|06-25-2011 10:27 PM|
|BADBOY-RUBICON||Oh Good God! Welcome....|
|06-25-2011 10:17 PM|
|shell||Welcome from Texas!!|
|06-25-2011 09:06 PM|
|06-25-2011 08:39 PM|
What are you drivin'? Just in case I see somebody wavin' at me from a Hyundai or something! LOL
|06-24-2011 10:56 PM|
|getnsmart||I just consider myself very lucky to have purchased a new 2011 wrangler Unlimited Sport. I Love It!!! Its a blank canvas!!!|
|06-24-2011 10:46 PM|
|06-24-2011 10:42 PM|
Welcome! I wave all the time and don't get waves back, usually from women or old men... bahaha :P but if I get a wave from you, Ill be sure to give you a big one back! Hey, I'm going to Hatteras tomorrow too for a week :O If I see a orange 4 door Ill be wavin', even though I won't be in my jeep. My lovely mother doesn't think its practical to take the most beautiful and fun vehicle that anyone in my family owns, to the beach.... pshhh.
Actually I just told her you were taking your jeep, and she said "oh maybe you can go ride in her's then"... she hates me I swear.
Barrie I didn't see you said not to talk about waves anymore until now... sorry
|06-24-2011 10:37 PM|
|bbduck||Thanks for all the welcomes and good wishes...I apologize for "ranting" in my post...not the best first impression. I was just sooooo disappointed! I'm over it now and will continue to wave! Please forgive me for whining!|
|06-24-2011 03:43 AM|
|06-23-2011 07:45 PM|
Welcome from another forum newb!
I wave from my wifey's 2005 Liberty Renegade, my '89 Wrangler Sahara, and my '84 CJ (when they let it on the street).
It's funny, but when I wear my Jeep Ball Cap and drive the Rene', some peeps look at me funny. It's as off-road capable as the other two! Just more comfy.
Lotta snobs out there.
|06-23-2011 06:37 PM|
Hi soccer mom!
|06-23-2011 06:31 PM|
|06-23-2011 06:23 PM|
Welcome to the Forum
For the record, I wave at all Wranglers, JK, TJ. YJ, CJ it doesn't matter. We are all one big family.
|06-23-2011 06:07 PM|
|Barrie||Okay folks, this is the New Member Welcome forum lets stick to topic or I will move it to the Jeep wave thread.|
|06-23-2011 06:00 PM|
I feel exactly the same about the jeep wave. I will wave at every jeep I see however it is rarely returned. (I also come from a jeep family....dad had a '47 sis has a '50something...and I had an '87 for yrs)
|06-23-2011 05:41 PM|
People bash of the JK's because they are new. When Jeep comes out with something else new they will be bashed on by everyone including the JK's.
I'm sure every new model was hated at some point, "that's not a real jeep and so on".
|06-23-2011 05:19 PM|
|06-23-2011 05:18 PM|
|06-23-2011 11:47 AM|
|MN.Wreck||The waiving topic comes up all the time on motorcycle forums. On my bike I waive, I don't care who it is I waive. I waived at a Harley when on my Honda Ruckus scooter & when on the harley I waive at most scooters. Maybe I'm just friendly.|
|06-23-2011 11:33 AM|
Just gotta mod it to get away from the "soccer mom" appearance...
It can be anything in my opinion. I set of KC lights, or more aggressive tires..
It doesn't have to be expensive, just something to set you apart.
|06-23-2011 11:29 AM|
|bamagirl||Welcome! <--- the smiley jeeper|
|06-23-2011 11:26 AM|
|Meijin||Welcome to the family. Wave|
|06-23-2011 11:19 AM|
Happy/sad new owner
I posted an introduction and hello the other day when I got my new 2011 Mango Tango Sahara Unlimited, and since then, I've gotten quite discouraged at the rift between "true jeepers" and "soccer moms in 4-doors". I was very upset to wave at several jeeps who completely ignored me. I've also seen some rather unpleasant division on these forums. So, for the record:
1. We also own a '97 TJ that rarely has a top or doors on it with a 2" lift and off-road tires. She lives mainly on Hatteras Island, NC with my son and spends her time on the beach (sand...not pavement).
2. The new '11 Unlimited is now to be my daily driver and will eventually spend as much time (or more) on sand as the TJ does. We plan to keep her forever and mod her as time and $$ allow.
3. I got my new baby last Saturday and had her in the mud on Monday, despite the fact that my husband was clear across the country and has put only 5 miles on her!
4. I'm taking her to Hatteras tomorrow for a week so she can get used to her future home.
5. Don't EVER call me a soccer mom! No matter what I drive, that's the worst possible insult. Call me a bi*^(, call me a (%#$, just don't call me a soccer mom! I'm a BASEBALL mom of a grown son who now plays college ball and drives the TJ.
6. BTW, even my 64 year old mother learned to drive on a '47 Willy and it was her daily driver in high school. Jeepin' runs in the family!
7. I WILL wave at EVERY Jeep...I'd appreciate it if the driver waves back, but I'm waving at the vehicle in recognition of its legacy. I hope the driver respects that!
I truly respect the die hard, old school Jeepers and their rigs, and I'm not trying to be a poser wannabe in my 4 door. I'm willing to accept a lower status on the Jeep hierarchy, but I am still a part of the family! As excited as I was to finally get my first new very own Wrangler, my feelings got really hurt not to get my waves returned. How sad!