Jeep Wrangler Forum - Reply to Topic
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Massachusetts Jeep Forum > Just getting started!

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Thread: Just getting started! Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
01-09-2012 01:23 PM
RalphTomaccio Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing some photos.
01-09-2012 10:18 AM
Knobdy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphTomaccio View Post
Hey Knobdy,

Tell us about your new Jeep. How did the delivery go?
Sorry for the delay but I've been too busy driving it....

The delivery went ok but I am still inclined to tell you to take your business elsewhere. They wanted to charge me the $90 to take the soft out so I told them to pound sand. When I went there they told me they could not put a sticker on it or print out my registration because it would take a couple of days to be processed and that I would need to come back. I spoke to my insurance agent after this and she informed me that they never sent the paperwork until the day after I picked up the Jeep and they could have easily gotten all this taken care of well in advance. Instead, I either need to drive down (over an hour with traffic) or they will mail me my registration and a check for $29.00 to get a sticker.

The salesmen took a whole 10 minutes going over the Jeep and did not mention a thing to me about how to operate the 4WD properly. Thank goodness I've been reading this site until my eyes bleed so I really didn't need him to teach me anything but it would have been nice for him to explain a few things to my wife (so she'll believe me ). My wife is under the assumption that I looked pissed off through the whole thing and they felt that I knew everything anyway so that is why he rushed with us.

They also did not order me the full owner's manual (again thankfully I read this forum and ordered one for myself for free) but did offer me a free oil change.

On a side note, I spoke with someone here at work and it turns out that they got their Wrangler from the same dealership and had a completely different experience. He thought they were great down there so "your mileage may vary".

I'll try to get a picture or two up later if I can. I'm not planning on doing any serious mods right now but just some cosmetic ones and mostly to the inside right now. I already swapped out the stock antenna for a 14" one instead and did the mesh grill mod over the weekend as well.

I've talked the wife into the Quadratec Slush mat package which I'll be ordering next week hopefully and possible the Dominion "Dirt Bagz" saddlebags so I can keep my tools and junk in the back but not take up floor space.

Once it gets to be warm weather and we start heading into the woods or the sand more she'll see why I want all this extra "junk".
01-08-2012 12:36 PM
RalphTomaccio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobdy View Post
Just wanted to follow up on this. I'm getting my Jeep tomorrow.
Hey Knobdy,

Tell us about your new Jeep. How did the delivery go?
01-04-2012 09:11 PM
RalphTomaccio Tell them they just lost a potential sale because of their inflexibility in handling your simple request! The internet spreads bad news as well as good very quickly.

01-04-2012 02:37 PM
Knobdy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphTomaccio View Post
Yep, that's sounding a little better! More of what I would have expected to be said from the start. Hope things work out for you. Keep us informed.
Just wanted to follow up on this. I'm getting my Jeep tomorrow. I spoke with the sales person today and he sent me an email later saying that the service manager could take the top off for me but would charge me $92.00 to do it.

I don't recommend this dealership.
12-20-2011 03:00 PM
RalphTomaccio Yep, that's sounding a little better! More of what I would have expected to be said from the start. Hope things work out for you. Keep us informed.
12-20-2011 01:23 PM
Knobdy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobdy View Post
Honestly I probably won't be going back to them for any service. The sales guy was great about getting us info and was generally helpful when we asking questions about configuration before we signed the paperwork. The only real issues I had with him came after the order was completed. I asked him for the favor above and when I first put in the order I asked him for the VON and VIN and he came back with "I'll let you know when anything changes in the system."

I didn't even ask about the owner's manual, I'm assuming they won't get me one so I already ordered it using the number I found here on the forum.

They are over an hour away from my house and the only reason we went with them was because of the discount my wife got through work.

So there's the good and the bad about Planet Jeep. More than likely I'll be doing all the work myself or having it done at a dealership near my house, there are two within 15 minutes of me.

I do have to say there was another sales guy that was hanging around when I went there, this younger guy who used to do construction, he seemed generally helpful and I bet if I had been working with him he'd be a little more eager to get things done for me. Hell, he invited me out to grab a beer with him to celebrate the new Jeep!

Ok, now I feel like a jerk becuase I got the below email a few minutes ago..

I will talk to my body shop guys about the soft top....they will likely not have a problem with making the accommodation for you.

I checked the computer and saw that your Wrangler was in JB status yesterday....which means shipped to body vendor. This means the leather was installed yesterday and it did not get on the train as expected. I would assume that when I get the update for today it will say that the car is making progress toward us.

I would normally provide the update to you without you having to ask but, Tuesday is my normal day off....although I usually come by to keep things moving for my customers. I will be in tomorrow from 10 to 630. I will provide an update to you first thing tomorrow if it doesnt come while I am still here today.

Rob


Now I feel that I should cut the guy a little slack....
12-20-2011 12:30 PM
Knobdy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphTomaccio View Post
The fact that they wouldn't do this small favor for you says a lot about the dealer. I'm not sure I would want to do business with them if this is their version of "customer service". I'd be interested in hearing about your future dealings with them as well. When your Jeep comes in, I would ask them for this favor again. And, if they still refuse, tell them there are other interested buyers in their area dying to know why. Sounds like a prime example of "Now that I have your order and money, screw you!"
Honestly I probably won't be going back to them for any service. The sales guy was great about getting us info and was generally helpful when we asking questions about configuration before we signed the paperwork. The only real issues I had with him came after the order was completed. I asked him for the favor above and when I first put in the order I asked him for the VON and VIN and he came back with "I'll let you know when anything changes in the system."

