|12-11-2007 08:41 PM|
|Triple88a||my soft top was folded in the back and the hard top was on.. so to put on your hard top no you do not need to remove/unbolt the soft top from the jeep it self (just fold it back and install the hard top) but for space issues i would (i have)|
|12-11-2007 08:39 PM|
|Smeghead||Im picking up and 01 hardtop tomorrow for $750, sposed to be in good condiction. I dont really even care about the wiper and window heater|
|12-11-2007 08:20 PM|
1) hardtops are pretty expensive. you could look around but i suspect you'll find them in that price range. if it has tint thats good too
2) i dunno haha. mine has rear defog and wiper, and i know theres 2 switches in the front console that make those work
3) when you put the hard top on, you take the soft top totally off, meaning unbolt all screws and take off soft top plating. then you can either buy like a store bag or just keep it in your garage.
4) hardtops are nice, i like mine. they do keep it warmer. but jeeps do really well at getting warm anyways, so i think it's personal opinion. if you find yourself not being warm enough, get a hard top. if not, then you'll be fine.
|12-11-2007 08:11 PM|
Hardtop on a soft top TJ???
My 05 TJ came with soft top only. If I find a hardtop.....
1) How much $hould it co$t? (neighbor has an 05, wants $900)
2) What is necessary for wiper/defogger to function. Electrical? Switch, relay, wiring? I'm sure you guys have done this. How involved is it?
3) What do you do with the soft top, can it stay inside, or take off?
4) I live in Michigan, I think it would be nice to have a hardtop but, do I really need a hard top? I've only had it a month, but so far no prob. except frozen locks.
Just another new Jeeper, look'n for some words of wisdom