|08-06-2012 06:24 PM|
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable for a few minutes and then reconnect
2. Disconnect the negative batter cable and tap the brake pedal to discharge any voltage still in the system and then reconnect
3. Disconnect both battery cables and touch them together. Then reconnect.
4. If you've already repaired/solved the issue, the CEL will go off after a few cycles of starting the jeep.
For steps 1, 2, or 3, if you haven't solved the problem, the light will almost immediately come back on.
|08-06-2012 06:20 PM|
|08-06-2012 05:45 PM|
|thedaringmove||How would I go about resetting it?|
|08-06-2012 05:44 PM|
|thedaringmove||55 came after 65. Thanks|
|08-06-2012 03:05 PM|
|RUBI 4 MY MRS||
Are you sure the last one isn’t 55? That is the code for “Completion of fault code display on the Check Engine Lamp (MIL)”. The * indicates codes stored but shouldn’t set the CEL. Actually none of the codes listed should set the CEL so I’m not sure why the light is on. I would reset the CEL & see if they return.
12* Battery Disconnect Direct battery input to the PCM was disconnected within the last 50 key-on cycles
42* Auto Shutdown Relay Ctrl Circuit; or No ASD Relay Output Voltage at PCM; or Fuel Pump Relay Control Circuit; or Fuel Level Sending Unit Volts Too High (or Too Low); or Fuel Level Unit No Change Over Miles An open or shorted condition detected in the auto shutdown relay circuit; or An open condition detected in the ASD relay output circuit; or An open or shorted condition detected in the fuel pump relay control circuit; or Shorted (or open) circuit between PCM and fuel gauge sending unit; or No movement of fuel level sender detected
65* Power Steering Switch Failure Power steering high pressure seen at high speed (2.5L only)
* = This DTC will not cause the Check Engine Lamp (MIL) to illuminate. However, if another problem causes the MIL to illuminate, and this code is identified when you display all of the codes, at least you will know what it means.
(Not all code references show the * so maybe these will set the CEL in some cases.)
|08-06-2012 02:43 PM|
|UnlimitedLJ04||code 12, 42 and 65? what are those in OBD terms? as in P0420? or P0042? very different things, so please clarify.|
|08-06-2012 02:28 PM|
Check engine light after body lift!
Just installed the "Zone Offroad" 2" body lift and now my check engine light is on. I got the Codes 12 (expected), 42, and 65. Anyone know anything about these? Thanks!