|06-13-2011 11:22 PM|
Its the zone 3 inch like I said, stock arms. I will probably switch over to a full set of rokmen sometime but thats not down the road for a while. I'm already running 3/4s spacers so I have nearly the equivalent of a 4 inch lift up front, which shouldnt rub.
how do I adjust steering stops?
|06-13-2011 09:37 PM|
a set of spacers will help a little with the rubbing on the arms or adjusting your steering stops.
who's arms are you running,
|06-13-2011 09:26 PM|
I was in 4lo 1st gear but that hill is damn steep and alot of shale haha. U dont count on engine braking for that. I am gona get more pads, hopefully a little more durable and softer if I can.
I cant cut my control arms! :O
I should have aired down more, your right. problem is I dont have a compressor to air back up yet afterwards.
|06-13-2011 09:18 PM|
for traction did you air down your tires, that helps a lot
as for rubbing start cutting
for brakes make sure you have good braided line and the brakes have been bleed also try and use 1st gear and 4 low when going down and use the motor to slow you down
|06-13-2011 08:46 PM|
|GoldenSahara00||click on first pic for vid|
|06-13-2011 08:46 PM|
Hill climbs trip 3 pictures by 6pacobam - Photobucket
|06-13-2011 08:41 PM|
Issues with my jeep, that the trail pointed out. Help me fix em?
Alright well here is the list of things I dont like, or that hinder my jeep, that I mentally compiled while Wheeling today.
1) I hate hitting big 800 pound boulders and Im glad there arent many in PA. screw rock crawling ... lol actually it was fun.
2) I lose traction on big hill climbs, and I have duratracs so my tires cant get much better for a DD. they have less than 1k miles.
3) I get high centered sometimes and its pretty scary. Today, I was disco'd and still managed to get my rear tire about 2 feet off the ground. I could feel I was inches from rolling. and no I'm not exagerating, I have pushed my jeep around alot and I know how far she can go. This was uncomfortable. Im thinking of adding the BL MML combo bu t this with further increase the height of my center of gravity. don't like that idea, but I need the BL and mml to get rid of my tcase drop and help save my fenders.
4) I run a zone 3 inch lift with 3/4s spacer up front, with 33 duratracs (measure 32). but I still hit fender sometimes. I also rub on control arm quite often and I don't like that at all. I know a BL will not help the control arms, but will the fenders. I dont want to buy new wheels, its just not in my budget.
5) my brakes suck, while trying to back down a very steep hill (probably steeper than any of you have driven, considering I could barely make it part way up) and the brakes were just not doing work. I need to replace my pads but I dont think I should need to beef up the brakes for 33s?
6)I popped out of 4lo twice when I started to wheel, but after that it stuck in firmly.
So just some thoughts, anyone want to throw some advice out there. I know some obvious stuff like get flat fenders to reduce fender rub but that wont help the more important issue of the CA's and I will get betting the BL anyways. Thanks for all advice. I will also throw up some pics of the trails today