Jeeping for Jay. December 19, 2010 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > New Jersey Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Forked River, NJ
Posts: 291
Send a message via AIM to MudTJ
Jeeping for Jay. December 19, 2010

This will be part one of a two part event one in December and one in the spring.

Jason Males or JeepJay90 as he was know on the forums was an Ocean Gate Police Officer he had just finished a drunken driving patrol and was returning home at 3 a.m. Thanksgiving morning when his Jeep Cherokee was struck by a man later charged with DUI, killing him just 22 minutes after his shift ended.

We will be collection donations for his 5-year-old daughter, Taryn, and a 4-year-old son, Landon. His local PBA has started a Marles' children's college fund and donations can be made to
PBA Local No. 352
P.O. Box 562
Island Heights, NJ 08732.


We will be meeting at 9am here: Good Luck Rd. Forked River, NJ

And departing at 9:30am.

Trails will be doable in any stock 4wd vehicle, but there will be things for everyone to enjoy.

Afterward we will be going to Ocean Gate to where he worked and going to the Anchor Inn

Hope to see a good turn out and please post up if you plan on going so we can get a head count.

__________________
www.njjeep.org
MudTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
M_
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,009
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudTJ
This will be part one of a two part event one in December and one in the spring.

Jason Males or JeepJay90 as he was know on the forums was an Ocean Gate Police Officer he had just finished a drunken driving patrol and was returning home at 3 a.m. Thanksgiving morning when his Jeep Cherokee was struck by a man later charged with DUI, killing him just 22 minutes after his shift ended.

We will be collection donations for his 5-year-old daughter, Taryn, and a 4-year-old son, Landon. His local PBA has started a Marles' children's college fund and donations can be made to
PBA Local No. 352
P.O. Box 562
Island Heights, NJ 08732.

We will be meeting at 9am here: Good Luck Rd. Forked River, NJ

And departing at 9:30am.

Trails will be doable in any stock 4wd vehicle, but there will be things for everyone to enjoy.

Afterward we will be going to Ocean Gate to where he worked and going to the Anchor Inn

Hope to see a good turn out and please post up if you plan on going so we can get a head count.
When is the spring event?!?!?!

M_ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-24-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Forked River, NJ
Posts: 291
Send a message via AIM to MudTJ
Haven't official planned anything yet, but I was friends with Jay as well. He was also on our local forum.
__________________
www.njjeep.org
MudTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-24-2011, 11:21 PM   #4
M_
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,009
Images: 1
Well like I said please keep me informed... I'd really like to help anyway I can. knew him fairly well as kids and ran into him at the gym a year or so ago when I was out that way... Visiting my parents. Are you from the same area as Jay?
M_ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2011, 10:33 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Forked River, NJ
Posts: 291
Send a message via AIM to MudTJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_McQuade View Post
Well like I said please keep me informed... I'd really like to help anyway I can. knew him fairly well as kids and ran into him at the gym a year or so ago when I was out that way... Visiting my parents. Are you from the same area as Jay?

Yeah he was a cop in the town near me.
__________________
www.njjeep.org
MudTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #6
M_
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,009
Images: 1
Ocean gate right? I grew up with him in bayville
M_ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Forked River, NJ
Posts: 291
Send a message via AIM to MudTJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_McQuade View Post
Ocean gate right? I grew up with him in bayville

Yeah and I live in Bayville now.
__________________
www.njjeep.org
MudTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #8
M_
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,009
Images: 1
Where in bayville? I grew up on mill creek drive

M_ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECALL 2010 Dodge Nitro, Dodge Ram, Jeep Liberty and Jeep Wrangler PTaylor General Jeep Discussion 1 12-15-2010 08:06 PM
WOHVA Monthly Update...December '10 deadhead Wisconsin Jeep Forum 2 12-02-2010 10:37 PM
Lifetime warranty for 2010 ? yuri JK General Discussion Forum 9 09-18-2009 03:21 PM
Chryseler Announces Prices for 2010 Geoff@Bestop Off-Topic 13 08-21-2009 12:10 AM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC