Tire balancing help - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Connecticut Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 37,306
Anybody know of a good shop in CT, one that will spend the time and balance my tires.
Both shops I've been to, one gave up. Other said "those 35's are BIG and knobby", "there is no way your gonna get the perfect". Others won't attempt because they're "to big" lol..... I call bullshit. They just won't take the time to do it right.

1 tire shows excessive runout on the road force machine (spare) and 2 others are close (rears)
Vibes entire jeep on the highway

Considering Dyna Beads if I can't find a shop to balance my tires. Thinking this may be my best bet ??


CT peeps help me out here

kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Sueby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 1,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Anybody know of a good shop in CT, one that will spend the time and balance my tires.
Both shops I've been to, one gave up. Other said "those 35's are BIG and knobby", "there is no way your gonna get the perfect". Others won't attempt because they're "to big" lol..... I call bullshit. They just won't take the time to do it right.

1 tire shows excessive runout on the road force machine (spare) and 2 others are close (rears)
Vibes entire jeep on the highway

Considering Dyna Beads if I can't find a shop to balance my tires. Thinking this may be my best bet ??


CT peeps help me out here
Well that sucks. You can give Larry at Maple Tire in Vernon a call, I hear he is really, really good. Not sure he can do what you need, but he'll be honest with you and not waste your time if he can't & point you to someone that can.

(860) 872-6198

Good luck!

Sueby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 37,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sueby

Well that sucks. You can give Larry at Maple Tire in Vernon a call, I hear he is really, really good. Not sure he can do what you need, but he'll be honest with you and not waste your time if he can't & point you to someone that can.

(860) 872-6198

Good luck!
Sue thanks

Wish I had a tire balancer lol

I found Valley truck in Ellington. Totally forgot about them. They specialize in 4x4 work so 35's are small in their eyes lol.

What is the name of the place ?
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
wedu22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SECT
Posts: 1,015
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Anybody know of a good shop in CT, one that will spend the time and balance my tires.
Both shops I've been to, one gave up. Other said "those 35's are BIG and knobby", "there is no way your gonna get the perfect". Others won't attempt because they're "to big" lol..... I call bullshit. They just won't take the time to do it right.

1 tire shows excessive runout on the road force machine (spare) and 2 others are close (rears)
Vibes entire jeep on the highway

Considering Dyna Beads if I can't find a shop to balance my tires. Thinking this may be my best bet ??

CT peeps help me out here
Hey Ken,

- I know I sound like a broken record but is EVB in Danbury, 203.748.5700, an option for you...I would think they could do it
Extreme Vehicle Builders - Index Page
__________________
75k miles (6/28/13) 04 Sport, 4.0L 5spd, D44/30-186mm front, 31" Goodyear Wrangler MR/T
Alice the Beagle - "I wanna ride in the Jeep, I'll give you my bone."

- Semper Paratus
You know you drive a TJ when you have the parts for the mod, the right tools for the job, a BFH & still need a Sawzall to get the job done!
wedu22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
pauly21mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 62
As one other said maple in Vernon very good. Heavys in east Windsor also very good. Do equal in your tires, mine are badly worm and have been misstreated. They still run great down the hiway.
pauly21mc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #6
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 37,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly21mc
As one other said maple in Vernon very good. Heavys in east Windsor also very good. Do equal in your tires, mine are badly worm and have been misstreated. They still run great down the hiway.
Equal?

I called maples yesterday

Hopefully i can get in soon.
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #7
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Sueby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 1,769
Oh good - did they say they'd be able to help you? (Maple that is)
Sueby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #8
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 37,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sueby
Oh good - did they say they'd be able to help you? (Maple that is)
Hopefully. I have to make time to get in
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #9
Hardcore Jeeper
 
Peepers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Windsor, CT
Posts: 3,320
You could try petes tire barn in south windsor. their website lists commercial applications so they might have a ballence machine big enough.

Pete's Tire Barns - Please visit our South Windsor Connecticut Tire and Service Center
__________________
What have we got?
We have one heavily armed Recreational Vehicle


ΣΧ
The Power Tech 6
Peepers is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #10
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 37,306
Bull s**t

I have two tires that needed to be broken down and rotated on the rim. Still show excessive road force. Was able to balance to 0 but still wobbly. Tech says there is nothing I can do about it.
1 was done yesterday and I go back today for the other.
Will see how it drives after.

