|02-15-2011 05:00 PM|
|02-15-2011 03:48 PM|
|GoldenSahara00||apparently its a TIA And TIRP (this is rural pennsylvania) thing|
|02-15-2011 02:38 AM|
1. I will have to change the carrier to re gear to 4.56 - but I should still be able to use the Aussie locker as it is not dependent on the carrier I use (as long as it is an open diff is all info I could find).
2. LSD not usable with the new carrier for the 4.56
3. Lock out hubs not needed
Thanks a lot!!!
|02-15-2011 02:32 AM|
|02-15-2011 12:00 AM|
|BigEZ||that's sorta like wrapping a 36 DD brassiere around 32As...|
|02-14-2011 07:22 PM|
|GoldenSahara00||I have 3.07s on my D44 too|
|02-14-2011 04:52 PM|
|AzTJ||3.07's with a 6-speed an a D44? That's weird... sure they are not 3.73's? I'd inspect that ID tag on the diff first.|
|02-14-2011 04:45 PM|
You will need to change the carriers when going to 4.56s. Aussie doesn't mention anything about carrier break points for gears. I believe it is only the mounting surface that changes for the open carrier. you will not be able to use the LSD with the new gearing. No you will not need to get lock outs for the front.
Dana 30 front Aussie
Dana 44 rear Aussie
|02-14-2011 09:09 AM|
Gearing / Locker Question
Greetings from sunny South Africa!!
I did a search but could not find the right answer for these questions (Perhaps I should have spent more time on it)
I have a 2006 TJ. 6 speed Man. 4.0.
33" BF Muds & some or other pro comp lift (I will look into this later )
Dana 44 rear (Tack lock lsd) & 30 front. 3.07 gearing
I am planning on going to 4.56 gearing.
Due to budget constraints I was thinking of doing gearing / lockers and lift in stages as I have some cash available, but on noticing how relatively cheap an aussie locker for the front is I was thinking of doing that so long..
My questions are;
1. If I lock the front (30) with an Aussie locker will I still be able to use it once I upgrade to 4.56 gearing (I am under the impression that I will have to change the carrier)
2. Will I need to change the carrier for the 44? - Will I still be able to use the standard LSD with the new gearing
2. Will I need to have lock out hubs for the front if I am to install the Aussie locker?? - Or will I be able to run it with the stock hubs?
Thanks in advance!!