|03-05-2012 09:28 PM|
|benjnewberry||Thanks for the info and I will definitely be doing the 20-gallon tank conv. soon!|
|03-03-2012 09:26 PM|
|jr78racer||wow i need glasses. i totally missed that he had a '93. hahahahahahahaha yeah what timberwolf said|
|03-03-2012 05:45 PM|
3. you may already have the 20 gal poly tank and just need to do the filler tube mod
Jeep Wrangler 20-gallon Gas Tank Conversion
4. watch your fuel lines if you weld it
|03-03-2012 11:46 AM|
|03-03-2012 11:36 AM|
2)google body mount bushings jeep and you'll find plenty of places trying to sell them. polyurethane is the way to go for longevity. $60-100 but you're gonna spend a full day to change them all. longer if you live in the rust belt. plan on breaking a few bolts as they get rusty cuz of where theyre at.
3)yes. find a tank out of a newer wrangler like a 93 and all the hardware.
5)auto parts store. new sender
6)whatever. wet brakes are wet brakes regardless of price.
7)about $500 for the lift kit. SYE (slip yoke eliminator) a must. $200-300 depending on who makes it plus labor to put it in. transfer case disassembly not for newbs. new rear driveshaft to compliment SYE $200
8)new wiper mechanism probably in your future. if you fold your windshield forward be careful of the seal and check the seal to see if it needs to be replaced. if its not seated right when you fold the windshield back up it will leak.
9)two words.......tube fenders expensive but they work awesome and look cool
hope this helps
|03-03-2012 10:57 AM|
Newbie Mod Questions for my '93 YJ
New to the Forum and I have just a few questions about some common mods; average prices, how-to's, difficulty, time spent, and any other feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Here they are:
1. Changing leaf springs to coil springs. Is this possible, simple, hard, price, etc...
2. Replacing body mounts. Price, what's the best place and type to get and how hard is it to install them.
3. Is the 15 to 20 gallon fuel tank conversion possible on the YJ and a how-to.
4. I have a rusted-through floorboard on the driver-side and I already have a replacement part. What is the best way to install; weld, rivet, etc.
5. My sensor on the temp. gauge/thermo. is corroded to no return and I want to know the best replacement options and how to install.
6. I am due for new brakes soon and want to know what kind are best for off-roading, especially in wetter places (Michigan). Are disc brakes the best option all around, should I just get a better ceramic or more expensive type, or is there really no difference when brakes get wet?
7. Eventually I want to put in at least a 4" lift kit and I am curious how much, what kind, where, etc.
8. When I bought the Jeep last summer, it didn't come with a passenger wiper. (The whole arm is disconnected) Also, the internal housing and mechanics is hidden in the back of the windshield, it must have fallen back there. I believe I need to take the top off (soft-top) to get to that so then I can fold the windshield down, but I'm unsure about what to do after that, especially because it seems that my one working wiper moves the opposite direction than normal. (When it's off, it rests on the left, not the right)
9. Mudflaps. Where, how, type, price, etc.
Sorry there is so much, but I would love some responses! Thanks for reading the whole post!
I would really appreciate some feedback, what you think, and if there's an existing thread you can just send a link. I also own the Haynes manual so if there's a page in there that is easy to reference that'd be good too. I looked for some of this in there, but most of this is mods, so not covered in the manual. Thanks again!