I asked about balancing beads but he was clueless.

Depending on how the jeep drives I might consider them still.
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #11
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Sueby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 1,769
Well that's a bummer.
Sueby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #12
Hardcore Jeeper
 
Peepers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Windsor, CT
Posts: 3,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sueby View Post
Well that's a bummer.
x2
__________________
What have we got?
We have one heavily armed Recreational Vehicle


ΣΧ
The Power Tech 6
Peepers is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #13
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
lee indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 5,276
why not use the balancing beads.

Tire Balancing Products
__________________



LeeIndy's Build Thread
lee indy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #14
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
lee indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 5,276
i have a set waiting for my next set of tires.
__________________



LeeIndy's Build Thread
lee indy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #15
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 37,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee indy
why not use the balancing beads.

Tire Balancing Products
I was ready to order them..

I had one more tire to road force. Since I show up at the end of the day, he went through all 5 again and rebalanced. I don't think he trusted the other tech.

Finally got them balanced. Not perfect but drivable on the highway finally

3 tires had to be broken down and rotated on the rim. 1 would not balance so we put that as the spare. 2 front are fine and 2 rear are "ok", balanced but not perfect.

I might still do the beads in the future so I won't have to worry about it again. What a pain is the ass...... Lol
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northeastern Connecticut
Posts: 516
Kjeeper, I'm running the dyna beads in my Harley V-Rod and they work amazingly well. I hate the look of wheel weights on nice rims. Will do the same when I switch to 33's on my Sahara wheels. Check the Innovative Balancing website, I'm fairly sure you can run them with your existing wheel weights to dail in your 35's. Hope this helps and your ride looks awesome how you have it set-up now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
I was ready to order them..

I had one more tire to road force. Since I show up at the end of the day, he went through all 5 again and rebalanced. I don't think he trusted the other tech.

Finally got them balanced. Not perfect but drivable on the highway finally

3 tires had to be broken down and rotated on the rim. 1 would not balance so we put that as the spare. 2 front are fine and 2 rear are "ok", balanced but not perfect.

I might still do the beads in the future so I won't have to worry about it again. What a pain is the ass...... Lol
SilverSahara is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #17
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 37,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09-SAHARA
Kjeeper, I'm running the dyna beads in my Harley V-Rod and they work amazingly well. I hate the look of wheel weights on nice rims. Will do the same when I switch to 33's on my Sahara wheels. Check the Innovative Balancing website, I'm fairly sure you can run them with your existing wheel weights to dail in your 35's. Hope this helps and your ride looks awesome how you have it set-up now!
Missed this

Thanks a lot.

They ride better but not perfect. I have looked into the Dyna beads,
the ones that you can load in through the valve stem.

kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northeastern Connecticut
Posts: 516
Check that site for the TPMS info if your stilll running them. If so you might have to break the bead to throw them in...

Let us know how they work out on the taller tires.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Missed this

Thanks a lot.

They ride better but not perfect. I have looked into the Dyna beads,
the ones that you can load in through the valve stem.

SilverSahara is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #19
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
lee indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 5,276
i have 4 8 0z packs for off road tires if anybody wants them.
__________________



LeeIndy's Build Thread
lee indy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #20
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Ibuildembig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fruitland, Missouri
Posts: 8,483
^^^whatcha want for um?
Ibuildembig is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #21
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 37,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09-SAHARA
Check that site for the TPMS info if your stilll running them. If so you might have to break the bead to throw them in...

Let us know how they work out on the taller tires.
No TPMS 07
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northeastern Connecticut
Posts: 516
Even better! It's overkill anyway, buy a dang pressure gage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
No TPMS 07
SilverSahara is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #23
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 37,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09-SAHARA
Even better! It's overkill anyway, buy a dang pressure gage...
Lol

Or a Procal

kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
93 Wrangler radio wiring help djwrangler YJ Tech Forum 7 02-16-2014 12:29 PM
Need help on Ebrake cable on 8.8 DaveVmax YJ Tech Forum 8 04-08-2012 11:29 PM
computer problems please help jagerdaddy YJ Tech Forum 2 04-08-2012 09:59 PM
Hard top rear window help Dantranchina YJ Tech Forum 2 04-08-2012 05:43 PM
HELP! tj won't start flyingmythos TJ General Discussion Forum 5 04-08-2012 01:51 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC