Ely is almost in Canada.
North of Duluth 2 hours, very small town at the edge of the BWCAW. From here if you go East the road stops 16 miles out, North the road winds Westward to Orr, South goes to Hibbing, and West to Tower. More animals up here than people, thats why I like it. Great place to retire. Big summer time place to come in the winter only ice fishing, dog sleds, snow mobiles, cross country sky. Also gets chilley, several days -25 and colder.
It is great up here. More critters than people and lakes all over the place. There are areas that are restricted, no motors of any type. Paddle or walk/ski/snow shoe/dog sled even planes must be at an altitude not to bother any thing. Then other areas for snow mobiles, atv, and fire roads that criss cross the area. Sort of something for every one. I like winter, very few people as it does get pritty chilley. Minus temps are common but it is georgious
I miss the boundary waters and all the awesome wilderness around Pine city. When I was in High school I considered the whole state my domain to explore. No Huge Pines forests around here and alot of sand but it is an awesome place to live also.
I only discovered the BWCWA several years ago. We retired here in 2004 and love it. We even like the winters it is so clear
you can see stars that I never knew existed. Plus every now and again they turn on the northern lights now for me that is beyond cool.
I'm in Grand Forks, North Dakota and East Grand Forks, MN. We have a few wranglers around here but not alot. Mostly farmland around here but only have to drive like 50 miles before we start hitting the lakes area. And yeah ... when the northern lights are glowing its a very nice site.
New to the Jeep world. Loving it though! I have a 2007, 2 door. Would love to post a photo if I could figure out how to do that. Maybe soon. See a lot of them out on the roads...hope some of you use this forum.
Hello MN! Sure arn't many Wranglers
up here. Pickem-ups yes but few
Wranglers. Any idea why?
I live in Owatonna(southern MN) and theres all kinds of them here CJs, YJ, XJ, and all of them even a few scramblers and the new jeep pickups
__________________ Mine: 1987 YJ 4.2 5spd soft top
98% of people when they are about to go into the ditch say "oh shit!" The other 2% are Minnesotans and when we are about to go into a ditch we say "Hold my beer and watch this shit!"