Philadelphia suburbs - Page 5 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-01-2014, 10:37 PM   #121
Jeeper
 
Wh33lin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeBlois View Post
Can across trails that run the power lines near Valley forge today. Had plans so I didn't venture, but I'm sure it's off limits anyways.

No markers that I could see saying no entrance though.

Thoughts?
Im of the mind that unless you know for sure it's legal than no-go. It's a hard hobby owning a Jeep.

Wh33lin is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:59 PM   #122
Jeeper
 
CarolinaBound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Langhorne, PA
Posts: 1,505
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeBlois View Post
Can across trails that run the power lines near Valley forge today. Had plans so I didn't venture, but I'm sure it's off limits anyways.

No markers that I could see saying no entrance though.

Thoughts?
I have my power lines trails in Jersey that have become my go to spot. The locals said they've been going back for years. Usually we run across guys on ATV's and last time another wrangler with an FJ. I saw somewhere on here that the companies actually own a 50 foot diameter around the base of the towers.

Regardless I've been back plenty of times and there are no stories of people getting busted (unlike Penndel). Also have 3 entrances so if things did ever get sketchy you have a way to slip out. I'd say go for it. I'll be down for a run soon ish. Just gotta track down this mystery noise. Unfortunately I think it's all in the tranny

__________________
Poverty/College Budget 2004 TJ 2.5" RC coils, 1.25" BL, M95 shocks 4.5" up 4.75" down travel front, 4.7" up, 5.3" down rear

Live around Philly or south Jersey? Come wheeling or wrenching! Look in here \/\/\/
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f97/phi...o-1129778.html
CarolinaBound is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:25 AM   #123
Jeeper
 
OverkillYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBound View Post

I have my power lines trails in Jersey that have become my go to spot. The locals said they've been going back for years. Usually we run across guys on ATV's and last time another wrangler with an FJ. I saw somewhere on here that the companies actually own a 50 foot diameter around the base of the towers.

Regardless I've been back plenty of times and there are no stories of people getting busted (unlike Penndel). Also have 3 entrances so if things did ever get sketchy you have a way to slip out. I'd say go for it. I'll be down for a run soon ish. Just gotta track down this mystery noise. Unfortunately I think it's all in the tranny
X2. The only way I worry is if I am within sight of the road, or earshot with a residential area nearby. You need someone to call in order for the cops to come. The cops usually don't care one bit and think it looks like fun, if they even respond. And always keep track of other ways in and out.
__________________
Complete rebuild axle/engine/everything swap in progress:
Parts already gathered for assembly: 2001 Ford 302, 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 ECU and wiring, NP435, NP205, Pair of axles from 04' F350 SuperDuty (Sterling 10.5 Posi rear, Dana 60HP Front-Both Disk Brakes 3.73 Gears), 37" H1 Tires, 9" lift TJ Coils for 2 link conversion in front, Stage 2 Clutch Kit, 3 Row Aluminum Radiator, Chevy Astro Steering box (4" front Stretch), XJ Rear Leaf Springs (6" Rear Stretch), and lots more.
OverkillYJ is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:19 AM   #124
Jeeper
 
WallyGator215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Willow Grove, Pa
Posts: 192
Images: 1
Hoping to ride these trails one day. I never been to pendell or Bristol spot. Been to Wharton once but that's it in jersey. Can't wait for spring
__________________
l_OlllllllO_l
WallyGator215 is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #125
Jeeper
 
Apalovcak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyGator215 View Post
Hoping to ride these trails one day. I never been to pendell or Bristol spot. Been to Wharton once but that's it in jersey. Can't wait for spring
X2 on spring
Apalovcak is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #126
Jeeper
 
OverkillYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,904
Anyone looking to off-road on Saturday? No rookies
__________________
Complete rebuild axle/engine/everything swap in progress:
Parts already gathered for assembly: 2001 Ford 302, 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 ECU and wiring, NP435, NP205, Pair of axles from 04' F350 SuperDuty (Sterling 10.5 Posi rear, Dana 60HP Front-Both Disk Brakes 3.73 Gears), 37" H1 Tires, 9" lift TJ Coils for 2 link conversion in front, Stage 2 Clutch Kit, 3 Row Aluminum Radiator, Chevy Astro Steering box (4" front Stretch), XJ Rear Leaf Springs (6" Rear Stretch), and lots more.
OverkillYJ is offline   Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #127
Jeeper
 
WatchUr6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Outside Philadelphia
Posts: 159
Anyone heading out Sunday 12/28?
__________________
"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?" - George Carlin
WatchUr6 is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:27 AM   #128
Jeeper
 
momo_YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Essington
Posts: 164
Watsup guys new jeeper from Tinicum. Just rescued a 92 YJ fourbanger a working progress not ready for wheeling yet but hopefully very soon.
momo_YJ is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #129
Jeeper
 
WatchUr6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Outside Philadelphia
Posts: 159
If anyone is interested Sunday 12/28, We will meet at Pic-a-lilli 866 U.S. 206, Shamong, NJ 08088. At 9:30am

__________________
"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?" - George Carlin
WatchUr6 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC