Hows wheeling in the pine barrens? - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > New Jersey Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Tella914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
Hows wheeling in the pine barrens?

Im from ny and i just heard of people going to the barrens to wheel is it worth the drive from ny

Tella914 is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
FuzzyJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 210
check out the NJ forum on here to get some pics and ideas but its really alot of sugar sand if it has rained some deep water its alot of fun anything from easy trails to flooding your jeep out flooded trails (most do have go arounds as well) if its worth the drive or not i dont know they do have camping it would be a fun weekend. i live about 5 minutes so im spoiled :P

FuzzyJK is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
8figgas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Jersey Shore<> Rausch Creek
Posts: 310
If your into "Puddle Jumping" its perfect.
__________________
I Stay clear of Posers, Puddle Jumpers & Catalog Cruisers!
8figgas is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:53 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
99_tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: N Cali by way of Philly
Posts: 174
If you go, don't shoot a Russian, then get lost chasing him in the snow...


Hahaha!!!!!
__________________
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
99_tj is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Smythe86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_tj View Post
If you go, don't shoot a Russian, then get lost chasing him in the snow...

Hahaha!!!!!
Hahah love that episode
Smythe86 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Smythe86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyJK View Post
check out the NJ forum on here to get some pics and ideas but its really alot of sugar sand if it has rained some deep water its alot of fun anything from easy trails to flooding your jeep out flooded trails (most do have go arounds as well) if its worth the drive or not i dont know they do have camping it would be a fun weekend. i live about 5 minutes so im spoiled :P
Yea I live in manahawkin. It's pretty nice
Smythe86 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Gixxer86g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Lost Valley of Manville NJ
Posts: 643
I heard there's a lot of environmental terrorism there. (aka hippies sabotaging trails)
__________________
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…” -Hunter S. Thompson
Gixxer86g is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Smythe86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer86g View Post
I heard there's a lot of environmental terrorism there. (aka hippies sabotaging trails)
Wouldn't surprise me. But the trails are decent and some easy going. And they're very obvious
Smythe86 is offline   Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Bigjaybo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tella914 View Post
Im from ny and i just heard of people going to the barrens to wheel is it worth the drive from ny
Very sandy, but fun! I've never had my Jeep there, just my Tundra I traded for the Jeep. I'm sure it's way more fun in a Jeep!
Bigjaybo is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Smythe86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjaybo View Post

Very sandy, but fun! I've never had my Jeep there, just my Tundra I traded for the Jeep. I'm sure it's way more fun in a Jeep!
Yes it is
Smythe86 is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
audi 4A wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Warminster, PA
Posts: 246
It's a good spot with many entrances and miles of trails to explore. Careful for that jersey sinker mud. Some spots can be pretty deep and thick

audi 4A wrangler is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC