|03-24-2011 03:04 PM|
|loggs1369||I'll try to talk the wife into letting me take 2k or so and go shopping for a third vehicle but we'll see what happens. I haven't posted it on this forum yet and if she doesn't let me get a 3rd car then I'll post it on here so I don't waste room for others haha.|
|03-23-2011 08:54 PM|
|ratuna||I know you said you don't have the room, but I bought a 96 Honda Prelude for $1,000 with 140k miles on it. I have 190k on it now and it still purrs like a kitten and gets 27mpg city! It takes a lil tinkering to keep a high mileage car going strong, but I have already gotten way more then my moneys worth outta that car.|
|03-23-2011 08:38 PM|
|SquadStep||I just bought an 2005 Unlimited for over 12k with 70k miles on it if that helps with a ballpark price. It was bought in a private sale as well. I know very little about car sales and whatnot, but I always avoid dealers and the "middleman" whenever buying or selling anything.|
|03-23-2011 08:32 PM|
|loggs1369||agreed and posting right now. I have it on craigslist and southeasttexas.com got a few hits today but no interviews yet haha! thanks everyone for your input. I really don't wanna sell it but it's not in my budget at the moment.|
|03-23-2011 10:06 AM|
|tylerdaly89||I could be wrong but I didn't see it listed on the forum. List it up there, worst that could happen is nobody buys it and you're in the same situation you're in now|
|03-23-2011 09:58 AM|
|loggs1369||I'm probably just gonna wait till closer to may and try to sell it individually then. If I had room for a third car I might try that but I don't have room at my apartment complex for 3 cars plus my bike. I wont trade it in unless I get pay off for it. Haven't driven the aw11 might have to check it out. Like I said I'll try to sell it out right first though. Anyone near Houston wanna buy it Haha I might deliver if the price is right.|
|03-23-2011 08:37 AM|
Trading in a vehicle never is in YOUR best interest. Sell it yourself. Then go buy what you want. You'll have more $ in your pocket to do so.
|03-23-2011 07:25 AM|
Ever driven an AW11?
cheap, fun, great gas mileage. One if toyotas best in my opinion
|03-23-2011 12:13 AM|
X2 Another idea is use your wife's car as a DD, and let her use the jeep as a DD until gas prices start to get back to normal.
|03-23-2011 12:03 AM|
|nwjpr||I was offered 15k sight unseen on my 04 Rubi. KBB and credit union confirmed with all mods it's worth a shade over 20k. I've used KBB as a negotiating tool when trading in one of my older Jeeps (on a newer Jeep). If you act like you don't give a shit if you leave in the same car you drove in with, they'll come around. It took three days in my case. I wouldn't settle for less than buy off value, but would hold out for at least a grand more.|
|03-22-2011 11:46 PM|
|03-22-2011 11:36 PM|
I still say go grab a $2,000 gas efficient rice burner and call it a day :P
It'll pay for itself in a year, and you keep the Jeep
That's what I'm going to do if it hits over $4 a gallon
|03-22-2011 11:34 PM|
but why the hell are you trading in a jeep? they keep their resale value better than almost any vehicle on the road. unless you're months behind in payments, hold out. It's Jeep season, so even if you feel you gotta get rid of it, put it up for private sale. As we say in the Midwest (euchre reference) SCREW THE DEALER!!!!
I say this as a current Jeep owner, former car salesman, and permanent common sense exhibitionist.
|03-22-2011 11:30 PM|
|thecheat||A buddy recently traded his 04 TJ in with 75k miles for 10k, it was bone stock and in "good" condition. Hope that helps|
|03-22-2011 11:03 PM|
|loggs1369||My wife is definitely not anti-jeep. We both love it especially with summer coming up. I need something with better gas mileage as i drive 60 miles to work and back so I was planning on taking her, car which is paid off, but not worth much and getting her something new. I didnt even have to drive it forward to disengage 4wd. It worked perfectly for me so I guess you're right about the stealership not knowing these things. I would love to keep it but it's just not practical enough to be my DD anymore. I have it posted privately in a few spots down here as well but no hits as of yet. I'm not trying to rip the dealership off but I would like to get what I owe on it at least. That's why i wanted to ask them what i could do to get more from my trade if I even can.|
|03-22-2011 10:44 PM|
Trade in is a trade in.....The dealership is looking at this as a business transaction that they need to make a reasonable PROFIT on. Typically the folks trying to trade something in have some emotional or sentimental value attached to the vehicle or are just looking at the other end of the deal. Wanting more than the car is worth to do the deal on the new one.
The art is meeting in the middle somewhere.
|03-22-2011 10:42 PM|
It's a sign. Keep the Jeep.
Get her a nice 2,000 or 3,000 dollar ride. You don't lose as much out of pocket
|03-22-2011 10:40 PM|
|Phil05LJ||They don't go out of 4wd as quickly as they go in, you have to drive it straight, and sometimes back up before it will disengage. That dealer doesn't know what they are talking about! I'd go elsewhere if I were you. BTW, if possible, I'd advertise the Jeep for sale privately on your own before trading it in, your looking at thousands of dollars difference.|
|03-22-2011 10:19 PM|
|Minn_wild1||Sounds like a shady dealership... Check www.kbb.com to get you in the ballpark of what you should expect. Then find a reputable dealership...Good Luck.|
|03-22-2011 08:19 PM|
|99jeeper||dealers are the same no matter what part of the country you live in! they expect ya to grab ur ankles the minute you walk in! your wife anti-jeep?|
|03-22-2011 08:14 PM|
trade-in help? (Kinda off-topic)
So today I was looking at a new car for my wife. I went to the dealership expecting to trade in my 05 Jeep TJ for this new car. I owe 12000 on it but the dealership offered me 9500 for it. I have no known issues besides maybe needing a front end alignment. They told me my trade in value was low because when they tried shifting from 4wd back to 2wd it was sticking. I tried it out after leaving the dealership and everything was working fine. The question I'm asking here is can I ask the dealership to show me what they think is wrong. You know maybe say show me whats wrong and i'll try to have it fixed to raise my trade in value? Has anyone had experience with this?