I didn't even ask about the owner's manual, I'm assuming they won't get me one so I already ordered it using the number I found here on the forum.

They are over an hour away from my house and the only reason we went with them was because of the discount my wife got through work.

So there's the good and the bad about Planet Jeep. More than likely I'll be doing all the work myself or having it done at a dealership near my house, there are two within 15 minutes of me.

I do have to say there was another sales guy that was hanging around when I went there, this younger guy who used to do construction, he seemed generally helpful and I bet if I had been working with him he'd be a little more eager to get things done for me. Hell, he invited me out to grab a beer with him to celebrate the new Jeep!
12-20-2011 11:20 AM
RalphTomaccio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobdy View Post
They have been pretty good to deal with so far, however, I asked them to remove the hard top and soft top for me (since I'm getting dual tops) and throw the soft top in the back for the drive home and storage. They flat out said no to this. Not that it's a big deal but it would have been nice not having to take the hard top off to take the soft top off to put the hard top back on.

All in all I'd go with them again. If you want someone's name down there PM me and I'll give you his info. Who know's maybe he'll give us a little something extra for a referral!
The fact that they wouldn't do this small favor for you says a lot about the dealer. I'm not sure I would want to do business with them if this is their version of "customer service". I'd be interested in hearing about your future dealings with them as well. When your Jeep comes in, I would ask them for this favor again. And, if they still refuse, tell them there are other interested buyers in their area dying to know why. Sounds like a prime example of "Now that I have your order and money, screw you!"
12-17-2011 09:28 PM
sneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobdy View Post
I'm actually waiting to pick my new Jeep up from Planet Jeep in Franklin. I got my 12 JKU for invoice price through my wife's work. I've heard with T/L you can get 1-2% off of invoice as well (wish I knew that before).

They have been pretty good to deal with so far, however, I asked them to remove the hard top and soft top for me (since I'm getting dual tops) and throw the soft top in the back for the drive home and storage. They flat out said no to this. Not that it's a big deal but it would have been nice not having to take the hard top off to take the soft top off to put the hard top back on.

All in all I'd go with them again. If you want someone's name down there PM me and I'll give you his info. Who know's maybe he'll give us a little something extra for a referral!
they said they wouldnt unbolt the soft-top? damn, if I had options I would shop elsewhere. I mean, what if you had asked them to take the softtop out because you didn't want it? that's a crazy thing for a dealer to not do
12-17-2011 12:01 PM
RalphTomaccio
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Vegas View Post
Get a 50 y/o jeep and build it!


Damn, why didn't I think of that!
12-17-2011 09:31 AM
Knobdy I'm actually waiting to pick my new Jeep up from Planet Jeep in Franklin. I got my 12 JKU for invoice price through my wife's work. I've heard with T/L you can get 1-2% off of invoice as well (wish I knew that before).

They have been pretty good to deal with so far, however, I asked them to remove the hard top and soft top for me (since I'm getting dual tops) and throw the soft top in the back for the drive home and storage. They flat out said no to this. Not that it's a big deal but it would have been nice not having to take the hard top off to take the soft top off to put the hard top back on.

All in all I'd go with them again. If you want someone's name down there PM me and I'll give you his info. Who know's maybe he'll give us a little something extra for a referral!
12-17-2011 09:23 AM
John in Vegas Get a 50 y/o jeep and build it!
12-17-2011 08:38 AM
GREEN-MACHINE i did not use T\L when i bought my jeep so i cant help you,,, i got my jeep at dealer cost.
12-17-2011 07:23 AM
RalphTomaccio
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN-MACHINE View Post
T\L will get you 1-2 % off sticker.
Off "Sticker" or off "Invoice"? I thought it was the latter, which would make for a larger difference.
12-17-2011 06:50 AM
GREEN-MACHINE i cant comment on the dealers in your area. jeeps are seldom discounted. T\L will get you 1-2 % off sticker.
12-16-2011 10:04 PM
RalphTomaccio
Just getting started!

I've wanted a Jeep even before I was able to drive. But, life always demanded a more practical vehicle, whether it was due to family or business needs. Now, 50 years later, retired and the kids are on their own, I may actually be close to getting one next year. I joined this forum to learn from everyone's experiences and knowledge before biting the bullet and have a number of questions.

My first is wanting to know if anyone has had any experience (good or bad) with the dealers in my specific area (Bellingham, MA). The dealers closest to me are:

Imperial Chrysler Jeep Dodge Corporation
6 Uxbridge Rd, Mendon, MA

Planet Chrysler Jeep Dodge
400 E Central St, Franklin, MA

Dan's Jeep Chrysler Dodge, Inc.
82 Turnpike Rd, Westborough, MA

Mansfield Jeep Chrysler
91 Chauncy St, Mansfield, MA

If you have purchased a Jeep from any of these, I would enjoy knowing what your buying experience was like as well as how their service department is.

Also, how much would you say the maximum discount is that can be expected and how would that compare to "off the MSRP sticker price" versus the "dealer's invoice" price?

I've read about the Tread Lightly program and was curious if this is always or usually the best price available.

Thanks in advance for whatever you're willing and able to contribute.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC