Feel good story - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > New Jersey Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
mcw320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 185
Cool Feel good story

So yesterday myself and bluesmokey headed out into the pines once again with acouple of friends and took some pretty sweet trails, we got stuck acouple of times but pulled each other out. We were there for acouple of hours when we finaly decided to head home it was dark and we came across a Kia RIO stuck and debated weither or not to pull him out. Luckily it was unlocked and chris(bluesmokey) jumped in put it in nuetral and it was easily towed out. After we opened up the doors and let the water drain from the interior we turned the key and remarkably it started right up. We opened up the glove box and there was a name and an adress on the registration card, we decided to drop it off at the guys house. When we got there the guy couldnt have been more thankful. I attached some pictures below.

But I'll never quiet understand what made him offroad in the Kia Rio.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo[1].JPG
Views:	41
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	68499   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo[2].JPG
Views:	39
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	68500  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo[3].JPG
Views:	35
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	68501   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo[4].JPG
Views:	33
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	68502  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo[5].JPG
Views:	34
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	68503  

mcw320 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Jp90Talon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 3,137
Hmm car left in the woods with doors unlocked and keys in it......sounds like you ruined his insurance claim!

__________________
Jp90Talon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
That99SaharaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern AL
Posts: 614
You should post up pics of the trailing you did in the Jeep!
__________________
...And then sometimes you just gotta break out the grinder and let the sparks fly.
That99SaharaGuy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
C.L.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North NJ
Posts: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by That99SaharaGuy View Post
You should post up pics of the trailing you did in the Jeep!
You should post up pics of the trailing you did in that Rio before giving it back to the guy!
C.L. is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Nottusyeroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: wall
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcw320
So yesterday myself and bluesmokey headed out into the pines once again with acouple of friends and took some pretty sweet trails, we got stuck acouple of times but pulled each other out. We were there for acouple of hours when we finaly decided to head home it was dark and we came across a Kia RIO stuck and debated weither or not to pull him out. Luckily it was unlocked and chris(bluesmokey) jumped in put it in nuetral and it was easily towed out. After we opened up the doors and let the water drain from the interior we turned the key and remarkably it started right up. We opened up the glove box and there was a name and an adress on the registration card, we decided to drop it off at the guys house. When we got there the guy couldnt have been more thankful. I attached some pictures below.

But I'll never quiet understand what made him offroad in the Kia Rio.
Don't you know Kia Rios are like the ultimate 4x4s there unstoppable haha
Nottusyeroc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
srad600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MTL, NJ
Posts: 1,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcw320 View Post
So yesterday myself and bluesmokey headed out into the pines once again with acouple of friends and took some pretty sweet trails, we got stuck acouple of times but pulled each other out. We were there for acouple of hours when we finaly decided to head home it was dark and we came across a Kia RIO stuck and debated weither or not to pull him out. Luckily it was unlocked and chris(bluesmokey) jumped in put it in nuetral and it was easily towed out. After we opened up the doors and let the water drain from the interior we turned the key and remarkably it started right up. We opened up the glove box and there was a name and an adress on the registration card, we decided to drop it off at the guys house. When we got there the guy couldnt have been more thankful. I attached some pictures below.

But I'll never quiet understand what made him offroad in the Kia Rio.
Sounds like a crazy story, wish I had been there. Thats nuts tho, whole thing sounds odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp90Talon View Post
Hmm car left in the woods with doors unlocked and keys in it......sounds like you ruined his insurance claim!

Exactly what my wife(still cant used to saying that) said when I read it to her.
srad600 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #7
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Jp90Talon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 3,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nottusyeroc View Post
Don't you know Kia Rios are like the ultimate 4x4s there unstoppable haha
These guys agree! (dont watch the vid past 30 sec...)


!
__________________
Jp90Talon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
mcw320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 185
Heres the video from that night:


mcw320 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tire horror story Trad YJ General Discussion Forum 4 09-18-2011 12:08 PM
Is this a good buy? bighog85 YJ General Discussion Forum 10 07-18-2011 07:09 PM
good times at IHOP.... khenderson Off-Topic 30 06-23-2011 11:48 PM
Is this a good buy? '78 CJ-5 $3000 steveshra CJ General Discussion Forum 41 08-25-2007 01:12 PM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC