Just found out about this!
"Jeepin' For The Cause"-2012
Willimantic Police Department
Its back! Our ever popular Jeepin' Off Road Charity Event!
Read below to get in on this limited attendance event.
Our land use permit is limited so first come-first serve.
"Jeepin' for the Cause"
ATTN: JEEP OWNERS
Capitol Chrysler Dodge Jeep is having it's 7th annual Jeep Trail Event to be held on
Saturday, April 21st, 2012, rain or shine. The event is open to all Jeep owners and their friends and family. This year's charitable event will support the Willimantic Police Department. A $75.00 (or more if desired) donation covers vehicle and riders. This fun filled event would include an agenda as follows:
· Gather at Capitol's facility parking lot between 8:30 AM & 9:00 AM for sign in, registration, and coffee and doughnuts
· A presentation on four wheeling basics, safety, and environmental issues will be provided by George Thompson, and Rick Reale, our trail guides at 9:00 AM
· Participants will be provided a road map to follow at their own pace which outlines the road trip to either Nipmuk state forest in Union Ct., or Pachaug state forest in Plainfield Ct .
· There will be a strict land use permit limit for only 25 Jeeps per trail.
Pre- registration will guarantee a spot in the event, so please sign up early.
· Road/trail trip departs at 10:00 AM and should last approximately 3 hrs
· Trail guides, George Thompson, Rick Reale, and friends will assist the group and guide us through both forests.
· Road trip returns to Capitol's facility around 1:30 PM
· Participants can enjoy free barbecue, refreshments, live music, and raffle prizes, donated by Capitol Garage Jeep.
· Event concludes around 4:00 PM. Participants can depart at their leisure.
Mail Check for $75.00 (or more) Payable To:
"Willimantic Police Department"
Mail or deliver to:
Capitol Garage Jeep
1520 West Main Street
Willimantic, Ct. 06226
If you have any questions, please call or e-mail me at:
This should be a fun family event that can be enjoyed by all ages. There is no need for any trail experience, as your Jeep vehicle is very trail worthy, and our guides will assist you where needed. Our trail guide volunteers have trimmed back the trail to prevent paint abrasions to your Jeep. If you attended previous Capitol Jeepin' events, then you know how much fun this all day event can be. If you have never seen what your Jeep is capable of, this is the time to find out. All trail passage is done at a walking pace with respect for the environment.
Enrollment will be on a "first come-first serve" basis. This event has a limited possible attendance, so don't delay. Sign up soon to guarantee your participation. After all, if it does rain, it would only make the ride more fun!
Please pass this on to any of your Jeep friends who would like to attend. This is the largest Jeep gathering in this area. Don't miss this event-sign up early! I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Rudy Pizzoferrato-Service Director
Serv. Director Capitol CDJ Inc.
Pres. Chrysler S&P Guild