30w I think but that sucker packs a punch. I know it's loud enough to play out at a small bar. That's gotta be a 100w u have there. What songs u been jamming too lately. Give me some ideas so I'm not completely in the dark lol. And that's a bummer about my dag on drive shafts being need replacing with a lift. It's always something. Anyone know of a lift that's driveshaft safe lol. I mean hell, I'm gonna be on pavement 90-95% of the time
adeezy9183 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #224
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeezy9183 View Post
My whole neighborhood would hate me if I had an amp that big. The marshal I have is 30w I think but that sucker packs a punch. I know it's loud enough to play out at a small bar. That's gotta be a 100w u have there. What songs u been jamming too lately. Give me some ideas so I'm not completely in the dark lol. And that's a bummer about my dag on drive shafts being need replacing with a lift. It's always something. Anyone know of a lift that's driveshaft safe lol. I mean hell, I'm gonna be on pavement 90-95% of the time
Even though your Marshall may be rated at 30w, it's probably far louder. You can gig with a 30w amp as long as it's mic'd.

My Peavey 3120 head is rated at 120w. Lemme tell ya, if I even "crank it" up to about 2.5 to 3, I'm riding the lightning! It is LOUD!

I was sick this New Years Eve so I have to wait until next year, but I had every intention of pulling the cabinet on to the porch, cranking up to 10, and hitting a power-chord at the stroke of midnight!
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #225
Jeeper
 
adeezy9183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern md and martinsburg, wv
Posts: 114
That's bringing the new year in style right there!
adeezy9183 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #226
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeezy9183 View Post
That's bringing the new year in style right there!
Yeah, it'd be a bit of a challenge because I couldn't put a tube head out in the cold, I'd ruin it. I'd have to use some longer cables and run it to the cab on the porch through a window or something...
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #227
Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
Where is there a place to mud in the Martinsburg/Hagerstown area? I have only been able to find the smallest mud holes.
ilovemud is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #228
Six
Jeeper
 
Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Durtburg, WV
Posts: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeezy9183 View Post
My whole neighborhood would hate me if I had an amp that big. The marshal I have is 30w I think but that sucker packs a punch. I know it's loud enough to play out at a small bar. That's gotta be a 100w u have there. What songs u been jamming too lately. Give me some ideas so I'm not completely in the dark lol. And that's a bummer about my dag on drive shafts being need replacing with a lift. It's always something. Anyone know of a lift that's driveshaft safe lol. I mean hell, I'm gonna be on pavement 90-95% of the time
I had a 100w H&K Triamp. Best amp I've ever owned. Had a 30w Blackstar Artisan after that which was an amazing amp as well. Had a 1000w Ampeg B4R hed with a 6x10 cabinet when I played bass in a band and that thing was loud.

The band I was in had me playing through a solid state Peavy 1x12 combo that might have been pushing 100w and I was running through a PA. I kept telling everyone to turn down because we didn't need to be incredibly loud and I couldn't even hear myself. After I got the Ampeg I drowned them all out and they turned down for me.

Also had a studio at one point and I could put the H&K in the nearly sound proof room, crank it to 11, and just raise all kinds of hell. It was a fun time for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemud View Post
Where is there a place to mud in the Martinsburg/Hagerstown area? I have only been able to find the smallest mud holes.
There really aren't unless you know some secret spots or someone with some land. Sleep Creek has some trails but that's less mud and more rock.

Rausch Creek in PA has mud holes you can sink a Jeep in. There's a WF meet there in July, IIRC. I'll link the thread when I find it. That's always a fun time.
Six is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #229
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six View Post
I had a 100w H&K Triamp. Best amp I've ever owned. Had a 30w Blackstar Artisan after that which was an amazing amp as well. Had a 1000w Ampeg B4R hed with a 6x10 cabinet when I played bass in a band and that thing was loud.

