|05-25-2013 10:35 AM|
Thanks for the advice, especially with regards to getting the T-handle and bezel off. It's always good to know how things come apart before putting force on them, especially when they're made of plastic.
Thanks again for your help!
|05-24-2013 09:17 PM|
1. The automatic transmission T-handle pulls straight off.
Put the shifter into any position that you can get right over it and pull up firmly with both hands.
Apply a firm even force pulling straight up - don't be tempted to rock/twist the T-handle to get it off.
If you wear glasses, take them off - I've heard of people injuring themselves when the handle lets go.
Use a small flat head screwdriver to gently prise up shift indicator bezel and remove the light.
There is one (or two ) bolt under the shift bezel which needs to be removed, and one on the bottom of the cupholder.
2. I don't have the airbag switch, so can't answer
3. Doesn't matter - whatever makes it easier to get the console over the components.
|05-24-2013 08:13 PM|
Center Floor Console
I have a 1999 Wrangler Sport with automatic transmission. It currently has the mini center floor console and the passenger side airbag on/off switch. I would like to replace this console with the full center floor console, and need some help and advice about how to do this. My concerns are:
1. How do I remove the transmission gearshift handle and the shift indicator bezel?
2. Is the passenger side airbag on/off switch part of the console, or can the console be removed without removing the switch?
3. What positions should the gearshift lever, parking brake lever and transfer case shift lever be in when removing/installing the consoles?
Any suggestions, help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.