Jeep Wrangler Forum - Reply to Topic
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > New York Jeep Forum > Rebuilt title from out-of-state

Join Wrangler Forum Today

Thread: Rebuilt title from out-of-state Reply to Thread
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
02-27-2012 02:56 PM
30Cal Well, just to follow up, I sent in my check for $205 and just finished the inspection this morning. Crazy place--seized parts all over the shop. Had to pay $25 to put a new vin sticker on one that had gotten painted over; otherwise, it worked out fine with just the out-of-state title. I did, prior to showing up, run all the VIN tags I could find (which is all I think they do there).
01-02-2012 05:54 PM
Rebuilt title from out-of-state

My little brother is over in Afghanistan. He and his wife had 3 cars and when I was visiting them over the holidays, I bought the 2004 Unlimited that he had. I'm now beginning to sweat that I might be in over my head.

They bought the car a couple years back in PA and it had a rebuilt title there. It tracks as true as an arrow but has body damage down the right side. They moved to Kentucky and got a KY title (rebuilt) without any sort of issues.

Now, the DMV lady here says I need to get a salvage inspection done. As I looked into the details of that... oh damn. $25 for each missing VIN tag; I'm not even sure where to find all of them. Receipts.... The only paper I've got is a KY Rebuilt Title. I'm wondering if I take it to inspection if I'll have anything to take home.

Anyone with experience here? Or any tips on how to be creative, yet legal (ie. me drive it here with Kentucky plates).



Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 AM.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC. is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC