South Jersey hookup thread - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > New Jersey Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-01-2014, 01:59 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
joeyzac45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mt. Laurel, South Jersey
Posts: 53
South Jersey hookup thread

Hey guys thought I'd get one going for us as well...planning on my first Rausch trip in February if anyone's interested or has any tips good places to stay/eat etc

__________________
2012 JK Sahara 6spd manual trans -- 2" Rancho Sport System Lift with RS9000XL Shocks -- 33x12.5x15 Wrangler Duratracs -- Volant CAI -- Barricade Bumper
joeyzac45 is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:11 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 45
Comfort inn usually has a special rate if you mention RC

BIGTom is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:40 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
workshop4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 273
Tips:

- Bring snacks and something to drink. You'll be hungry out there....

- Track where you go on a map (they provide them at the desk). This helps to keep you from getting lost and more importantly will help you find your way back to any good spots you find that you'd like to revisit. When I did the 101 course I hit some cool trails that I still haven't found again, because I never marked where we went.

- The NE property costs a little extra cash as opposed to just staying on the south and west properties. All of the properties have good spots and are worth seeing, but not all in one day. You won't find yourself running out of trails in whichever area you choose (S+W or NE), so just decide on a route and go. Just hit a different area the next time you go to Rausch. This is just my opinion, some people will tell you to spend 1/2 a day in NE. I just prefer to spend more time on trails and less time moving between the areas.

- Keep an eye on the clock at the end of the day. It takes about an hour or more to get from the far corners of the park back to the parking lot. Although you'll probably be ok if it gets dark, the risk of damaging something at night is a lot higher.

- Read the signs. You might find that the blue trail that looks easy at the beginning has a sign calling it "the hardest blue in the park". They aren't lying. LOL. They also have labels on "most" of the deep waterholes that can get you into trouble. Most of the stuff on the green trails is relatively shallow/passable. On the blues it can get deep quick....
workshop4ever is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:42 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
workshop4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 273
I would give you food and stay tips, but I've always driven home after my trips. The only place I've stopped to eat is the "Mustang Tavern", mostly because I happen to own a mustang and the wife thought it was neat. Although it wasn't bad, I don't know that it's "recommendable". LOL
workshop4ever is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
joeyzac45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mt. Laurel, South Jersey
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by workshop4ever View Post
Tips: - Bring snacks and something to drink. You'll be hungry out there.... - Track where you go on a map (they provide them at the desk). This helps to keep you from getting lost and more importantly will help you find your way back to any good spots you find that you'd like to revisit. When I did the 101 course I hit some cool trails that I still haven't found again, because I never marked where we went. - The NE property costs a little extra cash as opposed to just staying on the south and west properties. All of the properties have good spots and are worth seeing, but not all in one day. You won't find yourself running out of trails in whichever area you choose (S+W or NE), so just decide on a route and go. Just hit a different area the next time you go to Rausch. This is just my opinion, some people will tell you to spend 1/2 a day in NE. I just prefer to spend more time on trails and less time moving between the areas. - Keep an eye on the clock at the end of the day. It takes about an hour or more to get from the far corners of the park back to the parking lot. Although you'll probably be ok if it gets dark, the risk of damaging something at night is a lot higher. - Read the signs. You might find that the blue trail that looks easy at the beginning has a sign calling it "the hardest blue in the park". They aren't lying. LOL. They also have labels on "most" of the deep waterholes that can get you into trouble. Most of the stuff on the green trails is relatively shallow/passable. On the blues it can get deep quick....
Awesome thx for the write up!
__________________
2012 JK Sahara 6spd manual trans -- 2" Rancho Sport System Lift with RS9000XL Shocks -- 33x12.5x15 Wrangler Duratracs -- Volant CAI -- Barricade Bumper
joeyzac45 is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:02 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
srad600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tabernacle, NJ
Posts: 1,771
Joey,

Id be in for the trip. I have a small group I usually go with (the good rover guy not the douche I txt ya about lol). Ill need a lil notice though because I start a new job next week.

Lets def work it out. I love to go.
__________________
The Budget Brawler. AKA Berta
97 sport 4.0 5 spd
6" Long arm 35" MTRs
HP30-Eaton E locker D44-Detroit locker-4.88 Ten Factory Chromo shafts.
KC/Hella, Engo 12k, LED rock lights, "train" horns, Home made-Hand Throttle, OBA, Etc etc.
srad600 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:43 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Crash98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Williamstown
Posts: 138
The comfort inn in Pine Grove is a nice place to stay with a nice continental breakfast in the morning. Tell them you are a Rausch Creek member and its $62.50 a night. They also have a indoor pool. The Scholl Family restaurant in Pine Grove has a buffet Friday and Saturday nights and the owners are extremely friendly to out of towners. The Town of Pine Grove is about 10 to 15 minutes away.
Crash98 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:16 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
3PedalMINI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 599
Im down for a trip!
__________________
Save The Manuals!

