|08-30-2012 09:18 PM|
|Goobs63||Thanks everybody now i know how its supposed to work so i can fix it.|
|08-28-2012 09:53 PM|
|08-28-2012 09:50 PM|
I dunno about you but I have the hood up so much the last thing I want is a current draw from a useless light. I bought one of these LED lights from some part store and it's badass for what it is...super convenient for quick fixes too. It has a strong magnet and a nice swivel hook...the end of it even has a few led's so you can use it as a flashlight. For big projects you'll want a regular work light though.
MAXCRAFT 60191 27-LED Compact Worklight - Amazon.com
|08-28-2012 09:36 PM|
|RandyNeagle||There's a switch that engages when you open the hood. There's a good chance your bulb is blown, or there might simply be some corrosion on the terminals. I just replaced my "blown" bulb a few weeks ago. When taking is out, the light started up while twisting it to release. Needless to say, I cleaned the terminals and put it all back together.|
|08-28-2012 09:33 PM|
|tbensor||It is a mercury switch. So if you have power the switch is probably bad|
|08-28-2012 09:23 PM|
Under hood light.
Hi everyone. I have a 98 sport with a light under the hood. It does not work. Is there a switch for it or is it one of the mercury switched ones that are supposed to turn on when you open the hood? I have power going to it and the bulb is good but cant find a way to turn it on. Any help would be appreciated.