Iowa Mirror Laws - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Iowa Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #1
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
firehawk_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 4,241
Iowa Mirror Laws

Does anyone happen to know definitively what they mirror laws in Iowa are? I can't seem to find much searching besides someone who posted the law from who knows when which made it seem as long as the view wasn't obstructed that having just the rear view mirror was enough to be legal. Anyone know for sure?

firehawk_1989 is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
roadsuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 52
Super cheap TJ mirror relocation

Check this thread out from jocci.com (if the link works). Scroll down to the 8th reply I believe. It appears as long as you have the center mirror unobstructed you are good to go. at least, that is what I do.

__________________
2001 TJ
RED
lift, tires and stuff
roadsuk is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
nick50471's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bushwood Country Club
Posts: 13,950
Side mirrors off isn ok as long as your rearview mirror is clear. No big spare tire or trailer.
__________________
License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.
nick50471 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
Bondgreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Clive, Iowa
Posts: 39
I agree, if your rearview is unobstructed your OK. If it is blocked you must have a side view on Drivers side, passenger side is optional.
Bondgreg is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:10 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
castorj29's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Redmond,Oregon
Posts: 579
In oregon,not needed as long as your back windows are not tinted.
castorj29 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #6
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
firehawk_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 4,241
Cool, thats how I read it, just wanted a second opinion. Thanks!
firehawk_1989 is offline   Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 16
never had any trouble without mirrors
jkiniowa is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:51 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 19
any more info on this? The dealer told me that mirrors were required... but he also told me my jeep had navigation.....which was totally incorrect.
WarDamn is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:49 AM   #9
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
firehawk_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 4,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDamn View Post
any more info on this? The dealer told me that mirrors were required... but he also told me my jeep had navigation.....which was totally incorrect.
I talked with a local officer. The law says you have to have one mirror with a clear view of the rear of the vehicle. So as long as you aren't towing a trailer or have anything else blocking your view, the windshield mounted rearview mirror is enough.

WarDamn, you didn't happen to buy you Jeep in the Quad Cities did you? My salesman was a moron, knew nothing about Jeeps. He told me they didn't make tinted soft top windows, to which I responded "like the ones on that one right there?" I quickly learned I knew much more about Jeeps than he did and didn't take anything he said seriously.
firehawk_1989 is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:06 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk_1989 View Post
I talked with a local officer. The law says you have to have one mirror with a clear view of the rear of the vehicle. So as long as you aren't towing a trailer or have anything else blocking your view, the windshield mounted rearview mirror is enough.

WarDamn, you didn't happen to buy you Jeep in the Quad Cities did you? My salesman was a moron, knew nothing about Jeeps. He told me they didn't make tinted soft top windows, to which I responded "like the ones on that one right there?" I quickly learned I knew much more about Jeeps than he did and didn't take anything he said seriously.

lol. yes. I bought it in the QC. The guy was an idiot. I didnt care though. I had done my research and knew what I wanted. I was able to convince him to give me a bunch more on my trade in than he originally proposed, so it worked out.

Thanks for the info!
WarDamn is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:12 AM   #11
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
firehawk_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 4,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDamn View Post

lol. yes. I bought it in the QC. The guy was an idiot. I didnt care though. I had done my research and knew what I wanted. I was able to convince him to give me a bunch more on my trade in than he originally proposed, so it worked out.

Thanks for the info!
That's hilarious. Wonder if we had the same guy.

firehawk_1989 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iowa Jeep Pictures! McGridDLe Iowa Jeep Forum 72 01-05-2013 09:51 PM
Jeep doors needed in Iowa Willow Creek Iowa Jeep Forum 4 04-20-2011 02:58 PM
New From Iowa kioti WF New Member Check In 11 04-05-2010 07:42 PM
New from Iowa Krusty_Zipper WF New Member Check In 12 12-18-2009 01:28 PM
Newb from Iowa mntnclmbr WF New Member Check In 6 03-21-2009 04:00 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC