|03-07-2012 07:33 PM|
|03-07-2012 07:22 PM|
|Fly2crawl||With the donor part about 30min. Boy was I happy. I ended up snapping one of the pins messing with it too so it was good to have the extras off the donor. Works perfect now. This seems the way that I normally learn how to fix stuff. Break it, panic slightly then I have to fix it.|
|03-07-2012 05:15 PM|
|03-07-2012 04:20 PM|
|Fly2crawl||Fixed, went to Pick-n-pull and got a new plug since mine was cracked and reinstalled all the pins. Glad it's over|
|03-07-2012 02:59 PM|
I said CUT THE YELLOW ONE!
Good luck.... I have had the same happen on computer connectors. It ain't fun
|03-07-2012 02:45 PM|
|fourty4magjr||all I an say is good luck! Hope it's not to hard to get all back together|
|03-07-2012 02:28 PM|
I did the same damn thing. It wasn't too bad.
Here's what I did:
1) Pull the entire harness off except for the strain relief (the outermost rubber part that was wrapped with harness tape and has the "clips" on it)
2) Assemble the harness separately, including the water seal
3) Starting with pin 31, and counting down, plug the wires back in until you hear an audible click. The strain relief has small numbers on it, and so does the outside of the harness (the hard plastic).
4) Add the cruise wires
5) Carefully push the strain relief back up to the harness plug.
6) Re-wrap and plug it back in (using a flashlight, you can see the pins labeled on the computer so you are 100% sure the wires are lining up again)
|03-07-2012 12:54 PM|
|Rolf||That'll mess up your day...|
|03-07-2012 12:42 PM|
|Badass_TJ||WOW! that sux....good luck....|
|03-07-2012 12:29 PM|
|03-07-2012 12:27 PM|
|RubiCobra||Oh crap. That truly sucks.|
|03-07-2012 12:19 PM|
|Dextreme||Wholy moly. I hope you like puzzles.|
|03-07-2012 12:12 PM|
Dont let this happen
So I'm installing cruise control on my '03 and the ECU plug came apart and all the pins came out. I'm not having fun trying to fit all these back together right now…