Here is the removal instructions from the Factory Service manual. I still strongly advise you not to undertake this job on your own and accept no responsibility for personal injury and damage to machinery. I understand you are in a bind with cash and that is the only reason I am helping with instructions.
(1) Shift transmission into first or third gear. Then
raise vehicle on hoist.
(2) Support engine with adjustable jack stand. Position
wood block between jack and oil pan to avoid
(3) Disconnect necessary exhaust system components.
(4) Remove skid plate.
(5) Disconnect rear cushion and bracket from
transmission (Fig. 5).
(6) Remove rear crossmember.
(7) Disconnect transfer case shift linkage at transfer
(8) Disconnect vehicle speed sensor wires and
transfer case vent hose.
(9) Remove slave cylinder from clutch housing.
(10) Disconnect transmission shift lever as follows:
(a) Lower transmission-transfer case assembly
approximately 7-8 cm (3 in.) for access to shift lever.
(b) Reach up and around transmission case and
unseat shift lever dust boot from transmission shift
tower (Fig. 6). Move boot upward on shift lever for
access to retainer that secures lever in shift tower.
(c) Reach up and around transmission case and
press shift lever retainer downward with your fingers.
Turn retainer counterclockwise to release it.
(d) Lift lever and retainer out of shift tower (Fig.
6). Do not remove the shift lever from the
floorpan boots. Leave the lever in place for
later transmission installation.
(11) Mark front and rear propeller shafts for installation
alignment (Fig. 7). Then remove both
(12) Remove crankshaft position position sensor
(Figs. 8, 9).
CAUTION: It is important that the crankshaft position
sensor be removed prior to transmission removal.
The sensor can easily be damaged if left in
place during removal operations.
(13) Unclip wire harnesses from transmission and
(14) Remove slave cylinder from clutch housing.
(15) Support transmission with transmission jack.
(16) Remove nuts attaching transfer case to transmission
and remove transfer case.
(17) Secure transmission to jack with safety
(18) Remove clutch housing brace rod.
(19) Remove clutch housing-to-engine bolts.
(20) Pull transmission jack rearward until input
shaft clears clutch. Then slide transmission out from
(21) Remove clutch release bearing, release fork
and retainer clip.
(22) Remove clutch housing from transmission.
[Install] AX-15 New Clutch Install
This website has some pictures on removing the tranny for a clutch replacement. Good Luck.