|07-13-2013 09:17 PM|
|Mikel01||I've installed a Blackvue DR500G HD WIFI on my Moab. You can view data real time on an iPhone or android. Quality recordings.|
|05-07-2013 03:19 PM|
|ratchettt||Check out the Drift Ghost against the GoPro Hero Black, Sonny and Contour on youtube. My pick but is 399.00|
|05-07-2013 03:07 PM|
I just ordered the Drift HD Ghost. One feature is continuous loop. If an event occurs you want to save, it backs up a predetermined number of minutes and saves plus intervals forward.
|05-05-2013 07:42 AM|
|Bluedog225||Great info. Thanks!|
|05-05-2013 06:14 AM|
I have used DailyRoads Voyager for a while now for my Android phone. It it configurable to do a bunch of cool things.
Acting as a car blackbox, dash cam or auto DVR, DailyRoads Voyager continuously records videos and captures photos during your journeys. The app automatically records everything, but only important events are retained for future reference or as evidence. You get to choose what to keep, simply by touching the screen, even while you drive.Key features:
- Continuous video recording, with user-defined length and video quality; sound can be included
- User-defined storage space on the SD card with cyclic recording; i.e. the card never fills up
- One-touch video retention allows you to keep video files for interesting road events during the whole journey
- Auto retain video upon sudden shock (e.g. accident); configurable g-force sensitivity
- Automatically capture photos at user-defined intervals and resolutions; great for time-lapse photography
- Background video/photo capture, with optional buttons over other applications
- Auto start and shutdown based on car dock detection and related options
- Videos/photos are timestamped & geotagged
- Automatically determine street address of retained videos/photos
- Display videos/photos location on a map
- Display speed, elevation, timestamp and GPS coordinates on videos/photos
- Option to change speed units (km/h, mph) and date format
- GPS can be disabled to reduce power consumption
- Brightness adjustment option allows less distraction when driving at night
- Built-in file manager, video/photo browser
- Add title/description/bookmark to files
- Upload files to DailyRoads.com
- Languages: English, Chinese, Russian, Korean and Spanish
This is a free application without ads. Enjoy and have a safe journey!
Working combinations of video settings on various phone models:
|05-04-2013 11:53 PM|
|Bluedog225||Can you run any of these on a continuous loop? I'd like to set and forget until I needed the footage. Seems like an Iphone would fill up pretty fast. Thanks.|
|01-09-2013 01:39 AM|
|creepycrawler||Twenty20 contour roam2 is $200. I bought the contour GPS and I like it better then my gopro. The contour GPS records where u are plus speed elevation and those sorts of things. When u upload video a map comes up on the right side. Check it out on YouTube.|
|01-08-2013 10:05 PM|
GoPro Hero3 White Edition Review - Digital Camcorders - CNET Reviews
And don't get wrapped up in MP's, because I shoot still Photography and I love my Canon 10D @ 6MP. I also love my 20D @8.2MP and my Pro Body eos 1D Mark II @ only 8.2MP.
Unless you are blowing it up to wall size 5MP on this action cam should be great.
Hope this helped?
|01-08-2013 11:11 AM|
I have the Emerson action camera that I received as a Christmas gift. It's a decent little camera and it has a waterproof case and bicycle mount. Camera shoots decent 720p video quality and works fairly well for the minimal amount of use it gets.
Amazon.com: Emerson Go Action Cam 720p HD Digital Video Camera Pro Grade 5 mp Video With Screen: Camera & Photo
It was picked up on a black Friday special for $30 bucks
|01-08-2013 09:01 AM|
I also use my iphone with the iOttie Windshield mounted phone holder... the videos came out very clear and theres no shaking/wobbling because the mount is very strudy... and it only cost like $12 (got mine from groupon for even less)
Amazon.com: iOttie Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder for iPhone 4S 4 3GS Samsung Galaxy S3 S2 Epic Touch 4G HTC One X EVO 4G Rhyme DROID RAZR BIONIC INCREDIBLE 2 CHARGE Google BlackBerry Torch LG Revolution GPS Compact Size 360 degree Rotatable:
|01-07-2013 11:58 PM|
|01-07-2013 11:06 PM|
|JeffC||Good to hear. The DOD F500L HD comes with an extra long cord for the cig lighter, but I like the idea of hard wiring. Still undecided on model.|
|01-07-2013 10:48 PM|
I purchased a GPS 5000 and hard wired it to my car. Been very happy with it. HD Video, and GPS built in so your speed etc is recorded in the event of an accident. I've had mine for aprox 6 months and I have been happy with it.
1080p IR Car DVR Vehicle Dash Camera GS5000 Built in GPS G Sensor 140°WIDE Lens | eBay
|01-06-2013 09:21 PM|
There is a previous post seeking dash/windshield camera recommendations, however the thread should be re-titled "GoPro Hero" as all but a couple replies were about the GoPro.
No doubt the GoPro is great, but is anyone able to recommend another camera under $200.00?
I found a forum re Dash Cams, but wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't brand independent. Dash Cam Talk | Your Comprehensive Dash Cam Resource