The band I was in had me playing through a solid state Peavy 1x12 combo that might have been pushing 100w and I was running through a PA. I kept telling everyone to turn down because we didn't need to be incredibly loud and I couldn't even hear myself. After I got the Ampeg I drowned them all out and they turned down for me.

Also had a studio at one point and I could put the H&K in the nearly sound proof room, crank it to 11, and just raise all kinds of hell. It was a fun time for me.



There really aren't unless you know some secret spots or someone with some land. Sleep Creek has some trails but that's less mud and more rock.

Rausch Creek in PA has mud holes you can sink a Jeep in. There's a WF meet there in July, IIRC. I'll link the thread when I find it. That's always a fun time.
The only trails I know of are in Winchester, and I think you have to belong to some group. I think it's something like bigdogsoffroad.com or something...
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #230
Jeeper
 
adeezy9183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern md and martinsburg, wv
Posts: 114
So we got a bassist and two guitarists.....lol. I can vouch for sleepy creek. Not too radical but keeps u on ur toes
adeezy9183 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #231
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeezy9183 View Post
So we got a bassist and two guitarists.....lol. I can vouch for sleepy creek. Not too radical but keeps u on ur toes
Yep, I musta been in the wrong part of Sleepy Creek. It was cool to ride through the woods but it wasn't exactly what I'd call "rewarding."
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #232
Six
Jeeper
 
Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Durtburg, WV
Posts: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeezy9183 View Post
So we got a bassist and two guitarists.....lol. I can vouch for sleepy creek. Not too radical but keeps u on ur toes
I sold all my stuff a while back. All I have is my acoustic and I only played bass in that one band.
Six is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #233
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six View Post
I sold all my stuff a while back. All I have is my acoustic and I only played bass in that one band.
Why'd ya sell all your gear?
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #234
Six
Jeeper
 
Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Durtburg, WV
Posts: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Artist View Post
Why'd ya sell all your gear?
Couldn't get a band together and got tired of depending on other people to make a commitment.

I bought photography gear instead.
Six is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #235
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six View Post
Couldn't get a band together and got tired of depending on other people to make a commitment.

I bought photography gear instead.
Cool. Ya still use the photography gear?

I never really bothered trying to get into/form a band. The people I normally got stuck jamming with either really sucked, just wanted to screw around, or both; that's not to say I'm Dimebag Darrell, but I can hold a rhythm.

I'd eventually lost interest in playing and the guitars, plus my limited amount of "gear" eventually found its way into a closet where it remained for about ten years. It wasn't until we moved into our current home and had empty rooms that weren't being used, so I had this idea of making a music room. I really got into the project, buying new guitar stands, a stool, new cables, and got some of my guitars repaired.

One thing lead to another with the whole "music room thing." Since the guitars were easily accessible, I just started jamming and got into it again, but left right off at that "block" I stopped at years before. Eventually, I did make a "breakthrough" and was so excited, I just continued to play.

It wasn't long before everything snowballed. I entertained the idea of cashing in on that B.C. Rich Warlock Custom Shop guitar I wanted back in the late 80s/early 90s but then found out it was going to cost me $6,500, so I found another avenue for a custom guitar...and I've just been goin' ever since.

When I started, I had a Fender Telecaster, B.C. Rich Mockingbird, Ibanez EX180 (was an ex's...), and an Epiphone Shadow Six acoustic. I also had a Crate G.212 50w amplifier. Since then, my amount of gear and guitars have ballooned exponentially. I now have 11 guitars, Peavey 3120 tube head, Avatar 4x12 cab, chorus pedal, Wah pedal, reverb pedal, plus I've gotten into the home recording thing a little bit.