2014 JKU-R Copperhead
My build thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/3pe...ad-354434.html
3PedalMINI is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
joeyzac45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mt. Laurel, South Jersey
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI View Post
Im down for a trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by srad600 View Post
Joey,

Id be in for the trip. I have a small group I usually go with (the good rover guy not the douche I txt ya about lol). Ill need a lil notice though because I start a new job next week.

Lets def work it out. I love to go.
Awesome. Ill give you all a heads up as soon as we pick a date. Probably will know by the end of MLK weekend...til then I think Wharton may be calling a couple more times
__________________
2012 JK Sahara 6spd manual trans -- 2" Rancho Sport System Lift with RS9000XL Shocks -- 33x12.5x15 Wrangler Duratracs -- Volant CAI -- Barricade Bumper
joeyzac45 is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:55 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Forked River, NJ
Posts: 331
Send a message via AIM to MudTJ
We were out there for New Years was lots of fun: NEW JERSEY JEEP ASSOCIATION
MudTJ is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:40 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
joeyzac45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mt. Laurel, South Jersey
Posts: 53
^^^ awesome pics can't wait to get up there
__________________
2012 JK Sahara 6spd manual trans -- 2" Rancho Sport System Lift with RS9000XL Shocks -- 33x12.5x15 Wrangler Duratracs -- Volant CAI -- Barricade Bumper
joeyzac45 is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:58 AM   #12
Newb
 
Movers201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 13
Sound like fun to me, i'm in .
Keep us update on a date
__________________
2014 JKU Rubi
Movers201 is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:58 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
TGJ01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 638
I'm in for Rausch now that I have my spare, and im always up for a Wharton run.
TGJ01 is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:50 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
srad600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tabernacle, NJ
Posts: 1,771
Joey...

My new work puts the schedule out like 2 weeks in advance so try and give me lots of notice for when you wanna go to rc.
__________________
The Budget Brawler. AKA Berta
97 sport 4.0 5 spd
6" Long arm 35" MTRs
HP30-Eaton E locker D44-Detroit locker-4.88 Ten Factory Chromo shafts.
KC/Hella, Engo 12k, LED rock lights, "train" horns, Home made-Hand Throttle, OBA, Etc etc.
srad600 is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:32 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
joeyzac45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mt. Laurel, South Jersey
Posts: 53
Yea man you got it. Gonna figure it out this weekend. I'll post it up as soon as we pick a date.
__________________
2012 JK Sahara 6spd manual trans -- 2" Rancho Sport System Lift with RS9000XL Shocks -- 33x12.5x15 Wrangler Duratracs -- Volant CAI -- Barricade Bumper
joeyzac45 is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:55 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
srad600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tabernacle, NJ
Posts: 1,771
If you need D rings or straps let me know...

New job sells em and I get a lil discount. :-)
__________________
The Budget Brawler. AKA Berta
97 sport 4.0 5 spd
6" Long arm 35" MTRs
HP30-Eaton E locker D44-Detroit locker-4.88 Ten Factory Chromo shafts.
KC/Hella, Engo 12k, LED rock lights, "train" horns, Home made-Hand Throttle, OBA, Etc etc.
srad600 is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:11 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
joeyzac45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mt. Laurel, South Jersey
Posts: 53
Rausch Creek feb 22nd
__________________
2012 JK Sahara 6spd manual trans -- 2" Rancho Sport System Lift with RS9000XL Shocks -- 33x12.5x15 Wrangler Duratracs -- Volant CAI -- Barricade Bumper
joeyzac45 is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:04 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
srad600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tabernacle, NJ
Posts: 1,771
Im in.

Ill request off tomorrow! Thanks for the notice sir!

