|04-09-2012 06:36 AM|
|denisbaldwin||I just replaced mine a month ago. After looking at all of the bondo work it would take to do it the repair way, replacement made more sense. Paid something like $150 for the frame and gaskets and having Safelite replace the glass under my insurance plan.|
|04-08-2012 10:16 PM|
Just replaced mine, it's not hard:
1. Pull wiper arms off (pry off with screwdriver).
2. Unbolt upper supports and fold down windshield.
3. Unbolt wiper motor.
4. Pry off wiper arm off motor (do NOT remove the C-clip).
5. Pry off wiper connectors at each wiper mount.
6. Remove the large hex 'nuts' holding the mount lugs in place (on the outside of the windshield).
7. Pull components out of the windshield frame.
8. Unbolt the torx screws holding the frame to the hinges. You may need to heat them, and in my case I actually welded a couple hex bolts to the torx heads to get them off (they were stripped).
9. Remove the VIN plate from the old windshield frame.
10. Remove footman loop from old windshield frame.
Now you can install your new windshield.
|04-08-2012 10:12 PM|
|tjcon10009||Cut out all deep rust sand the shit out of the area prime sand some more bondo sand sand add lil more bondo sand sand sand switch to fine sand paper and sand a whole lot more prime sand paint and clear and enjoy|
|04-08-2012 10:09 PM|
B4 and after
|04-08-2012 10:01 PM|
Im in the same.boat.. I have one armed bandit wipers.. Passenger side rusted off !!!!
|04-08-2012 09:48 PM|
Rotted windshield frame, where do I start?
Bought a replacement from quadratec, looks like the thing is held on by brackets and hinges. All are rusted to hell, the only thing I'm not sure about are the wipers. How do I remove those? Any links on this would really be appreciated.