I've found I very much prefer recording my own music as to being in a band. I play what I want, how I want, etc. I don't have to worry about pleasing anyone else with my music, etc...but just because I like to record myself and all of that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to get out for an occasional jam where I can just follow along.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #236
Jeeper
 
adeezy9183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern md and martinsburg, wv
Posts: 114
Sounds like u got quite the collection. I have an epiphone les Paul prophecy with EMG 81/85 pickups (sounds killer). I have ur standard fender acoustic, ibanez lonestar acoustic (made in '86), ibanez montage acoustic an an off brand 12 string acoustic. I probably haven't played my electric over a year only because its way more convenient to pickup an acoustic and not have to plug in anything. Don't get me wrong I LOVE jammin on the electric. Matter of fact I might have to break it out. There is nothing like cranking the gain all the way up and strumming a few power chords.
adeezy9183 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #237
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeezy9183 View Post
Sounds like u got quite the collection. I have an epiphone les Paul prophecy with EMG 81/85 pickups (sounds killer). I have ur standard fender acoustic, ibanez lonestar acoustic (made in '86), ibanez montage acoustic an an off brand 12 string acoustic. I probably haven't played my electric over a year only because its way more convenient to pickup an acoustic and not have to plug in anything. Don't get me wrong I LOVE jammin on the electric. Matter of fact I might have to break it out. There is nothing like cranking the gain all the way up and strumming a few power chords.
Yeah, I've totally become a "gear-whore." It's a terrible addiction! I'm ALWAYS looking for the "next guitar" or "next head," or what have you.

Out of those 11 guitars, I only play my Warmoth Custom, Jackson USA KV2, Fender Telecaster Plus, Taylor 414ce, and Martin "Backpacker." Other than the Martin, I don't really touch my foreign-made ones. My USA-made instruments are FAR SUPERIOR to the foreign ones. I'm kicking around the idea of selling the foreign ones, save for the few my wife got me.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #238
Jeeper
 
adeezy9183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern md and martinsburg, wv
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Artist

Yeah, I've totally become a "gear-whore." It's a terrible addiction! I'm ALWAYS looking for the "next guitar" or "next head," or what have you.

Out of those 11 guitars, I only play my Warmoth Custom, Jackson USA KV2, Fender Telecaster Plus, Taylor 414ce, and Martin "Backpacker." Other than the Martin, I don't really touch my foreign-made ones. My USA-made instruments are FAR SUPERIOR to the foreign ones. I'm kicking around the idea of selling the foreign ones, save for the few my wife got me.
How do you like that backpacker? I've been considering getting one. Before I die I want a Gibson les Paul and an American strat
adeezy9183 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #239
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeezy9183 View Post
How do you like that backpacker? I've been considering getting one. Before I die I want a Gibson les Paul and an American strat
Well, I played a Backpacker while I was down in FL and really liked it. The one I played was a steel-string. My wife got me a nylon-stringed one for Xmas. Personally, I would have preferred the steel-stringer, but I have a nice steel-stringer, so I decided not to exchange it (with a little coaxing from my guitar teacher...).

The neck on the Backpacker is really beefy; typical Martin fashion. It sounds amazingly good (like a Martin), despite the body's small size and small sound chamber. Given the shape of the body, it sits very close to the leg, making it tough to pick the High E string without muting it on my leg. It could use a bit more "body" at the bottom. It does come with a strap, so using the strap can alleviate this a bit; just pull the guitar up a bit.

The Backpacker is a real nice instrument, especially for travel. It's by no means a substitute for an actual guitar, but it does more than serve its purpose as something to take on the road with you. I'm very happy with it.

An American Strat is an amazing player. These days, you can score an American Strat for around $700-$800, and of course, prices go up from there. Aside from Fender, check out G&L. G&L was also partially owned by Leo Fender. They are also very nice instruments.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #240
Jeeper
 
mixedup4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Inwood, WV
Posts: 490
Images: 5
moving into Inwood....see tons of jeeps all over

__________________
I like her topless.. that's when she gets dirty

1992 YJ 2.5L 5SPD / 4.10 GEARS / 34x1050x15 LTBs
4.0 THROTTLE BODY / 5.0 INJECTORS / CUSTOM AIR
SOA With Boomerangs / Cavalier Z24 Seats
mixedup4x4 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC