Hudson valley - Page 61 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > New York Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #1801
Jeeper
 
monkers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 343
Hemi Liver......LMFAO!!!!!

__________________
2010 Rubicon 2 Door 6 spd, heated seats, Stern light kit, Poison Spyder grab handles, evap skid, diff covers, Evo sleeves C gussets, rock stars, mini skids, Rock Krawler 2.5 MT, Fox shocks, Nitto 37" M/T, Level 8 ZX wheels...Cobra 75WXST
monkers is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #1802
Jeeper
 
MikD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rock Tavern NY
Posts: 713
Hemi liver! He's a fireman isn't he, their born that way haha!

Eh, we could do a work day here installing and modding stuff if you want. Just finished my 4" lift an hour ago. If we get a couple with "projects" we could pick a Saturday and install then test the crap out on the trails. Oh yeah, she drfinitely meant you need bigger tires, I agree permission has been granted, you can definitely hide behind that "misunderstanding"...

MikD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #1803
Jeeper
 
MikD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rock Tavern NY
Posts: 713
Oh yeah, you asked about Treadwright, good reviews is all I ever see on that company. Sean, black 04 rubi, has had them about a year now and loves them.

You can do 35's probably need a 2" budget boost and maybe wheel spacers depending on what width you get. Budget boosts are a pretty simple install, we did Seans in about 2 or 3 hours including beer breaks.
MikD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #1804
Jeeper
 
Sk425k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 87
Hey all I've been following this thread for awhile as my uncles live in the valley. I will be moving upstate from long island looking forward to maybe meeting up and hitting some trails if you wouldn't mind that. Plan on bringing the yj up late October but would like to meet the group before. As far as specs 35" km2's full Detroit in front, one ton steering, ford 8.8 LSD, winch, some good ole comfy front seats, flatties up front yj flares in the back some other goodies! Been wheelin' since I'm 17 now 25. Rocks are awesome IMO but anything offload is good by me!
Sk425k is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #1805
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikD
Oh yeah, you asked about Treadwright, good reviews is all I ever see on that company. Sean, black 04 rubi, has had them about a year now and loves them.

You can do 35's probably need a 2" budget boost and maybe wheel spacers depending on what width you get. Budget boosts are a pretty simple install, we did Seans in about 2 or 3 hours including beer breaks.
Can we take thick cut bacon and make a 2 inch bacon boost? My current 33's and 16x8 ProComps have 4.5 inches of backspacing, so im not using spacers.
eh384 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-30-2012, 08:50 AM   #1806
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk425k
Hey all I've been following this thread for awhile as my uncles live in the valley. I will be moving upstate from long island looking forward to maybe meeting up and hitting some trails if you wouldn't mind that. Plan on bringing the yj up late October but would like to meet the group before. As far as specs 35" km2's full Detroit in front, one ton steering, ford 8.8 LSD, winch, some good ole comfy front seats, flatties up front yj flares in the back some other goodies! Been wheelin' since I'm 17 now 25. Rocks are awesome IMO but anything offload is good by me!
I welcome another LI transplant! I'm originally from Plainview, where are you from? These Jeep country folk are mighty nice fellas
eh384 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #1807
Jeeper
 
Sk425k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 87
Selden! I'm looking forward too hopefully some fun wheelin' around the area where abuts are you in the valley? I will be around Campbell hall Warwick area most if the time besides work which is jersey. Do you guts hit the trails much? Has anyone been to rausch creek?
Sk425k is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #1808
Jeeper
 
YoSlaterBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rockland
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by eh384

My wife said my front tires are shot and it's dangerous to drive. I heard " honey, I give you permission to get bigger tires". Can I stuff some 35's under here with some wheel well trimming and some fender cutting. Considering the aggressive trees at Mikes place keep attacking my fenders, it would actually help. Out of curiosity, what about those Treadwright tires, I mean a set would run half as much as BFGs or Duratracs. Thanks guys, and if anyone would be available to give me a hand, I will gladly pay you in beer ( except Bush, who has the Hemi liver)
I think mopar and river raider did 40's and no lift. Look up jeep jk lower 40
YoSlaterBro is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #1809
Jeeper
 
MikD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rock Tavern NY
Posts: 713
Campbell hall is about 5min from my place, you are more than welcome.

Lift is in! Tires go on maybe Wednesday, doesn't look too bad with the little donuts.
__________________
4", 37's, full skidz
MikD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #1810
Jeeper
 
Sk425k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 87
Thanks mikD once the jeep is up there I hope we can run some trails. our property isn't any good to wheel. Do you have trails or natural runs either way awesome!
Btw the lift looks good you going to 35's ?
Sk425k is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #1811
Jeeper
 
MikD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rock Tavern NY
Posts: 713
37's. My place is pretty mild but fun, we have about 3 1/2 miles of trails. Lots of pictures on this thread for the past few months if you want an idea of what we have.
MikD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #1812
Jeeper
 
WellsR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 625
Mik where are you located? All the time I havent come and I thought you were further away.
__________________
Red 92 YJ 2.5l, 31x10.5x15 Goodyear Authorities
WellsR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-30-2012, 09:16 PM   #1813
Jeeper
 
Tal419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikD
Campbell hall is about 5min from my place, you are more than welcome.

Lift is in! Tires go on maybe Wednesday, doesn't look too bad with the little donuts.
Looking good Mike! Nice job. Is the group headed up to your place this Sat?
Tal419 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-31-2012, 12:01 AM   #1814
Jeeper
 
Bear94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Blooming Grove, NY
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk425k View Post
Selden! I'm looking forward too hopefully some fun wheelin' around the area where abuts are you in the valley? I will be around Campbell hall Warwick area most if the time besides work which is jersey. Do you guts hit the trails much? Has anyone been to rausch creek?
I was at Rausch this weekend, bunch of fun. If you are in Campbell hall you will be sooooo close to where we usually go wheeling.
__________________
Never force anything... Just get a bigger hammer.
[_]IIIIII[_]
Craigslist is my Quadratec!
Bear94 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #1815
Jeeper
 
dukedallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Newburgh, NY
Posts: 1,124
Lets plasti dip those rims Mike!
__________________
True Evolution! YJ 91 Wrangler -> TJ 02 Wrangler Sport -> JK 12 Wrangler Rubicon
.________
/l_|,[_____],
l--|--L --OlllllllO-
()_)()_)--o--)_)
dukedallas is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-31-2012, 10:51 AM   #1816
Jeeper
 
dukedallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Newburgh, NY
Posts: 1,124
YoSlater you still got those extra wheels let me know next time your doing a Mikd trip for wheelin.
__________________
True Evolution! YJ 91 Wrangler -> TJ 02 Wrangler Sport -> JK 12 Wrangler Rubicon
.________
/l_|,[_____],
l--|--L --OlllllllO-
()_)()_)--o--)_)
dukedallas is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #1817
Jeeper
 
MikD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rock Tavern NY
Posts: 713
Tal, looks like the 11th at my place for a camp & wheel. Should be quite a few tents scattered about.
MikD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-31-2012, 06:54 PM   #1818
Jeeper
 
Tal419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikD
Tal, looks like the 11th at my place for a camp & wheel. Should be quite a few tents scattered about.
Nice, count me in + 1.
Tal419 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-31-2012, 08:34 PM   #1819
Jeeper
 
MikD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rock Tavern NY
Posts: 713
Getting closer
__________________
4", 37's, full skidz
MikD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-31-2012, 10:41 PM   #1820
Jeeper
 
Sk425k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear94

I was at Rausch this weekend, bunch of fun. If you are in Campbell hall you will be sooooo close to where we usually go wheeling.
Awesome yea I missed that run! I look forward to meeting the group of jeeper's local I've only take my jeep upstate once but now I tow it it's soo much easier! How often do you guys hit the trails?
Sk425k is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-31-2012, 10:42 PM   #1821
Jeeper
 
Sk425k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 87
Is ere any other spots you guys normally go to also?
Sk425k is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #1822
Jeeper
 
YoSlaterBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rockland
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedallas
YoSlater you still got those extra wheels let me know next time your doing a Mikd trip for wheelin.
They're stacked up in my garage waiting for a new home. Next time I meet up with ya, I'll bring em
YoSlaterBro is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2012, 11:49 PM   #1823
Jeeper
 
Bear94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Blooming Grove, NY
Posts: 1,206
/ignore
__________________
Never force anything... Just get a bigger hammer.
[_]IIIIII[_]
Craigslist is my Quadratec!
Bear94 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-02-2012, 12:12 AM   #1824
Jeeper
 
Bear94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Blooming Grove, NY
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk425k

Awesome yea I missed that run! I look forward to meeting the group of jeeper's local I've only take my jeep upstate once but now I tow it it's soo much easier! How often do you guys hit the trails?
We try for every other week but that will end soon for me because I am leaving for school. I think everyone is meeting at Mikds the 11th.
__________________
Never force anything... Just get a bigger hammer.
[_]IIIIII[_]
Craigslist is my Quadratec!
Bear94 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #1825
Jeeper
 
monkers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 343
Heading out bright ane early tomorrow morning for Topless For Tatas at Rausch Creek!! Gonna help set stuff up. Hoping for a damage free weekend lol, and hopefully the Jeep works good!
__________________
2010 Rubicon 2 Door 6 spd, heated seats, Stern light kit, Poison Spyder grab handles, evap skid, diff covers, Evo sleeves C gussets, rock stars, mini skids, Rock Krawler 2.5 MT, Fox shocks, Nitto 37" M/T, Level 8 ZX wheels...Cobra 75WXST
monkers is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #1826
Jeeper
 
MikD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rock Tavern NY
Posts: 713
Good luck Monk, be sure to post some pics from the event!!
MikD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #1827
Jeeper
 
monkers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 343
Thanks Mike, my girlfriend will be "spotting" and "picture takin" lol......
__________________
2010 Rubicon 2 Door 6 spd, heated seats, Stern light kit, Poison Spyder grab handles, evap skid, diff covers, Evo sleeves C gussets, rock stars, mini skids, Rock Krawler 2.5 MT, Fox shocks, Nitto 37" M/T, Level 8 ZX wheels...Cobra 75WXST
monkers is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-02-2012, 11:16 PM   #1828
Jeeper
 
Tal419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkers
Heading out bright ane early tomorrow morning for Topless For Tatas at Rausch Creek!! Gonna help set stuff up. Hoping for a damage free weekend lol, and hopefully the Jeep works good!
Enjoy the trip Monk!
Tal419 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #1829
Jeeper
 
BattyBlueCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 228
Rear bumper for sale. Pm me if your interested.





__________________
Follow my build http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/my-n...bi-125083.html
BattyBlueCB is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #1830
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikD
Good luck Monk, be sure to post some pics from the event!!
And not of Jeeps

eh384 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Johnson Valley Petition 1BLKJP Land Use Forum 4 06-06-2011 02:14 AM
Please sign the revised Save Johnson Valley petition Jerry Bransford TJ General Discussion Forum 85 03-15-2011 10:28 PM
Meeting: Save Johnson valley CA trails Dec 4Jeepn Land Use Forum 0 12-04-2008 03:31 PM
Hudson Valley 4 Wheelers 90milesnorth NorthEast Regional Forum 0 10-11-2008 04:07 PM
Hello from the hudson valley of NY jamesx2 WF New Member Check In 5 12-24-2007 10:24 AM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC