NJ regs - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > New Jersey Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today



Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
MuddUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Louisiana... for now
Posts: 100
MuddUSA is on a distinguished road
NJ regs

I'm moving back home to jersey and i need to know some regs on the fender flare requirements, lift and tilt scale requirements for when i get inspected and what not. And anything else anybody could let me know. I haven't been home for a few years. If anybody could send me a link to there actual reg site so i could print it out if i get pulled over i'd really appreciate it.
MuddUSA is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
MuddUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Louisiana... for now
Posts: 100
MuddUSA is on a distinguished road

MuddUSA is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Atco, NJ
Posts: 60
dennis461 is on a distinguished road
two inspections

You have to schedule the high lift inspection.
Then go to the regular inspection with your paperwork to get the emissions testing done.

Apparantly there is a time limit on regular inspections so they have to process that quickly.

I almost didn't go back for the high lift.
My flares are dirt ugly, pop riveted on, and the mud flaps are two rubber floor mats.

passed in Ancora Station.
dennis461 is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Tal419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Posts: 146
Tal419 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis461
You have to schedule the high lift inspection.
Then go to the regular inspection with your paperwork to get the emissions testing done.

Apparantly there is a time limit on regular inspections so they have to process that quickly.

I almost didn't go back for the high lift.
My flares are dirt ugly, pop riveted on, and the mud flaps are two rubber floor mats.

passed in Ancora Station.
What is the height limit before having to do the tilt test? I have a 4.5" lift with 33's and I didn't have to do anything but an emissions test for my NJ inspection. I was told they no longer do the safety inspection in NJ.
Tal419 is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
JeeperRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 280
JeeperRob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal419 View Post
What is the height limit before having to do the tilt test? I have a 4.5" lift with 33's and I didn't have to do anything but an emissions test for my NJ inspection. I was told they no longer do the safety inspection in NJ.
Same here i went thru the regular inspection
JeeperRob is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
MuddUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Louisiana... for now
Posts: 100
MuddUSA is on a distinguished road
When I get back home i'm just gona go to their damn office and get a copy of there damn regs. Its impossible to find this shit on the internet vs what they actually do in some areas.
MuddUSA is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
TJallday97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 212
TJallday97 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddUSA
When I get back home i'm just gona go to their damn office and get a copy of there damn regs. Its impossible to find this shit on the internet vs what they actually do in some areas.
As far as fender flares you have to have less than 1in of tire sticking out and lift I believe is 24 or 28in from the bottom of your door to the ground....but I'm pretty sure that you don't have to do tilt test anymore all you need is emissions
TJallday97 is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
C.L.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North NJ
Posts: 2,430
C.L. is on a distinguished road
Go at 4:30 on a Friday. I rolled in there on 35x12.5 MTs, lifted 5", with stock flares and no mud flaps. They hooked it up to the OBD reader for a couple minutes and slapped a sticker on it.
C.L. is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
C.L.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North NJ
Posts: 2,430
C.L. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJallday97 View Post
I believe is 24 or 28in from the bottom of your door to the ground.
Also, my doors are level with the tops of my tires (35"), and they didn't say anything about it.
C.L. is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
MuddUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Louisiana... for now
Posts: 100
MuddUSA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.L. View Post
Go at 4:30 on a Friday. I rolled in there on 35x12.5 MTs, lifted 5", with stock flares and no mud flaps. They hooked it up to the OBD reader for a couple minutes and slapped a sticker on it.
lol. best bet.
MuddUSA is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
BadMojo11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ
Posts: 237
BadMojo11 is on a distinguished road
There is no mechanical inspection anymore. Only emissions. If you are EXTREMELY unlucky they might say you need to go to a tilt test. Ive got 5 inches of lift on 35s and the emissions guy (older) could BARELY even get in my jeep and he didn't send me to a tilt test. You guys are way over thinking this.

Also, my tires are 14.5 inches wide and stick out way past my extended flares. No trouble ever.

But again, NO MORE MECHANICAL/SAFETY inspection in NJ.

__________________
92 YJ. 2.5 (temporarily) 5spd. 5" lift. 35"x14.5" Super Swamper Thornbirds.
BadMojo11 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC