|06-24-2011 09:50 PM|
|sonofabeach||Nice! One day I'd like to make a rack that would fit in the back of the Jeep when the back seat is out. It would be nice for those days when you take 'em off on the fly.|
|06-24-2011 08:50 AM|
As shown below, here is what I came back to after I rode to my softball games without doors. Held up very well with the two front doors, and thus I dont see any reason it would not work with 4.
FYI, I did glue the PVC together with PVC glue from Home Depot to make sure the pipes did not pull apart.
|06-23-2011 09:04 AM|
As I stated before, here is the finished product. I have not gotten around to making the furniture dolly, but I will post a picture as soon as I get a chance TJRod, so you can see the doors actually on the PVC pipe. 1" PVC is pretty thick and I dont see any reason why 50-60lbs can't be supported, but we will see shortly.
|06-22-2011 11:40 AM|
EDIT: Sorry, just noticed the "As shown" so there must be pics I'm not seeing.
Stupid work filter.
|06-22-2011 10:52 AM|
|TheTJRod||Looking good. Would like to know how well the PVC holds up the full steel doors.|
|06-22-2011 09:12 AM|
Night-time door-rack project
So I was tired of placing my doors alongside the walls and was inspired by some other racks I have seen.
So I decide to built a door-rack. After two trips to Home Depot I come back with
(3) 10' long PVC pipe 1"
(4) 6' long PVC pipe insulator
(10) PVC Tee's 1"
(14) PVC Elbows 1"
Bag of zipties
And apparently 1 whole 1/2-gallon Wawa Rasberry Tea (RIP R.Dunn)
As shown, I cut the PVC into (10) 19" long sections, (7) 12" long sections, and (12) 5" long sections.
As you notice on the bottom left, I had about 2' left over as scrap (which I later used)
As shown, I assembled the rack only to notice a big gap on both ends.
I have since instead created smaller sections for the ends 2" instead of 5" and attached.
I am currently at work and cannot find any other pictures on my computer, but I will post tonight the finished "rack" with insulator installed.
Hopefully tonight I can get around to making a furniture dolly to place underneath, so I can wheel the doors around.
All-in all, other than the annoyance of having to cut again, this was extremelly easy and took all of about 45 mins to cut and assemble (more or less because of trial and error).
Total Cost about $30