If you have anything you need to get done before then and need the lift/garage or help just txt me!
__________________
The Budget Brawler. AKA Berta
97 sport 4.0 5 spd
6" Long arm 35" MTRs
HP30-Eaton E locker D44-Detroit locker-4.88 Ten Factory Chromo shafts.
KC/Hella, Engo 12k, LED rock lights, "train" horns, Home made-Hand Throttle, OBA, Etc etc.
srad600 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:34 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
Ngin40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 47
I'm new to the Jeep world and was wondering if my 2013 JKU Sahara stock no upgrades could handle Wharton state Forrest. It's my every day drive but I would like to hit some trails, I'm just a little intimidated.
__________________
2013 Sahara Wrangler Unlimited. Stock no upgrades yet
Ngin40 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:22 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
joeyzac45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mt. Laurel, South Jersey
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngin40 View Post
I'm new to the Jeep world and was wondering if my 2013 JKU Sahara stock no upgrades could handle Wharton state Forrest. It's my every day drive but I would like to hit some trails, I'm just a little intimidated.
Lots of folks go out stock and most of the time there is a go around for anything you may not feel comfortable attempting
__________________
2012 JK Sahara 6spd manual trans -- 2" Rancho Sport System Lift with RS9000XL Shocks -- 33x12.5x15 Wrangler Duratracs -- Volant CAI -- Barricade Bumper
joeyzac45 is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
Murrow0607's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngin40 View Post
I'm new to the Jeep world and was wondering if my 2013 JKU Sahara stock no upgrades could handle Wharton state Forrest. It's my every day drive but I would like to hit some trails, I'm just a little intimidated.
You wouldn't have an issue at all with a stock jk. Like said before there are go around for most big puddles. As long as you follow someone and use their bumper to guide you you'll be fine. Now I was out there like 2 weeks ago and there's def quite a crap load of thick ice chunks in these puddles. Ended up with a few scratches from the ice that'll buff out. So if that'll bother wait till it warms. Other than that trails are wide so your jk will (most-likely) leave scratch free.
Murrow0607 is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:16 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
Ngin40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow0607 View Post
You wouldn't have an issue at all with a stock jk. Like said before there are go around for most big puddles. As long as you follow someone and use their bumper to guide you you'll be fine. Now I was out there like 2 weeks ago and there's def quite a crap load of thick ice chunks in these puddles. Ended up with a few scratches from the ice that'll buff out. So if that'll bother wait till it warms. Other than that trails are wide so your jk will (most-likely) leave scratch free.
Thanks for the advice guys. Gonna be heading out tomorrow with a couple more experienced buddies. We are meeting at atsion rec center 1030am if anyone else wants in
__________________
2013 Sahara Wrangler Unlimited. Stock no upgrades yet
Ngin40 is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:42 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
srad600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tabernacle, NJ
Posts: 1,771
Damn didnt see this till just not and cant make it there on short notice.


FWIW not all the trails are wide and you can find your self on one thats getting tight fast if your not alert.
__________________
The Budget Brawler. AKA Berta
97 sport 4.0 5 spd
6" Long arm 35" MTRs
HP30-Eaton E locker D44-Detroit locker-4.88 Ten Factory Chromo shafts.
KC/Hella, Engo 12k, LED rock lights, "train" horns, Home made-Hand Throttle, OBA, Etc etc.
srad600 is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
Ngin40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by srad600 View Post
Damn didnt see this till just not and cant make it there on short notice.


FWIW not all the trails are wide and you can find your self on one thats getting tight fast if your not alert.


Had some fun we got stuck a few times, its to hard to tell how deep stuff is with the ice covering everything
__________________
2013 Sahara Wrangler Unlimited. Stock no upgrades yet
Ngin40 is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:02 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
Ngin40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 47
Click image for larger version

Name:	4 wheeling 004 - Copy.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	715097

This is one of us getting stuck
__________________
2013 Sahara Wrangler Unlimited. Stock no upgrades yet
Ngin40 is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:32 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
srad600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tabernacle, NJ
Posts: 1,771
I found out today Im having some troubles with my TJ anyway. Some that NEED to be taken care of before RC next month so shes coming "off the road" for a few weeks.
__________________
The Budget Brawler. AKA Berta
97 sport 4.0 5 spd
6" Long arm 35" MTRs
HP30-Eaton E locker D44-Detroit locker-4.88 Ten Factory Chromo shafts.
KC/Hella, Engo 12k, LED rock lights, "train" horns, Home made-Hand Throttle, OBA, Etc etc.
srad600 is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:58 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Atco, NJ
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngin40 View Post
Attachment 715097

This is one of us getting stuck
OMG you brought a snow shovel
dennis461 is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:39 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
srad600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tabernacle, NJ
Posts: 1,771
Go Prepared!
__________________
The Budget Brawler. AKA Berta
97 sport 4.0 5 spd
6" Long arm 35" MTRs
HP30-Eaton E locker D44-Detroit locker-4.88 Ten Factory Chromo shafts.
KC/Hella, Engo 12k, LED rock lights, "train" horns, Home made-Hand Throttle, OBA, Etc etc.
srad600 is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:29 AM   #29
Newb
 
06unlmtdNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 5
We purchased a 2006 wangler unlimited TJ and my son put a cheap lift on it (3") and it now drives like a piece of crap. They removed factory springs and replaced with a slinky. Does anyone know of a mechanic in central NJ (Red Bank) or southern NJ that could take a look at this and repair? I'd like to place a better lift on it.
06unlmtdNJ is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
Ngin40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 47
No Excuses, Inc.
16 Front Street
New Egypt, NJ. 08533
800-923-JEEP.com

__________________
2013 Sahara Wrangler Unlimited. Stock no upgrades yet
Ngin40 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC