|06-10-2010 08:01 AM|
check for water in there as well, it only takes one drop to short two leads together....
Somewhere, + is touching - like mentioned. Either by insulation wore off, pinched wires melting, water, etc... Make sure you have really good light and try to look at every part of every wire in there. Look for something with a little black on it as well, if it sparked each time you blew the fuse, it may be easier to spot the short.
|06-10-2010 07:53 AM|
|tlrrob1000||You have a dead short in there. I would say bare wire grounding out. Could have pinched wires somewhere.|
|06-10-2010 06:00 AM|
|andrew2456||take it apart again and check and clean all connections after that check and clean all grounds. that mean pull the apart emory cloth or wire brush them down.|
|06-09-2010 08:33 PM|
YJ Popping Heater and Radio Fuses
Ok back about 2 weeks or so ago i took out my center gauge cluster to diagnose fuel gauge, last week I tried to turn blower on, didnt work, blown fuse, replaced it and as soon as the key turned it popped, so I wasted a day tearing the WHOLE gauge cluster off and inspecting the wiring behind it, nothing, put it back together and the blower works now but the radio was popping fuses same way on ACC fuse and wouldnt work, jiggled alot of the wiring around and got it to work for a day then hit a bump on the road and popped it agian. Im stumped, where should I begin to look for a short at?
1993 Jeep YJ 2.5 no A/C